5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Laramie G/T or Limited Night Edition (Which build would you go with?)

Tesla

Reaction score
I currently have a 19 Laramie thats loaded with a lot of options similar to the two 2022 builds I did, other than the 33-gal tank, air suspension, and ram box. I'm thinking about upgrading and getting either the Laramie G/T or Limited. I really like the front end of the Limited and the way the headlights look, but I also like the new G/T package on the Laramie.
Between the two, which build would you pick? Or do I say screw it and spend the additional $15-20k on a TRX order

For those who can't open the PDF

2022 Laramie G/T ($73k sticker)
- 5.7L HEMI V8
-3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
- Electronic Locking Rear Axle
- Flame Red Exterior
- Black Interior
- Power Running-Boards
- RamBox
- 33 Gallon Tank
- 4-Corner Air Suspension
- 12" Display
- Panoramic Roof
- Bed Utility Group
- G/T Package
- Laramie Level B Equipment
- Night Edition

2022 Limited ($71k sticker)
- 5.7L HEMI V8
-3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
- Delmonico Red Pearl-Coat Exterior
- Black Interior
- Tri-Fold Cover
- RamBox
- 33 Gallon Tank
- 12" Display
- Panoramic Roof
- Bed Utility Group
- Night Edition

Attachments

• 22 Laramie G:T.pdf
    371.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 22 Limited.pdf
    372.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Cajun_

Reaction score
trx... if not limited, i would say consider the other color interior but it wont go with the red paint. Drop the trifold for something aftermarket. multifunction tailgate with ramboxes makes it easier to grab things near the cab since you wont be able to reach over the rails as well.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I'm biased somewhat, but I'd go the Limited route. Much nicer interior (real wood, metal trim, and leather) and those headlight's performance is INCREDIBLE. If you've got the means and want the look and insane driving performance then go for the TRX. Just don't forget to bring along the fuel truck. 😛

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie G/T and actually switched to a Limited myself. In the end I wanted the air suspension and, like your two builds, the Limited was actually cheaper or almost the same. You can always add exhaust and intake later and personally I like the rotary dial shifter and the center console storage. The g/t shifter would take that away.

Another thing to note, and not sure if there was any reason behind this, but my Limited was ordered and built within 3 weeks. The Laramie g/t I ordered back in September is still sitting in D mode and hasn’t even been scheduled to be built.

Both are night edition by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lufty

Banned
Reaction score
Another TRX vote! If your truly considering a TRX there is no other option IMO. Now after saying that, the GT package would be my next choice. The GT package checks a lot of the boxes on what I want/need on a truck. Good luck with your decision!

x50

Reaction score
I currently have a 19 Laramie thats loaded with a lot of options similar to the two 2022 builds I did, other than the 33-gal tank, air suspension, and ram box. I'm thinking about upgrading and getting either the Laramie G/T or Limited. I really like the front end of the Limited and the way the headlights look, but I also like the new G/T package on the Laramie.
Between the two, which build would you pick? Or do I say screw it and spend the additional $15-20k on a TRX order

For those who can't open the PDF

2022 Laramie G/T ($73k sticker)
- 5.7L HEMI V8
-3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
- Electronic Locking Rear Axle
- Flame Red Exterior
- Black Interior
- Power Running-Boards
- RamBox
- 33 Gallon Tank
- 12" Display
- Panoramic Roof
- Bed Utility Group
- G/T Package
- Laramie Level B Equipment
- Night Edition

2022 Limited ($71k sticker)
- 5.7L HEMI V8
-3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
- Delmonico Red Pearl-Coat Exterior
- Black Interior
- Tri-Fold Cover
- RamBox
- 33 Gallon Tank
- 12" Display
- Panoramic Roof
- Bed Utility Group
- Night Edition

I believe the GT package forces you to get the E-Torque V8 Hemi. I passed on it because of that and just got the Night Edition Laramie. I do like the GT seats better though.

I'm biased somewhat, but I'd go the Limited route. Much nicer interior (real wood, metal trim, and leather) and those headlight's performance is INCREDIBLE. If you've got the means and want the look and insane driving performance then go for the TRX. Just don't forget to bring along the fuel truck. 😛

I liked the limited projector LED headlights and grill more. I didn't want the air suspension so the Limited was out. I wonder how hard it would be to convert the Laramie over to the projector headlights with the Limited grill.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I recently traded up from a loaded Laramie to a Limited and couldn’t be happier. As others noted the headlights are better and the interior is far superior to the Laramie. For the $2k you’d save on the Limited you could easily add the intake and exhaust. Unless you’re stuck on the console shifter (I prefer the dial shifter) and paddle shifters I’d go with the Limited. Yeah sure, if you can afford another $25-$30k TRX all day long. Good luck with your decision!

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
Side note, if you go limited you might consider adding the anti-spin rear differential. That’s standard on night edition in Laramie, but not on the Limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesla

Reaction score
I recently traded up from a loaded Laramie to a Limited and couldn’t be happier. As others noted the headlights are better and the interior is far superior to the Laramie. For the $2k you’d save on the Limited you could easily add the intake and exhaust. Unless you’re stuck on the console shifter (I prefer the dial shifter) and paddle shifters I’d go with the Limited. Yeah sure, if you can afford another $25-$30k TRX all day long. Good luck with your decision!

According to the Ram builder it would be about $11k more than the Laramie for the TRX I spec’d but I was told that some dealers still throw markups on it even if it’s a custom order. Not sure how true that is though

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
like someone else said....those HEADLIGHTS!.. they are unreal and would be a must-have for me. I would get the Limited just for those alone.

Jsvt3

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have paddle shifters in my S4 and I use them frequently, honestly can’t imagine using them in my truck though. I also prefer the rotary shifter after getting used to it over 3 trucks. I’d go Limited unless the TRX is calling your name!

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to the Ram builder it would be about $11k more than the Laramie for the TRX I spec’d but I was told that some dealers still throw markups on it even if it’s a custom order. Not sure how true that is though

Selcher

Reaction score
Test drove a Laramie Sport GT and the paddle shifters, console shifter, ram air intake and Mopar Exhaust are all pretty cool but then I seen a limited and that was it. Pure luxury inside and the lights... So bright and they look amazing.

I vote for the Limited hands down unless you're going TRX then yeah.

yup ram

Reaction score
I just made this very decision a few weeks ago, and contrary to what everyone else is suggesting, I went the Laramie route.

I really prefer the console shifter and the Laramie Night Edition wheels. I test drove a 2019 limited and honestly didn't much care for the look and feel of the wood in the interior. I also like simplicity, and the fact that the Laramie GT already comes with upgraded intake/exhaust also meant that was less i needed to purchase and install later.

Never once considered the TRX as that is way more truck than i need. I don't anticipate spending much time off-road with this truck so i prefer the more street friendly options in the Laramie/Limited. Plus the Laramie will fit in my garage better. :)

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm voting for the Limited. I had a 2020 Laramie for 18 months, and it didn't compare with the Limited for interior luxury. I like the idea of the GT, but I can upgrade my Limited exhaust, and have already swapped the wheels out. The console shifter just takes up valuable console space, and I prefer the knob because of that. Since my Limited is a Night Edition, it has the sport hood. And as others have said, the headlights are much better on the Limited.

chris288

Reaction score
had the center console shifter in my 09 and loved it, got the dial in my 15 and hated it, when the GT package came i was excited to order a Rebel with the shifter, ended up skipping the gt package because the shifter ruins the center console, i guess the knob has grown on me... went with the night edition rebel over the laramie. debated on the 6'4" laramie with org but they started removing options on the laramie that i could only get on the limited or rebel, might seem petty but i hate the little ram badge on the tailgate of the laramie, RAM spelled out on the Rebel looks so much better IMO

truckless

Reaction score
I was tempted to go the Laramie route. Then I thought about it and the only thing I would want from the GT is the paddles. Exhaust, CAI can be had after the fact. The fake stick... Is just a cosmetic thing that takes away the functionality of the console. The factoring in the last 4 of my trucks have been Limiteds.... It would fee like a step back and making the sacrifices for paddles.... That I would only likely use on the Coquihalla (which is now in shambles :() just wasn't justifiable.

So going the Limited route and GTing it up... If I ever see her.

NavyChief

Reaction score
TRX all the way if you’ve got the means. Laramie GT would be awesome too.
Limited and Longhorn are awesome trims (I owned a Longhorn 4th gen) I just can’t do those tapered headlights on the front ends. It reminds me of the decision they made with the 06-08 headlights. I hated that look but a lot of people love it. I did buy an 06 new though lol.

Users who are viewing this thread