5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram w/ ORP - Lift Check

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Note: I've read probably every lift/level thread using site search and google search. Truck is about 10 weeks out and since I'm OCD, I'm trying to build a pile of parts for it.

I do not off road much, will be used on campgrounds occasionally. Mostly daily driver/commuting.

I'm looking for some guidance on my planned lift. I feel that it is mostly suspension (limited spacer lift) and budget friendly but would appreciate assistance in my numbers for my desired lift. Also any glaring issues with ride quality or improvement possibilities. Trying to get some 35x12.5 bolted up afterwards.

My plan:
Front:
Bilstein 5100 in front on setting 5 with ORP springs (Does 6112 provide any real benefit?)
.5" lift spacer (WULF or Motofab)
Mopar Lift UCA

This gives me about 3.5" of lift if I'm doing math correctly. 1" ORP, 2" Bilstein, .5" spacer.

Rear:
This is my area of ignorance and where I need assistance. I'm looking for which of these is needed for perfect level, no rake and no Cali lean.
ORP rear spring and Supreme Suspension 1.5" rear spacer OR
Icon rear spring 1.5" OR
Gladiator rear lift spring 2.5"
Do I need 5100s in rear or will OEM 4600 suffice?

Appreciate all of the info!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be a little concerned on the front suspension geometry with a 3.5" lift. Maxing the bilsteins out and adding a .5" spacer may result in some less than ideal CV angles. Possible you won't have the best UCA angles either with the mopar arms as those were design for just a 2" lift. If you want to go with 3.5" of lift in the front the rough country UCA's may be a better choice. As for the rear I think 5100's can only accommodate 0-2" of lift so with the factory 1" from the coils you should only put a 1" block or spacer in the rear.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
I would be a little concerned on the front suspension geometry with a 3.5" lift. Maxing the bilsteins out and adding a .5" spacer may result in some less than ideal CV angles. Possible you won't have the best UCA angles either with the mopar arms as those were design for just a 2" lift. If you want to go with 3.5" of lift in the front the rough country UCA's may be a better choice. As for the rear I think 5100's can only accommodate 0-2" of lift so with the factory 1" from the coils you should only put a 1" block or spacer in the rear.

This is great info, thank you.

In your opinion, with the 5100s up front and spacer, would the ride be better than a RL/RC 3.5"? I think RL uses spacers and RC uses struts with their own springs and shocks/spacer in rear, if Im not mistaken.

Also, you are saying the 4600s factory on ORP would not suffice any lift over factory 1" and I would need at least 5100s in rear with max 1" added height over ORP?

Would the lift I suggested originally with a better UCA and 1" spacer in rear sit level?

Thanks much for your time!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is great info, thank you.

In your opinion, with the 5100s up front and spacer, would the ride be better than a RL/RC 3.5"? I think RL uses spacers and RC uses struts with their own springs and shocks/spacer in rear, if Im not mistaken.

Also, you are saying the 4600s factory on ORP would not suffice any lift over factory 1" and I would need at least 5100s in rear with max 1" added height over ORP?

Would the lift I suggested originally with a better UCA and 1" spacer in rear sit level?

Thanks much for your time!
I can't compare the ride quality between those two but I think they would ride fairly similiar when looking at the RC/RL kits. I have heard that the RL kit is not the smoothest riding and some people later regret installing it. I am not too sure how much lift the OEM 4600s would accomodate but I know the 5100's can only handle 2" of lift max so the factory 1" and a 1" spacer would be about it for the rear. It seems that for ORP vehicles with bilsteins set to #5 in front they sit right at about level with some being slightly nose high. That would make me think you would retain 1/4 to 1/2" of rake with your lift idea. Seems like the more than I look into this the more I see that you should not be going above 3" of lift. So adding a spacer on top of the bilsteins doesn't seem like a good idea. I would reach out to bilstein to confirm if you can or cannot add a .5" spacer.

Last edited:

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Thanks z0n3,

Appreciate all the help. I will rethink my options.

The .5” is not necessary if things will break.

This is probably why this setup is not seen on the forum. I’ll omit the .5” or rethink splurging on the RC 3.5” lift.

I believe the RC 3.5 uses its own springs up front. Do you know if I’d use ORP springs in rear or would I have more rake. I’m sure this will show up in a search on forum.

Thanks again.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks z0n3,

Appreciate all the help. I will rethink my options.

The .5” is not necessary if things will break.

This is probably why this setup is not seen on the forum. I’ll omit the .5” or rethink splurging on the RC 3.5” lift.

I believe the RC 3.5 uses its own springs up front. Do you know if I’d use ORP springs in rear or would I have more rake. I’m sure this will show up in a search on forum.

Thanks again.
With a 3.5” lift in front the kit should include something for the rear to make it level otherwise you’d definitely be nose high!

Highertechnology

Reaction score
With a 3.5” lift in front the kit should include something for the rear to make it level otherwise you’d definitely be nose high!

Now that I’m looking I’m seeing a lot of owners having a issues with rough country ride and quality.

With the ready lift 3.5 kit recently been discounted, could I pair that along with some 5100s in front and throwing out the top hat spacer. Would that satisfy my UCA issues and get me two 3 1/2 inches with improved ride? This combo could now be had for < $1k.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Now that I’m looking I’m seeing a lot of owners having a issues with rough country ride and quality.

With the ready lift 3.5 kit recently been discounted, could I pair that along with some 5100s in front and throwing out the top hat spacer. Would that satisfy my UCA issues and get me two 3 1/2 inches with improved ride? This combo could now be had for < $1k.
You would only net 3” of lift from that bilsteins on your ORP truck if you toss the rest of the ready lift kit out. I think that it what I would do. I am planning on a 2” level in front of my ORP truck with some RL or RC UCAs. Then I was going to see what rake was left and if it was nose high I’d throw a spacer in the rear or drop the Bilsteins down to setting #4.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
You would only net 3” of lift from that bilsteins on your ORP truck if you toss the rest of the ready lift kit out. I think that it what I would do. I am planning on a 2” level in front of my ORP truck with some RL or RC UCAs. Then I was going to see what rake was left and if it was nose high I’d throw a spacer in the rear or drop the Bilsteins down to setting #4.

Thanks z0n3.

You’re a legend. Appreciate all the info.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Great knowledge. Thanks.

Would this cause ride issues or just food for though?
I would recommend the 6100 series Bilstein's if you can for the front and back if you are going to add 35" tires. Generally that takes you up a load rating in tires. Which will stiffen up your ride quite a bit and the 6100s will ride smoother than the 5100s which are a very small upgrade over stock. Also the 6100s come with linear rate springs, so compressing it with the adjustable Bilstein shocks will not change the ride quality like the factory progressive springs will with 5100s.
5100s maxed out with ORP/Rebel springs and 35s makes for a rather harsh ride on road and off.

JbVt

Reaction score
This is what I’ve been planning on doing. 5100s at #4 or #5, RC UCA, and 5100 rears and maybe 1” rear spacer to keep a little rake for towing. Just need to pull the trigger. Planning 35x11.50 on my night edition 20s.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
I would recommend the 6100 series Bilstein's if you can for the front and back if you are going to add 35" tires. Generally that takes you up a load rating in tires. Which will stiffen up your ride quite a bit and the 6100s will ride smoother than the 5100s which are a very small upgrade over stock. Also the 6100s come with linear rate springs, so compressing it with the adjustable Bilstein shocks will not change the ride quality like the factory progressive springs will with 5100s.
5100s maxed out with ORP/Rebel springs and 35s makes for a rather harsh ride on road and off.

Awesome. This is great advice.

Do you think this setup would bode better than the RC 3.5 kit with the N3 struts and v2 shocks. Pushing the same price.

And are you referring to 6112s?

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is what I’ve been planning on doing. 5100s at #4 or #5, RC UCA, and 5100 rears and maybe 1” rear spacer to keep a little rake for towing. Just need to pull the trigger. Planning 35x11.50 on my night edition 20s.
I haven’t done much research on the spacer for the rear. What have you seen for those so far?? Any rear spacers that you’ve found? I think the RC UCAs you need to have 3” of lift minimum so I’d have to stick to setting #5 up front and see how the rake turns out.

JbVt

Reaction score
I haven’t done much research on the spacer for the rear. What have you seen for those so far?? Any rear spacers that you’ve found? I think the RC UCAs you need to have 3” of lift minimum so I’d have to stick to setting #5 up front and see how the rake turns out.
Motofab has a few different size rear spacers. All billet, seem good quality. A lot of guys are running their front spacers for level/lifts in the front also. I’d rather get the bils and try to keep my ride smooth as possible. I have ORG so guess #5 is it for the RC ucas also.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Awesome. This is great advice.

Do you think this setup would bode better than the RC 3.5 kit with the N3 struts and v2 shocks. Pushing the same price.

And are you referring to 6112s?
Yes, while RC has gotten better the last few years they still haven't gotten to the quality of Bilstein.

Yup, the 6112s are in the 6100 series of Bilsteins.

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I’m also looking for some help on this topic. I order Bilstein 6112 for upfront and 5160 for the rear. My truck is a “Build to Serve” with a factory ORP and wildpeak 32.5ish inch tires. My truck measures 22 inch from the center of the wheel to the
Fender.
The problem***I only have 3.5 inch before my shark fin hit the garage door frame up top 🥺🥺.

If I run the 6112 on level #7, which is 1.6 inch lift. Does that equal 2.6 with the factory 1 inch ORP?

If I run in on level #8, which is 2.0 inch lift. Does that equal 3.0 inch lift?

My goal is to get 33x12.5r22 on my truck and still get in the garage. I know this was long and wordy. Just looking for some help on what level I can run and stay out of the snow lol.

ANYHEMI

Reaction score
The ORP springs give you the additional 1" in height. When you buy the 6112's a new regular height spring is included, so when you use the new spring the 1" from the ORP is no more. So whatever height you set the 6112's to will be the overall height you gain. 2" on the 6112 is 2" regardless of ORP, BTS, or Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread