5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20K miles later

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Just had my 20k service done. Truck has been flawless and I’ve enjoyed it more and more. Been through some considerable winter storms with heavy wet snow sleet and freezing rain. Been through some deep mud last week which my dealer thoughtfully hoses out for me without my request

Absolutely love the Wild Peak Faulken AT3W tires

I like the truck more and more all the time. I don’t baby it but I don’t drive like a country hick either. The roads here are terrible and it’s managed very well

1000 miles a week. Towed A heavy duty trailer a few times with the 3.21 and it was a delight. love the access and space. I haven’t driven my other car in months.

Driveway is total ice after a rainfall and then subzero temps so I drove up the lawn :) B4B9C3A1-254E-4580-822B-587B94C350A5.png

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Glad to see another one with some miles being put on it and driven by a happy owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nice looking blacked out unit you have there!
Where are you located? Definitely winter looking conditions there.
Thanks for the 20K owners report. While not all owners will experience such good vibes, it’s bound to be comforting to those who are wondering. Also shows the 3.21 will pull just fine, credit that great 8 speed.(y)

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
Great to hear and gorgeous truck! I'm only at 1800 miles but absolutely love my truck! I agree on the Falken tires and Auto 4wd. Extremely sure footed in the snow and ice, very enjoyable to drive in these winter conditions unlike my Tundra was!
20191129_131201.jpg

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Hi guys & dolls,

I’m in never never land in New England at the moment. We are suppose to get a foot and half of snow Sunday into Monday and an additional two more days of snow after that. I’m on the side of mountain and we always get more than expected as there is a permanent dark cloud circling this area like a classic brothers grim fable

yay friends Tundra broke down and I happened by at the right moment so we moved the trailer off his truck and hitched mine up. It was loaded with tools and goodies. Easy to line up and easy to pull even up hill

I enjoy the hell out of it. Why didn’t you all tell me about these trucks years ago!!

eyeguy

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2020 laramie sport with offroad package. Icy and slushy roads last 2 days no problems. Only 400 miles on truck but love it so far. Seems to get just as good if not better mileage at 70-72 as it does at 60. Getting high teens for mpg. I have trouble not watching the mpg but to tell the truth I love the truck so much I dont think I care what it gets. Its a joy to drive.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Just had my 20k service done. Truck has been flawless and I’ve enjoyed it more and more. Been through some considerable winter storms with heavy wet snow sleet and freezing rain. Been through some deep mud last week which my dealer thoughtfully hoses out for me without my request

Absolutely love the Wild Peak Faulken AT3W tires

I like the truck more and more all the time. I don’t baby it but I don’t drive like a country hick either. The roads here are terrible and it’s managed very well

1000 miles a week. Towed A heavy duty trailer a few times with the 3.21 and it was a delight. love the access and space. I haven’t driven my other car in months.

Driveway is total ice after a rainfall and then subzero temps so I drove up the lawn :) View attachment 40792
Gorgeous truck. Great report!

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Beautiful truck. Thanks for sharing the positive report. I’m coming up on a year and have a little over 12k. Nothing but smiles.

enjoy it!!

I just picked up my 2020 laramie sport with offroad package. Icy and slushy roads last 2 days no problems. Only 400 miles on truck but love it so far. Seems to get just as good if not better mileage at 70-72 as it does at 60. Getting high teens for mpg. I have trouble not watching the mpg but to tell the truth I love the truck so much I dont think I care what it gets. Its a joy to drive.

Hey eyeguy,

I’m not sure if you are running the 321 or 3.9. I drove both and there was a small difference in feel but enormous difference in mpg. I routinely get 20-24mpg between highway and around town unless I go over 72mph

I haven’t exceeded 24mpg but I can average that in heavy traffic on the Merrit just outside NYC crossing Connecticut

I do a lot of trips to NYC and it starts or ends very hilly so it’s not like Florida or Texas. Lots of up and down and wind

I’ve also noticed that a lot of other truck owners tend to speed up or try and catch up when they see this truck. I attribute this to envy and a sense of personal inadequacy on their part :)

CB29527F-2AA7-43D8-B3F1-BB040B715073.png 41DAD6F9-F47B-454C-AE80-CB5E8F28DBA3.png

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Some very happy campers posting up, helps to balance the oft-quoted phrase that forums are dominated by complainers. Not here!

HotHareSpey, all the rain we are getting here in NC (currently over an inch in the last 2 days) is headed your way in the form of white stuff to play on...:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lize

Reaction score
Good to see a positive reports. You do about same miles a week as I do a month, maybe I’ll have to try harder :)

I haven’t driven my other car in months.
I know what you mean, when I go out the door I look at my cars and get in the Ram. Having a job making sure I’m running the other cars enough and batteries not going flat.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Good to see a positive reports. You do about same miles a week as I do a month, maybe I’ll have to try harder :)

I know what you mean, when I go out the door I look at my cars and get in the Ram. Having a job making sure I’m running the other cars enough and batteries not going flat.
Thats great! Im a bit of the opposite, we take the grungy Ford out in the rainy weather...

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
really nice trucks! Thx for sharing! Love seeing the pics

I used to live in Asheville (Savannah, Hilton Head, and Austin as well) and I begin to miss it this time of year as you can imagine.

One other thing I’d like to mention. The brakes on the truck are still going strong at 20K. That’s shocking to me. I live on a mountain most of the time so I’ve got a long 10-12 mile decent and when the weather is acting up as they just increased our snow accumulations to 24inches tonight and tomorrow, those brakes get a good workout. My other vehicle gets them done about every 9k

I’m not sure I’ve ever had brakes go that long but I was expecting to replace them this last visit. The mechanic rotated my wheels and said no worries they are still going.

My 20K service was $228 with oil change (synthetic).

my next move is to order the backflip 2(?)hard cover. Im going to put some strong large tubs/containers that are thick plastic with covers in the back and put all the stuff under my rear seat in them as well as some extra clothes, wool blankets, a heavy duty blanket for the tow strap tension when recovering a vehicle, a shovel or two, etc

Then tie a cord from the two bed hooks close to the tailgate so they keep the bins close to the gate. That way when my cab is full of people and animals I can throw my stuff, groceries, bags, w/e in the bins and they won’t get wet if it rains or snows but will be accessible easily and not slide around

My coworkers like to ride with me to off campus meetings and it begins to get tight and I don’t want people’s gear tearing/scratching the seats etc - that and my daughter is a total slob and throws her fking horse sh1t covered tall boots around like it’s her job - regardless how many times I have her clean up afterward or politely ask her not too lol

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
My 20K service was $228 with oil change (synthetic). What did that entail?

My other vehicle gets them done about every 9k... What do you have, a 2008 - 2013 Grand Caravan or Town and Country? They had notoriously ****tie brakes

HotHareSpey

Reaction score

nah a 2012 Nissan. Hasn’t been super reliable and it’s been maintained like a Swiss watch. Unimpressed with my experiences with both Nissan and Toyota

Users who are viewing this thread