5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rebel GT (adaptive cruise?)

drisada

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been working with a dealer in MN on a new build, and he is telling me there is no way to get the adaptive cruise on the 2022 Rebels.

This seems odd, since previous years have had it, and previous ‘22 builds he’s done for me have had it (apparently Ram has changed their packages/options for ‘22). Frankly, Ram’s build process right now is super confusing, even for dealerships, and the websites still show ‘21s when dealers can only order ‘22s.

Can anyone confirm if adaptive cruise is indeed available or not on the new Rebels?!

4jlcc

Reaction score
My dealer was unable to add it when I ordered on 8/7.
Edit: New Rebel GT was ordered on Nov 2, I was able to add it to it.

Last edited:

Al_SXM

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been working with a dealer in MN on a new build, and he is telling me there is no way to get the adaptive cruise on the 2022 Rebels.

This seems odd, since previous years have had it, and previous ‘22 builds he’s done for me have had it (apparently Ram has changed their packages/options for ‘22). Frankly, Ram’s build process right now is super confusing, even for dealerships, and the websites still show ‘21s when dealers can only order ‘22s.

Can anyone confirm if adaptive cruise is indeed available or not on the new Rebels?!
Ram finally updated their site last night with the 2022 models. I do recall Ram stating that you cannot get adaptive cruise control on the 22 Rebels with the GT package. I just can’t remember which site I saw it on.

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram finally updated their site last night with the 2022 models. I do recall Ram stating that you cannot get adaptive cruise control on the 22 Rebels with the GT package. I just can’t remember which site I saw it on.
woah I thought Delmonico red was coming for the Rebel... maybe it's just late.

rybozome

Reaction score
My dealer was not able to add it either when I went through the build with him the last couple of weeks of September. It is supposed to be part of the Advanced Safety Group (and is reflected on the Ram build site for the 2022 Rebel model), however, the option was not available for him to add when building it out. I eventually decided to move forward without it because for me it was more of a "nice to have" but I drove a friend's 2022 Yukon recently and the adaptive cruise was pretty damn convenient.

yosh_lopez

Reaction score
I picked up my 22 Rebel Quad Cab from the dealer on Friday and it has it. I ordered it on 20 May as part of the safety group. Ram also updated the cameras available...it now has a front facing camera, side mirror cameras, and an overhead view surround vantage of the truck.

Sterno90

Reaction score
The advanced safety group has the ACC, and the 360 camera system I believe is called the trailer Surround view camera system

drisada

Reaction score
Something to do with the chip shortage I was told and I wont order until I can get that...funny I cant order a 22 the same as my 20.
Interesting, makes sense! I cancelled my current order and will wait until it's available before re-ordering.

skyshade

Reaction score
This not only on GT, seems that any Rebel cannot be build with Advanced Safety Group, despite they list as available option on the web site. I'm going to drop my order, this a must have feature for me. I'm going to wait them to provide this option or wait for the ZR2 2022.

Dealer said it available on the Limited, that is more expensive and has much worst lease numbers even if you pair it with same price compared to Rebel. Seems that limited depreciation it worst them rebel.

ktl5005

Reaction score
This not only on GT, seems that any Rebel cannot be build with Advanced Safety Group, despite they list as available option on the web site. I'm going to drop my order, this a must have feature for me. I'm going to wait them to provide this option or wait for the ZR2 2022.

Dealer said it available on the Limited, that is more expensive and has much worst lease numbers even if you pair it with same price compared to Rebel. Seems that limited depreciation it worst them rebel.
How can they Say the limited depreciation is worth?. It’s a 2022 and they’re just being produced now. I think the limited sold value fine

skyshade

Reaction score
How can they Say the limited depreciation is worth?. It’s a 2022 and they’re just being produced now. I think the limited sold value fine
Based on residual value lease guide from chrysler financial, the rebel has 2% different from Limited on 3 years and 4% in 4 years. There is also specific incentives, that limited almost never have.

dvonseggern

Reaction score
My dealer was not able to add it either when I went through the build with him the last couple of weeks of September. It is supposed to be part of the Advanced Safety Group (and is reflected on the Ram build site for the 2022 Rebel model), however, the option was not available for him to add when building it out. I eventually decided to move forward without it because for me it was more of a "nice to have" but I drove a friend's 2022 Yukon recently and the adaptive cruise was pretty damn convenient.
I ordered my 2022 Rebel GT on 6/21/22 with the adaptive cruise, I had heard they were changing packages and options, I contact my dealer and he said Ram would honor my build list however others ordering now will not get certain items.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometime in August they changed the packages around and what's available in them. They said to make it easier but it comes down to supply chain issues and they're allocating the items with more chips to the higher trim lines. I'm sure as things get better, options will be added back to other trims.

HydroRebel22

Reaction score
Hello,

If you just get a regular rebel you can get it, not sure about the GT version. I got my 2022 rebel about 2 weeks ago and I have it.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Rebel GT on 6/21/22 with the adaptive cruise, I had heard they were changing packages and options, I contact my dealer and he said Ram would honor my build list however others ordering now will not get certain items.
I ordered mine on 7/29/21 and was also able to get the ACC on the Rebel with the GT package. I'm assuming if you ordered before August you were able to get the combination? The downside is now I will be waiting a long time for the chips. I got my VIN middle of August and that was the last update I've gotten.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today's pile of build sheets includes 4 Rebels with the Advanced Safety Group (which contains Adaptive Cruise Control, along with some other features). These have VINs ranging from 101xxx to 169xxx - that last one corresponds to an order date of ~9/1/21.

My May 20th Rebel order had it (still hasn't been built). I tried to re-order the same Rebel about 2 weeks ago, and was told that ASG isn't available on the Rebels. But my local dealer is telling me that it IS an option right now on his system. So I'm heading over there this afternoon to see if I can configure another Rebel like I ordered in May. We'll see what happens.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Today's pile of build sheets includes 4 Rebels with the Advanced Safety Group (which contains Adaptive Cruise Control, along with some other features). These have VINs ranging from 101xxx to 169xxx - that last one corresponds to an order date of ~9/1/21.

My May 20th Rebel order had it (still hasn't been built). I tried to re-order the same Rebel about 2 weeks ago, and was told that ASG isn't available on the Rebels. But my local dealer is telling me that it IS an option right now on his system. So I'm heading over there this afternoon to see if I can configure another Rebel like I ordered in May. We'll see what happens.
Just following up on this. Spent an hour trying to configure a new Rebel with my dealer. Good news, you can add ASG now. Bad news, Pano sunroof and Ramboxes are now restricted items. Couldn’t add either of those, so I said F*** it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online