5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Chevy Silverado Leaked Interior and Trim

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know this information has been flying around for quite awhile now, but this is the first video that I actually have seen on it. That interior is light years better than the previous generation but I think I still like my Ram more (IDK maybe because it’s mine and I'm just biased 😄) Either way, it’s very exciting to see what GM has done here. It was long overdue!

Last edited:

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm a big fan of this update. I'm glad I didn't put my Ram order in because this may sway be back to GM. These won't be on sale until Spring which is fine because I may be moving, and won't be buying until at least then if so. Lots of time to decide and see how production of both trucks goes.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm a big fan of this update. I'm glad I didn't put my Ram order in because this may sway be back to GM. These won't be on sale until Spring which is fine because I may be moving, and won't be buying until at least then if so. Lots of time to decide and see how production of both trucks goes.
Totally agree. I had two Sierra Denali’s in my past with the 6.2L and they we’re awesome and totally trouble free. The only reason I first bought my RAM was because of the GM interior. That has now been resolved. Excited to see the Toyota and the the new GM trucks.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Totally agree. I had two Sierra Denali’s in my past with the 6.2L and they we’re awesome and totally trouble free. The only reason I first bought my RAM was because of the GM interior. That has now been resolved. Excited to see the Toyota and the the new GM trucks.
The 6.2 was the hardest part of giving up my 2020 RST. That engine with the 10spd is a magical combo. I'm ready to go back, I think.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In all honestly, I really wanted a Trail Boss before deciding on the Ram. I couldn’t do it because of the interior. That was really the only thing that held me back. I just bought my Ram in May of this year, so I’ll be rolling around in it for quite some time assuming it doesn’t give me any trouble. I really do like the updates that GM has made here and I think it will do extremely well. I know pricing isn’t announced on that ZR2 yet and I’m curious what the cost would be as the truck is shown in the video. I agree with Grimreefer on the grill, but that is one bada** looking truck otherwise!

Last edited:

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
In all honestly, I really wanted a Trail Boss before deciding on the Ram. I couldn’t do it because of the interior. That was really the only thing that held me back. I just bought my Ram in May of this year, so I’ll be rolling around in it for quite some time assuming it doesn’t give me any trouble. I really do like the updates that GM has made here and I think it will do extremely well. I know pricing isn’t announced on that ZR2 yet and I’m curious what the cost would be as shown in the video. I agree with Grimreefer on the grill, but that is one bada** looking truck!
My guess is the ZR2 will come in at High Country prices or above. And I'm sure the dealer markup will be silly depending on how the chip shortage is by April or May when these start rolling out. I've never intended to spend that much on a truck but it's tempting...

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm the opposite, I was waiting for the refresh on these trucks before I bought my truck. I'm actually glad I didn't, I don't like the new interiors at all. 😬 I'm sticking to Ram for another 5-6 years then going to see what's out there.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, but I’m still not a fan of the exterior. The front fascia remains…odd looking. A big part of it is the DRLs; they’d look better wrapped around the headlights instead of these squiggles underneath them.

Previous generation Chevies had a conservative, maybe even boring, but tasteful exterior. With this generation (this appears to be a continuation of the 2019+ generation), they went in a different direction, and in my mind, it didn’t work out.

That said, the interior does appear to be much improved, I’m jealous of Super Cruise, and the ZR2 has some interesting tech that Ram could draw from for the next Rebel.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I don't care for the Chevy version's exterior, but I'm looking forward to seeing the GMC version.

I personally think the Denali has the best looking exterior of any of the half tons, it's the current interior that was a hard pass for me when I was browsing earlier this year.

I'm up for a new truck in the spring, so I'll likely cross shop the Denali if it's out by then, but losing the pano roof would be a hard sell for the kiddos.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not a fan of the interior update either. I don’t need or want a fully digital gauge cluster and I don’t like the long rectangle infotainment screen. And the console mounted shifter just wastes space.

that being said it was a long time coming. My 2021 Silverado 3500 has that horrible outdated interior that everybody complains about. Funny thing is I like it just fine. It’s not as nice as my 5th gen rams were but I kind of like the simplicity of it.

I thing the ZR2 is bad *** looking

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Interesting comments above. I am not a fan of the Chevy, but I am a BIG fan of the GMC AT4. I am looking forward to see what GMC does with the AT4 and the Denali. I have had two Sierra Denali's in the past, but I am no longer a fan of all that chrome and like things either painted or blacked out. Now, being a techy, my next truck will only have a digital instrument cluster (I don't think RAM is far behind and would be very surprised if it's not offered in the 2023). I like the high resolution screens and the ability to configure them the way I want. I was introduced to this in my 2017 Audi with the Digital ****pit and loved it. I am not planning to purchase until the 2023 MY come out and allow this chip shortage to pass by and then have dealers wheeling and dealing again. I am not paying MSRP for anything, nor do I pay invoice either. GM makes a great truck and, like RAM, they have issues too. I do like the body better on the GMC compared to the RAM, but my RAM did grow on me and, at the time of purchase, no other manufacturer could compete...until now!

Last edited:

976-HIKE

Reaction score
I don’t like GMs in general, but I’ll give credit where it’s due. The interior improvements are enormous, a generational leap (or two generations, considering how behind they were). They also cleaned up the biggest problem with the exterior, the bottom half of the front end where the front side quarter panels met the bumper... although they couldn’t have made it worse.

The suspension upgrade in the ZR2 looks like a huge improvement over the Ranchos in the Trail Boss. And now it has a front locker. No downsides there.

I wouldn’t pass a Rebel over for a ZR2, but at least Chevy made significant improvements. It‘ll help keep Ram and Ford moving forward.

I don’t know why the bowtie isn’t vertically centered, or at least closer to center. It looks straight up erroneous where it is. Also, gloss bumper paint and chrome badging need to be subdued for their flagship off-road trim.

976-HIKE

Reaction score
Three question marks seems like a lot of excitement for a pretty reasonable critique of the grill design. Have you ever seen any vehicle, truck or otherwise, with the front emblem that far from vertical center?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My big dilemma is that, by the time I am ready to buy again in the spring of 2023 to let things calm back down and get past the chip shortage and inventory issues, I will have well over $6000 on my GMC Credit Card in Reward Points. I had great success with two prior GMC Sierra Denali's, so I have no issues going to back to GM once they fix the interior issues which, it appears, they have done and done well, but seeing in person is believing. I will need to use my Reward Points so they don't get burned and getting another $6000 off my already best deal could be very significant and sway me back to GM. When I was looking at a loaded AT4 in 2019, before I decided on the RAM Limited instead based on the interior alone, the MSRP was over $65K. With the discounts they were giving and my Reward Points, I was down to $44K plus TTT. I still choose to pay over $60K for the RAM because I could not stand looking at the GM interior knowing it was the same dash in a $25K Chevy pickup. I am excited to see the September 19 release of the Toyota, as well as both the Chevy Silverado ZR2 and the GMC AT4. So many nice, new opportunities that it may be very hard to chose a truck in 2022-2023. In addition, the new Rivian pickup is getting AMAZING reviews everywhere you look. It is fully electric, and I am not sure I am willing to jump into that puddle yet; however, it does prove that electric can be done right and be an off-road menace and fully capable to do what most folks will ever need.

I hope RAM keeps up the great work and can retain me as a customer, but with all of the manufacturers stepping up big time, the decisions will be getting harder and harder IMPO.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
My big dilemma is that, by the time I am ready to buy again in the spring of 2023 to let things calm back down and get past the chip shortage and inventory issues, I will have well over $6000 on my GMC Credit Card in Reward Points. I had great success with two prior GMC Sierra Denali's, so I have no issues going to back to GM once they fix the interior issues which, it appears, they have done and done well, but seeing in person is believing. I will need to use my Reward Points so they don't get burned and getting another $6000 off my already best deal could be very significant and sway me back to GM. When I was looking at a loaded AT4 in 2019, before I decided on the RAM Limited instead based on the interior alone, the MSRP was over $65K. With the discounts they were giving and my Reward Points, I was down to $44K plus TTT. I still choose to pay over $60K for the RAM because I could not stand looking at the GM interior knowing it was the same dash in a $25K Chevy pickup. I am excited to see the September 19 release of the Toyota, as well as both the Chevy Silverado ZR2 and the GMC AT4. So many nice, new opportunities that it may be very hard to chose a truck in 2022-2023. In addition, the new Rivian pickup is getting AMAZING reviews everywhere you look. It is fully electric, and I am not sure I am willing to jump into that puddle yet; however, it does prove that electric can be done right and be an off-road menace and fully capable to do what most folks will ever need.

I hope RAM keeps up the great work and can retain me as a customer, but with all of the manufacturers stepping up big time, the decisions will be getting harder and harder IMPO.
First world problems... 😁

Gotta admit that if Ford and GM had stepped up earlier the Ram might not have been such a slam dunk... but I'm reasonably sure that the Ram would still be in my driveway since they still offer the options that I like that are unavailable on the others. The Yota and Nissan still wouldn't even be in the equation, though... ugh 🤢 ...and since I usually keep trucks for awhile, battery tech has a LOOOOOONG way to go before I could even consider an electric. Sure would like to see hydrogen development more at the forefront.

Users who are viewing this thread