5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21' Laramie Southwest Edition, at Night

moseriv

Reaction score
First ever truck owner here, and after struggling with what to buy I finally settled on a 21' 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition. I hate chrome, and fortunately this truck came with very little so the deletes weren't that hard to do but here's shots of before and after and a list of the things of done to the truck so far

1) Vinyl wrapped the front grill, door chrome inserts and tailgate release handle
2) Debadged the tailgate RAM symbol and side RAM lettering and replaced with OEM black replacements
3) Installed a Truxedo tonneau cover
4) Installed weather tech floor liners and mud guards
5) Removed inserts from OEM 20" rims and powder coated the wheels gloss black

Nothing earth shattering but you guy's are making me spend lots of money looking at your rigs lol. Things left to do..

1) Remove factory rake by installing a +2.5" front lift kit
2) 285/65/R20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's
3) JMS Pedal Max Drive
4) S & B cold air intake
5) Amp research bed step.

You're probably thinking I could've just bought a limited and would've been done with virtually all of this and you'd be right, but I couldn't find any in my area at all and fell in love with the tan interior and wood inserts. Anyway, thank you guys for looking and for providing a lot of much needed content on here for first time truck buyers like myself. BTW, first image is day one RAM, but you knew that.

Attachments

• image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 240
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 240
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 238

Rlandon

Reaction score
Mine is also the Southwest Edition (Texas) but has black leather interior with embossed Laramie on the seats. It has the 295 G2's with a ReadyLIFT 3.5 kit. I love the truck. Not going overboard with it for now. My sig below has all the details (so far). Enjoy yours and let the mods begin.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome truck! I'm looking at doing the same thing with removing the chrome. I don't mind it, but I think the color combination will be much better!

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First ever truck owner here, and after struggling with what to buy I finally settled on a 21' 1500 Laramie Southwest Edition. I hate chrome, and fortunately this truck came with very little so the deletes weren't that hard to do but here's shots of before and after and a list of the things of done to the truck so far

1) Vinyl wrapped the front grill, door chrome inserts and tailgate release handle
2) Debadged the tailgate RAM symbol and side RAM lettering and replaced with OEM black replacements
3) Installed a Truxedo tonneau cover
4) Installed weather tech floor liners and mud guards
5) Removed inserts from OEM 20" rims and powder coated the wheels gloss black

Nothing earth shattering but you guy's are making me spend lots of money looking at your rigs lol. Things left to do..

1) Remove factory rake by installing a +2.5" front lift kit
2) 285/65/R20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's
3) JMS Pedal Max Drive
4) S & B cold air intake
5) Amp research bed step.

You're probably thinking I could've just bought a limited and would've been done with virtually all of this and you'd be right, but I couldn't find any in my area at all and fell in love with the tan interior and wood inserts. Anyway, thank you guys for looking and for providing a lot of much needed content on here for first time truck buyers like myself. BTW, first image is day one RAM, but you knew that.
Have any closer pictures of the wheels? Also how did you remove the plastic inserts?

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
I've got a 2022 Laramie SW edition on order and will be following your lead on the chrome delete. Any pictures and/or lessons learned on the wheels would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread