5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rumbling when turning right or left, Sensations through gas pedal.

MadSyco

Reaction score
Hey guys, New to the chat. Just bought a 2022 Rebel a couple of weeks ago and i'm having some causes for concern that maybe someone here has experienced or know of.

1st issue : When turning right or left at slow speeds (6-11 mph), i get this rumbling sensation that seems to come from the axles. I can feel it through the floorboard, and i can hear it as well.
I've watched a couple of videos on the EPS issue that some guys were having with the 2019 Rebels needing a update but it doesn't seem to be the same things.

I've been to two dealerships for this problem t around 100-150 miles. The first one (where i bought the truck from) had it for half a day and told me there was nothing wrong with the truck and if it still does it by the time i get my first oil change with them, they would take a look again.
The second dealership made a Tech ride with me to see if i could recreate the problem for him. He picked up on it and described it as "clutch packs wearing against each other" and that it is was normal and should go away by 3k ish miles. He seemed confident about it but i'm at 1k miles now and no improvement thus far unfortunately.

Hoping someone here has been through the same thing and its part of the Rebel 4x4 break in process.

2nd issue: at 70+ MPH on smooth highway, you can feel the mechanics of the drivetrain and some component of the drivetrain through the floorboard AND the Gas pedal. Its not due to the anything from the road as far as i can tell but coming from the truck itself. I have not been to any dealership for this issue yet because i am not sure if this is just how RAM's drive as some people have said. I am coming from a 2021 Toyota Tacoma Trd Pro and i recall none of these symptoms with that truck being that its a 4x4 as well.

If you have any inkling on what might be causing these 2 issues or if they're normal things that you also experienced or are currently experiencing, please let me know! Thank you.

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
The rumbling is the shoulder blocks hitting the pavement on turns and is normal at low speeds.
The highway speed is likely a tire slightly out of balance if it's really bad, or if you are used to less aggressive tires, could just be the duratracs making noise like any m/t or aggressive A/t does.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You aren't, by chance, driving in 4wd auto are you?

Wolverine

Reaction score
Do you have the anti-spin rear axle? If so, do a search on this forum…it may be that your rear axle needs some friction modifier added….

MadSyco

Reaction score
The rumbling is the shoulder blocks hitting the pavement on turns and is normal at low speeds.
The highway speed is likely a tire slightly out of balance if it's really bad, or if you are used to less aggressive tires, could just be the duratracs making noise like any m/t or aggressive A/t does.
Really? that's a first for me. i've had these tires before brand new and they never did that but i'll keep that in mind. Thank you.

MadSyco

Reaction score
Do you have the anti-spin rear axle? If so, do a search on this forum…it may be that your rear axle needs some friction modifier added….
I'm not sure tbh, i would think not since its not listed in the standard/add-on sales sheet. but i have read other posts on the axles being low on differential fluid or friction modifier. I plan on changing the Diff oil and adding in the modifiers when i get back. Thank you.

My question with that though is, i feel it from the front. Wouldn't that be a front axle issue then?

Last edited:

Hofkamp

Reaction score
I just had the same issue on my 2021 with 15000 miles,
look up the Service bulletin# 03-005-21 the shutter or vibration during turning can be caused by a breakdown of the rear diff. fluid. a simple fix by following the service instructions!

whalesalad

Reaction score
Really? that's a first for me. i've had these tires before brand new and they never did that but i'll keep that in mind. Thank you.
Took me a while to get used to it too. They seem to quiet down a little as you put miles on it. Important to note these are E rated not P rated, so they might deliver a different experience than the Duratrac’s you had before.

Not saying there isn’t a driveline issue, it’s certainly possible.

What are your tire pressures?

MadSyco

Reaction score
Took me a while to get used to it too. They seem to quiet down a little as you put miles on it. Important to note these are E rated not P rated, so they might deliver a different experience than the Duratrac’s you had before.

Not saying there isn’t a driveline issue, it’s certainly possible.

What are your tire pressures?
55/45 as stated on door sticker if i remember correctly

MadSyco

Reaction score
I just had the same issue on my 2021 with 15000 miles,
look up the Service bulletin# 03-005-21 the shutter or vibration during turning can be caused by a breakdown of the rear diff. fluid. a simple fix by following the service instructions!
Awesome! i'll look into and make changing the rear diff oil a priority when i get back stateside. thank you

Users who are viewing this thread