5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 inch wheels

fish mojo

Reaction score
Anyone out there interested in getting the optional 22 inch wheels? Do they put a low profile/sidewall tire on this wheel?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
They are a low profile tire, although I don't have the sizing on me at the moment.

fish mojo

Reaction score
warmachine said:
285-45-22
32" wheel height 11.2 wide with a 5" sidewall.

The 20" wheel package for the Longhorn has a 275-55-20 32" height, 6" sidewall 10.8" width. Think I'll stick with the 20's

D

Deleted member 85

Am I the only one that thinks it is kinda ridiculous to put 22"s on a 4x4 truck, hell, even a 4 door truck?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the limited 20" wheels and the Laramie 20's are okay. I'm not a fan of the chrome clad wheels on the big horn.

BBLV

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find any photos of the Limited with the 20" wheels - anyone have any that aren't renderings? That's what I ordered and hoping they look decent enough to keep, with the addition of some 35's and spacers of course.

ericd

Reaction score

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only thing I keep second guessing myself on my 2019 order is the 22 inch wheels. I love the look of the 22 inch rim vs the 20 inch rim which is the main reason I ordered it. I am just wondering how much of a difference in ride quality there will be.

Looks like my sidewall is 5.5 inches(?) on my 2015 Limited and it rides beautifully. Hoping I won't notice any difference on the new one.

Ksilva211

Reaction score
Slim said:
The only thing I keep second guessing myself on my 2019 order is the 22 inch wheels. I love the look of the 22 inch rim vs the 20 inch rim which is the main reason I ordered it. I am just wondering how much of a difference in ride quality there will be.

Looks like my sidewall is 5.5 inches(?) on my 2015 Limited and it rides beautifully. Hoping I won't notice any difference on the new one.
I have the 22s and I can’t imagine anyone thinking it is a crappy ride to be honest. It is by far one of the most comfortable nicest riding vehicles I have ever ridden in

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ksilva211 said:
I have the 22s and I can’t imagine anyone thinking it is a crappy ride to be honest. It is by far one of the most comfortable nicest riding vehicles I have ever ridden in
Thanks for making me feel better!
263a.png
No 22's around here to take a test ride in so I was taking a leap of faith

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
Any chance the stock 22’s adversely impact gas mileage? I have the 5.7l Hemi with etorque and don’t come close to 22mpg highway even with cruise on.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Any chance the stock 22’s adversely impact gas mileage? I have the 5.7l Hemi with etorque and don’t come close to 22mpg highway even with cruise on.
All things being equal, the lower profile tires will yield better mpg. However, add the extra weight of the wheels and a different tire and tread pattern and you have changed the equation. Axle ratio and your foot will make a bigger difference.

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
That’s what I figured. But that’s not what’s on the stocker when you buy the truck, the should advise this issue.

cjmst23

Reaction score
That’s what I figured. But that’s not what’s on the stocker when you buy the truck, the should advise this issue.
The outer diameter of the tires is exactly the same on the OEM 22 and 20 inch wheels.

cjmst23

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find any photos of the Limited with the 20" wheels - anyone have any that aren't renderings? That's what I ordered and hoping they look decent enough to keep, with the addition of some 35's and spacers of course.
Limited 20s IMG951521.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread