5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 1500 Etourque battery and chexk engine light.

JWWallace

Reaction score
Have a 2022 ram 1500 hemi etourque. 1100 miles today the battery light came on when stopped and check engine light came on. Drove a bit parked turned truck off and started back battery light went off check engine stayed on. It did this twice today so far. Any clues to what it could be?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you always turn the Auto Start/Stop off while driving? I believe I read somewhere the system does a better job charging the batteries with it on. I also suggest checking all connections and grounds under the hood, and make sure all fuses are fully seated. Short of that, sounds like a dealer trip is in your future. Bummer.

JWWallace

Reaction score
Do you always turn the Auto Start/Stop off while driving? I believe I read somewhere the system does a better job charging the batteries with it on. I also suggest checking all connections and grounds under the hood, and make sure all fuses are fully seated. Short of that, sounds like a dealer trip is in your future. Bummer.
No, I leave auto start stop on. It doesn't always kick on though at stops.

HemiDude

Reaction score
No, I leave auto start stop on. It doesn't always kick on though at stops.
Mine doesn't begin kicking on/off until after the cabin cools down to whatever I set the a/c to. If you watch your battery gauge, what is it reading?

JWWallace

Reaction score
Mine doesn't begin kicking on/off until after the cabin cools down to whatever I set the a/c to. If you watch your battery gauge, what is it reading?
The battery guage bottomed out yesterday, truck barely started. Guess the charging system is out of commission. It read far on the low side while driving it.

HemiDude

Reaction score
The battery guage bottomed out yesterday, truck barely started. Guess the charging system is out of commission. It read far on the low side while driving it.
Ouch. Let us know what the dealer tells you

JWWallace

Reaction score
So trucks still in the shop, Battery Charging Control Module is the issue. They have been waiting for a week for Ram to approve the part to be ordered. They say it's a restricted part.

HemiDude

Reaction score
So trucks still in the shop, Battery Charging Control Module is the issue. They have been waiting for a week for Ram to approve the part to be ordered. They say it's a restricted part.
Restricted from who, customers? Hopefully they expedite it for you today

KurtLaf

Reaction score
I work in the aerospace industry. It's been my experience that when a part is restricted these days, it's because it's heavily impacted by supply chain issues. Just about every manufacturing company out there prioritizes new sales over spare parts. Ram needs to release a new part for use in warranty. This may delay a new truck delivery.

My 2 cents

SnyderRD

Reaction score
I recently had my battery charging control module replaced at 6 months, 5100 miles. Similar indications where the battery warning light came on, followed by the check engine light. It took 9-10 days to receive the restricted part and get the repair done. So far so good.

stephcr07

Reaction score
Did you guys have the check engine light go on and off all the time? I am having the same issue with my 2022 and every time I take it to the dealership, the light is off and the codes are stored so they can't do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread