5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GMC Sierra Denali EV

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have my reservations about electric and still feel the only way I’d buy one is if it had an onboard generator (like the supposed RAM REPB), but this truck looks f’in nice. I like the exterior, and love the interior. The cost is absurd though, and I’m not sure how the average American could come close to affording it. That being said, being as fast as a TRX is pretty cool. Plus, the bed expanding to 10’10” is a pretty cool concept.

29E02130-710E-400D-9F78-3008549A9C2F.jpeg
68AB4BFB-4C6D-4EBC-8FD7-F025A20337E5.jpeg
71E0776D-C655-4F77-8C9B-FB6D32899A1D.jpeg
FE03B9AD-E24D-4342-B064-B06CBFE2CACC.jpeg

2024 GMC Denali EV

Attachments

• 2021407A-843A-4230-A7DD-CA5DDC26435F.jpeg
    2021407A-843A-4230-A7DD-CA5DDC26435F.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 16

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not my cup of tea, but it's interesting, at least. And an improvement over the 2019-2022 GMCs (a low bar, for sure). It's not terrible, but I do have quibbles with several design elements.

I'm not a fan of the front end at all. Auto designers need to figure out what to do with what would be a grille on an ICE. Or, maybe I just need to get used to dorky looking solid grilles.

Vehicles that got the front-end wrong: this Denali, Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Models 3 and Y, Rivian R1T and R1S. Vehicles that got the mock-grille right: Tesla Models S and X, Hyundai Ioniq 6, VW ID 4, Honda Prologue, Ford F-150 Lightning. (That's not a comment on the overall styling of any of these vehicles, just my observation on vehicles that did, or did not, avoid dorky looking front-ends).

I like the integrated look of the Ram (including the digital dash of the 2023 models) better than the bolted-on-tablet look on this GMC. Alas, that tablet is popular, or at least common (Honda, Mazda, and many others do this to their cars and SUVs), so maybe this is another case of me being out-of-touch with current trends. Still, it looks to me like these screens were stuck on after the fact, rather than integrated into the overall interior design.

What I do find compelling about GM vehicles is Super Cruise. I've never been in a vehicle with it, but it at least sounds impressive.

One final thought: I find it ironic (and also, incidentally, implausible) that electric vehicles are being hailed as the saviors of the planet, yet increasingly, we get absurdly large and powerful vehicles like this Denali, the Hummer EV, and so on. Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of people having the freedom to drive what they want (so long as my tax dollars aren't subsidizing it, which fortunately, it looks so far like they will not do for this Denali), but if the planet needs electric or electrified vehicles (as proponents claim), then it needs more Honda Civic like vehicles, not multi-ton behemoths like this.

Then again, the industry is not yet ready (and I'm skeptical they ever will be) ready for full electrification, so if buyers with deep pockets fund the development of the technology for now, I've got no issue with that. That's how we got much of the automotive technology we take for granted today, airbags and anti-lock brakes being classic examples. But again, leave my tax dollars out of it; I have no interest in subsidizing any vehicles, and I especially do not want to help wealthy people buy extravagances.

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have my reservations about electric and still feel the only way I’d buy one is if it had an onboard generator (like the supposed RAM REPB), but this truck looks f’in nice. I like the exterior, and love the interior. The cost is absurd though, and I’m not sure how the average American could come close to affording it. That being said, being as fast as a TRX is pretty cool. Plus, the bed expanding to 10’10” is a pretty cool concept.

View attachment 142295
View attachment 142297
View attachment 142298
View attachment 142299

2024 GMC Denali EV
It is slick.

Did you see the F-150 Lightning (with extended range battery) did 0-60 in under 4 seconds? That’s just…unnecessary. But wow, these trucks are quick (and better have amazing brakes).

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It is slick.

Did you see the F-150 Lightning (with extended range battery) did 0-60 in under 4 seconds? That’s just…unnecessary. But wow, these trucks are quick (and better have amazing brakes).
Lol, I’d argue that it’s very necessary- anything to get my Haagen-dazs home faster is a win in my book. It’s pretty cool that we live in a time where we can have a vehicle with that much power be daily driven.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It is slick.

What scares me is putting that kind of speed in the wrong hands. Sure the electric vehicles are fast but not everybody can handle that kinda speed. A number of years ago 3 kids stole 3 brand new Hellcats from a Dodge dealer. They wrecked all 3 of them shortly after. Couldn’t handle the power.😆

Last edited:

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hard pass based on $, center cluster, bolt on tablet and front end. just can't get use to no grill, maybe after market will come out with something to customized it

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, I’d argue that it’s very necessary- anything to get my Haagen-dazs home faster is a win in my book. It’s pretty cool that we live in a time where we can have a vehicle with that much power be daily driven.
GMC Boss: We need a dessert runner to compete with the Ford Raptor and Ram TRX!
Engineer: Don’t you mean desert runner?
Boss: You heard me, get to work!
Engineer: Umm, whatever you say!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread