5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Trailer Tow Group Mirrors

grnmchn

Reaction score
Greetings everyone, my first post on this forum.

I currently have a 4th Gen Ignition Orange Sport Package truck. I want to order a 5th gen Laramie Sport Package truck. I want the body color mirrors that come in the sport package. The new trailer tow group has some good features and figure it could be a good upgrade. The problem is that it makes no mention of mirrors. One website mentioned that it would come with black mirrors even if you do not add the tow mirrors. If anyone has seen a sport with the 2021 tow group and could confirm this information, it would be great!

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t believe 2021s have hit dealer lots yet, so there would be no way to confirm.

That being said, I would think that you’d still get the body-colored standard mirrors, since the new towing package doesn’t automatically come with the trailer tow mirrors. If you were to add the trailer tow mirrors, then you’d be getting the black plastic mirrors even with the sport package.

grnmchn

Reaction score
While I agree with you, there is good merit to the fact that they could be just black. The mirror would need to have the built-in camera and they may have only done those in black and not retro-fitted it to the standard mirrors. It would be great if someone with direct knowledge could chime in here.

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don’t think there will be anyone with direct knowledge quite yet. As I said, 2021s haven’t even hit lots yet. Not even sure if they’ve started shipping them from the factory...so the confirmation you seek might take a while. Unless Ram updates their website to showcase the 2021s...

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to this Ram document, the 2021 Laramie with the Sport Package will come with body-color mirror caps.

Attachments

• 2021_RAM_1500_FA 3.pdf
    193.1 KB · Views: 10

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All I was trying to point out is that I would imagine that would override any other option, thus giving you the painter mirror caps, even with the new tow package (without tow mirrors). In all the history of the Ram sport package, they have always had body-colored mirrors...unless they had the tow mirrors. I don’t see why Ram would change this in 2021...even with a new package.

Since I know this won’t satisfy you, why don’t you send an email to Ram? Try to get an answer from the manufacturer. You’re seeking an answer, that unfortunately, the members on this board won’t be able to answer given the reasons I’ve already mentioned. With all respect to the members on this board, because we have a lot of knowledgeable people here, we gather and are able to provide info based on the vehicles we own (have in possession) and/or the bits and pieces of information that are out there. Unfortunately, Ram isn’t the quickest manufacturer to release information on new products, so until that information is officially released, we are stuck relying on information from other non-official websites, which may or may not be completely accurate.

All I can suggest to you is to a) email Ram or b) wait until 2021s start being delivered. Perhaps at that time members would be able to provide you with the answer you’re looking for.

grnmchn

Reaction score
Thank you for the great speech and posting your opinion on a thread for which you have no knowledge but if we could now hear from someone with direct knowledge, it would be great for them to chime in now. The question is and some data seems to suggest this is true: if you get the sport package and get the new 2021 tow package, do you lose the body colored mirrors for black ones that have the built-in cameras or do they stay body colored?

Last edited:

BRATguy1500DT

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread