5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram 1500 horn chirps 2x on lock

bryanb1982

Reaction score
I installed a new Baricade Extreme HD bumper with Led lights today. Now when I lock my truck the horn chirps 2x and when I unlock, the horn chirps once.

Before the install, unlock had no chirp and lock had a single chirp.

Does anybody know what this change in chirp generally means?

For the install, I disconnected the wire harness going to the fog lights on the old bumper. I also disconnected the fin under the bumper and it’s wire (nothing was cut, only disconnected).

The new fog lights are wired directly to the battery terminals with a switch running inside the cab.

Any idea what this could mean?

bryanb1982

Reaction score
Did you disconnect the battery?

I recall that there is a setting in uConnect to have the horn beep on lock/unlock and I'm going to guess it went to default for some reason..... like battery disconnect.
I did disconnect the ground from the battery. I will check the Uconnect. Thank you.

bryanb1982

Reaction score
Did you disconnect the battery?

I recall that there is a setting in uConnect to have the horn beep on lock/unlock and I'm going to guess it went to default for some reason..... like battery disconnect.
That didn’t solve the problem. I also checked the battery in the key fob.

I also notice that the horn chirps once when I turn the engine off.

I looked in Uconnect and there is just an option to set if the horn chirps on first or second click of the lock. This is different. It’s almost like it’s telling me something is wrong.

2 chirps on lock
1 chirp on unlock
1 chirp on turning the engine off
3 chirps on leaving the vehicle on and taking the key fob away.

All of these numbers are 1 higher than before I did my install. Everything is working as expected on my vehicle though. It’s just super annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread