5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram Limited -Suspension Maxx Sway bar Links

Feldguy2024

Reaction score
I'd posted here a month or two ago about the clunking noise under the truck. I added some suspension Maxx Sway bar links and it cured the issue, along with some Moog sway bar bushings. No issues remaining there....

After a month and a couple thousand miles, I'm getting a squeaking I can't quite put my fingers on.

Just wondering if anyone has a similar experience. I tried tightening them but then I got the bushing "crunch". It's nowhere near as audible as the clunking sound, I just figure it's going to get worse as time goes on.

Curious what everyone's thoughts might be.

Thanks;

Did you grease the sway bar bushings? Were the Moog ones poly or old style rubber? If you use poly and regular grease, it can eat away the poly causing the squeak. Same situation if you use rubber bushings and go with a silicone grease (meant for poly).

****. You nailed it literally right on the head, the sway bar bushings are the culprit....the moogs were greased with what I thought was the right stuff but it turns out, it ate away at the bushings and here we are. Just ordered a new set and the correct grease.

How's that for timing? Lol

****. You nailed it literally right on the head, the sway bar bushings are the culprit....the moogs were greased with what I thought was the right stuff but it turns out, it ate away at the bushings and here we are. Just ordered a new set and the correct grease.

How's that for timing? Lol

It's an easy mistake to make and honestly, a lesser known thing.

Did you go with rubber again or poly? If it's poly, "Super Lube" is the go to.

I went with poly. I actually used some Xg8 Ford driveline grease, it's all I had and I was in a pinch to get it back together, I hadn't even considered it to be honest.

I did buy the energy suspension lube, but I'm gonna grab super lube and follow your recommendation just in case.

Appreciate the assist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back