5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 New TRX Appearance Package?

Jims380da

Reaction score
Saw this interesting video on upcoming 2023 model year. Any truth to this? Wonder where hes getting his info from???

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As he states, FCA/Stellantis have diluted the appearance of vehicles before and it really takes away from the performance model. There were many unhappy people on the Charger/Challenger Hellcat forums when the Scat Packs got the appearance of the SRT and Hellcat models. Being that all 3 were done by SRT, I thought they worked well together. When Dodge allowed for the GT models to get the same hood and bumper covers as the Scat Pack/SRT lineup, it really took away from those model's individuality.

Personally, I think the manufacturer should have their model lineup with the appearances that separate them out. If all vehicles can have the same appearance as the top of the line model, it destroys the stigma associated with seeing those top models running down the street.

RAMREB

Reaction score
Curious as well as I am getting ready to order a 2022

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's been mentioned here before about them getting a patent on a RamAir hood. It was on the SEMA Ram GT build. Will be nice to have a different good option

Jims380da

Reaction score
Curious as well as I am getting ready to order a 2022
Im looking to order as well. I may wait till August for a 2023. Are you still going Rebel? I have a Laramie but looking to change to Rebel. Recommend?

billyraff

Reaction score
I’d get a TRX appearance GT with the hurricane in a heartbeat. I’ve had a gen 5 Laramie 5.7 and rebel 5.7. Would be ready to change it up

RAMREB

Reaction score
Im looking to order as well. I may wait till August for a 2023. Are you still going Rebel? I have a Laramie but looking to change to Rebel. Recommend?
I'm on the fence. I want to sell my 19 Rebel privately soon to capitalize on the inventory shortages and high used truck prices. I feel like we are at the tail end now. Also interest rates are going up so I would like to place an order to lock into current incentives. which I was told is 1.9% for 60 mos through Chrysler Capital. I love my Rebel but also wouldn't mind going to a Laramie to charge things up a bit.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I actually like the idea of a TRX appearance package. I for sure would have ordered a G/T this time around if that was available and think it really needed something like this to look more muscular and be more fitting of the G/T moniker. I don’t look at it as trying to fool people. Anybody with any common sense can tell it’s not a TRX. If appearance isn’t enough just listen for the supercharger whine or the guttural roar of the 702 hp.😆

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I actually like the idea of a TRX appearance package. I for sure would have ordered a G/T this time around if that was available and think it really needed something like this to look more muscular and be more fitting of the G/T moniker. I don’t look at it as trying to fool people. Anybody with any common sense can tell it’s not a TRX. If appearance isn’t enough just listen for the supercharger whine or the guttural roar of the 702 hp.😆
****, I've been asked if my Built to Serve was a TRX before.

billyraff

Reaction score
I’d imagine the mid cycle refresh heads towards the limited/TRX styling. Thin headlights, grille etc too so it’s only a matter of time.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
From what I heard, the 2024 model year is the mid-cycle refresh, though excited if the 2023 gets some interesting stuff.

billyraff

Reaction score
From what I heard, the 2024 model year is the mid-cycle refresh, though excited if the 2023 gets some interesting stuff.
That’s what I’ve heard too. I’m in between a 23 or waiting for the refresh. Wouldn’t mind a 23 if it had some interesting additions.

ccf2mb

Reaction score
I'm on the fence. I want to sell my 19 Rebel privately soon to capitalize on the inventory shortages and high used truck prices. I feel like we are at the tail end now. Also interest rates are going up so I would like to place an order to lock into current incentives. which I was told is 1.9% for 60 mos through Chrysler Capital. I love my Rebel but also wouldn't mind going to a Laramie to charge things up a bit.

I can tell you this is the case, at least in the Midwest. Two months ago, my buddy sold his 2014 F150 for about 3k more than what he bought it for. I just traded in a 2019 F150 and it was a fight to get the number I got. Still didn't get to what KBB, which the dealer used for values, said it was worth.

RAMREB

Reaction score
I can tell you this is the case, at least in the Midwest. Two months ago, my buddy sold his 2014 F150 for about 3k more than what he bought it for. I just traded in a 2019 F150 and it was a fight to get the number I got. Still didn't get to what KBB, which the dealer used for values, said it was worth.
I can totally see that that's why I am trying to move fast! Luckily I am fortunate enough to have another vehicle to drive in between selling my Rebel and getting what's next. I would love a Raptor Gen 3 and would probably buy one at MSRP if I could find one but I am definitely not paying over.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You'd be surprised, had a Challenger trying to race me last night... pretty sure he thought my Rebel was a TRX.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
You'd be surprised, had a Challenger trying to race me last night... pretty sure he thought my Rebel was a TRX.

I've had on 4 separate occasions people ask me if my truck was a TRX. My bone stock Rebel. I think because it's bright red and lots of TRX media featured a red one that people can get confused.

Dewey

Reaction score
Here ya go guys. Here’s your next mod.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Would need to swap over the TRX front clip for that to work as it's just a carbon fiber hood for the TRX, not a regular 1500

Clv22p

Reaction score

If you bought that one you'd fair as well as this guy...Big oof that it wasn't test fit before painting...
B2744EDA-C03D-4A0C-8ACE-644193C4B354.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread