5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 Option Changes

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For anyone wanting a 2022...

As the RAM brand gears up for the production launch of its 2022 Ram 1500 pickup, our sister site 5thGenRams.com is now learning about the new methods that RAM is taking to ensure that production remains intact as the current semiconductor shortage continues. This includes RAM’s plan to reduce the complexity of its offerings for several models. So what can we expect?

RamQuad-2.jpg
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel Quad Cab 4×4. (Ram).
So going into the 2022 model year, the first thing you will notice is that there are massive changes to the Quad Cab lineup. With a majority of buyers opting for the much larger Crew Cab models, the Quad Cab has been more of the budget-friendly alternative to get into a Ram 1500 (DT) pickup.

RamQuad-1.jpg
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel Quad Cab 4×4. (Ram).
With that being said, the Quad Cab will be limited to only the Tradesman and Big Horn (Lone Star in Texas) trim lines. That’s right, the Laramie and Rebel Quad Cab offerings are gone from the lineup in 2022.

Those who purchase a Quad Cab Tradesman or Big Horn/Lone Star model will NOT be able to purchase the Single Pane Sunroof (GWA) option either. Matter of fact, there will not be a sunroof option at all for the Quad Cab model in 2022.

RamQuad-3.jpg
2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab 4×4. (Ram).
Quad Cab models will also lose, the optional Air Suspension (SER), Technology Group (ADG), and Power Running Boards (MR7) as well.

Now let us look at the different changes to the existing trim levels.

Tradesman –

2021-Ram-1500-Tradesman-HFE-EcoDiesel.-Ram-2-scaled.jpg
2022 Ram 1500 Tradesman HFE EcoDiesel. (Ram).
  • Optional Air Suspension (SER) has been dropped from all Tradesman models.
  • Ram Box (XB9) option has been dropped for 2022.
  • Multi-function Tailgate (MWK) has been dropped for 2022 from the Tradesman lineup.
  • Tradesman EcoDiesel is now limited to HFE (High Fuel Efficiency) only.
Big Horn/Lone Star –

BackCountry-4-scaled.jpg
2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn BackCountry Edition 4×4. (Ram).
  • Rear Underseat Compartment Storage (CUE) is no longer a stand-alone option but is included with the Big Horn/Lone Star Level 1 Equipment Group and Big Horn/Lone Star Level 2 Equipment Group.
  • Mountain Brown (-X5) and Frost Beige (-XL) interior colors are no longer available on Big Horn/Lone Star models.
  • Multi-function Tailgate (MWK) has been dropped for 2022 from the Big Horn/Lone Star lineup.
  • North Edition (ASP) will NOT return for 2022 (replaced by BackCountry model).
Rebel –

GT-2-scaled.jpg
2022 Ram 1500 Rebel G/T Crew Cab 4×4. (Ram).
  • Rebel 12A (AZ6) package (Alpine 9-Amplified Speakers with Subwoofer, Luxury Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats, and Uconnect® 12.0-Inch Display with Navigation) has been dropped.
  • Cloth/Vinyl Bucket Seats (*G7) become only available in Black/Red.
  • Luxury-Trimmed Bucket Seats become part of the Rebel Night Edition package.
  • No more Quad Cab models.
Laramie –

GT-8-scaled.jpg
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie G/T Crew Cab 4×4. (Ram).
    • Rear Underseat Compartment Storage (CUE) is no longer a stand-alone option but is included with the Laramie Level 1 Equipment Group.
    • Two-Tone Paint (APD) has been dropped on Laramie models completely for 2022.
    • Protection Group (ADB) has been dropped for 2022.
    • 22-Inch Polish-Painted Wheels (WPM) replaced with 22-Inch Black-Painted Wheels (WPH).
    • No more Quad Cab models.
Limited Longhorn –

2021 Ram 1500 Limited Longhorn Crew Cab 4x4. (Ram).
2022 Ram 1500 Limited Longhorn Crew Cab 4×4. (Ram).
  • Two-Tone Paint (APD) has been dropped on Limited Longhorn except on Ivory White painted models.
    • Longhorn Level 1 Equipment Group now includes Heads-Up Display (HUD) and Digital Rear-View Mirror (DRVM).
Limited –

2022-Ram-1500-Limited-10th-Anniversary-Edition-Crew-Cab-4x4-EcoDiesel.-Ram-1-scaled.jpg
2022 Ram 1500 Limited 10th Anniversary Edition Crew Cab 4×4 EcoDiesel. (Ram).
  • Limited Level 1 Equipment Group now includes Heads-Up Display (HUD) and Digital Rear-View Mirror (DRVM).
  • Advanced Safety Group (ALP) is no longer available on the Limited.
TRX –

• TRX Level 2 Equipment Group now includes Heads-Up Display (HUD), Digital Rear-View Mirror (DRVM), and 19-Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound System

According to the dealers we have talked to, RAM sent out letters stating that already placed orders for the 2022 model year trucks, will be modified to reflect the revised plan.

What do you think of the changes? Let us know in the comments or in the 5thGenRams.com owner forums.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks for sharing - failing to understand how a chip shortage explains of the cosmetic DROP changes they are making.

Ram_702

Reaction score
thanks for sharing - failing to understand how a chip shortage explains of the cosmetic DROP changes they are making.
This is good info for the dealers I think too. They seem to be way under informed as to the 2022 changes as recently as last week. I ordered my truck on 9/18 and they had no clue the HUD was included in the Limited 1 package until I asked them to send me a screenshot of my build from their system where it was listed.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is good info for the dealers I think too. They seem to be way under informed as to the 2022 changes as recently as last week. I ordered my truck on 9/18 and they had no clue the HUD was included in the Limited 1 package until I asked them to send me a screenshot of my build from their system where it was listed.
I guess they don't do the sales department meetings about model year option changes anymore.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice to know about the available options and features. However, without any inventory, it’s hard to produce sales already with extremely low inventory, and have promotions on stuff you don’t have.

To be honest, until there is more inventory, there hasn’t been that much change from last year, so they should actually slow down a little on advertising. What’s the point of advertising a truck that isn’t even available yet, or even see it at a dealer?

If it’s a bronco or a Ford lighting, those are complete redesigns and brand new trucks…I get that kind of advertising.

2022 Big Horn Back Country
6/14…order placed
6/24…D status and Vin

2016 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

zazu87usf

Reaction score
The original post doesn't list it, but is the Advanced Safety Group gone from the Laramie all together? My salesman says the system won't let him add it.

Reaction score
I guess they don't do the sales department meetings about model year option changes anymore.
I've noticed a trend at auto dealerships where salespeople seem to not know anything about what they are selling. When I was shopping around I was astounded by how little the salespeople actually knew about what they were selling. I felt like I knew more about the trucks from my preliminary research than they did.

Maybe it was just a sign of times because of low inventory, but it actually felt like the salespeople didn't care if I bought a truck or not.

Ram was actually the most helpful and knowledgeable and it's one of the reasons I went with them.

Hasti17

Reaction score
The original post doesn't list it, but is the Advanced Safety Group gone from the Laramie all together? My salesman says the system won't let him add it.
yes. I feel like the original postis good but if this is a resource for order it should be noted that ALL safety Features on any model but limited and the TRX are pretty much gone, Laramie lost BSM And ASG last year but it has not been clearly reported on, many people were able to order these on bighorns/Rebels but im not sure you still can.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's more than just chips that we're short on. There's general shortages too with transportation chain issues as well as a lack of workers.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've noticed a trend at auto dealerships where salespeople seem to not know anything about what they are selling. When I was shopping around I was astounded by how little the salespeople actually knew about what they were selling. I felt like I knew more about the trucks from my preliminary research than they did.

Maybe it was just a sign of times because of low inventory, but it actually felt like the salespeople didn't care if I bought a truck or not.

Ram was actually the most helpful and knowledgeable and it's one of the reasons I went with them.
I was not impressed by sales people and that was 3 years ago. This forum helped me avoid some issues and purchase the lifetime warranty with a few days remaining before it was no longer available.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score

As (we) the consumer buying vehicles, we need to know more about the vehicle than the sales person, especially with the cost of them. When I ordered my Ram last week, I felt my sales guy was happy to help. He never pushed any options or anything, and was straight up with me about the current situation. I think my local CDJR dealer is the best one I've been to. They know the vehicles, and don't try to push you into buying one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online