5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram Rebel Suspension change. Issues as a result.

Bcford18

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Looking for advice. I recently switched the oem suspension on the Rebel to the eibach pro truck stage 2 coilover kit. And changed the oem wheels to Method MR318s.

As a result I feel like I may need spacers because the tire seems to be a little too close (in my no. Professional opinion). Can anyone advise the best workaround? I’m thinking if all I need is spacers should I get 1/4 or 1/2?

Does look a little close from the pics.

I like to have a finger width space between tire and UCA.

That said the top of tire doesn’t really change geometry or position much. Unless your ball joints are shot, or your tire develops a bulge.
You could just run it a while and keep an eye out for wear/marking on the UCA and inner tire.

Are these 12.5” wide tires?

So a few options:

- Can you return the tires by chance for an 11.5” wide?

- Can you exchange the wheels by chance for wheels with a greater (more negative number) offset?

- Wheel hub spacer. Looks like a 1/4” will do. That said opinions on spacers run the gamut and mine is to stay away from them. But if you go that route simply a) check torque on lugs more frequently, and b) know that many tire shops won’t touch your vehicle if it runs them.

Also if you are running a 18” wheel be diligent about testing clearance of the brake calipers if you use a spacer. Some have little valleys that only just clear, but will cause an issue if you push out the wheel with a spacer. You may also need to move the wheel weights to clear brakes.

What offset did you get on the Methods. This should have been your first thought when you bought new wheels. Can you return them and get a better offset? This is me on -12 and I air down below 20psi pretty regularly.
Fox1.jpg

Last edited:
When in doubt small spacer since you’ve mounted the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That tire does seem awfully close to the UCA. Might want to keep an eye on it. Not sure if you off-road, but with low PSI it might make contact.

As an example, here is a photo of mine with about 1-3/8" clearance between the UCA and tire. Wheels are 18x9.5 with -18mm offset, tires are 12.5" wide, and it's an aftermarket UCA.

IMG_1256.JPG

What offset did you get on the Methods. This should have been your first thought when you bought new wheels. Can you return them and get a better offset? This is me on -12 and I air down below 20psi pretty regularly.
View attachment 189969
Thanks for the pic. I feel like that’s what I want. I got +18 offset

Does look a little close from the pics.

I like to have a finger width space between tire and UCA.

That said the top of tire doesn’t really change geometry or position much. Unless your ball joints are shot, or your tire develops a bulge.
You could just run it a while and keep an eye out for wear/marking on the UCA and inner tire.

Are these 12.5” wide tires?

So a few options:

- Can you return the tires by chance for an 11.5” wide?

- Can you exchange the wheels by chance for wheels with a greater (more negative number) offset?

- Wheel hub spacer. Looks like a 1/4” will do. That said opinions on spacers run the gamut and mine is to stay away from them. But if you go that route simply a) check torque on lugs more frequently, and b) know that many tire shops won’t touch your vehicle if it runs them.

Also if you are running a 18” wheel be diligent about testing clearance of the brake calipers if you use a spacer. Some have little valleys that only just clear, but will cause an issue if you push out the wheel with a spacer. You may also need to move the wheel weights to clear brakes.
I can return the wheels. They are 18x9 wheels. Tires were stock Goodyears that came with truck.
Was thinking g of doing the 1/4 spacer but may just exchange for different wheels.

Thanks for the pic. I feel like that’s what I want. I got +18 offset
Yeah. That's stock offset dude. If you don't off road you're probably gonna be fine. Just keep the pressure up. If you are gonna off road or have reason to air down you should get some spacers or get -12 offset on your new wheels.

Yeah. That's stock offset dude. If you don't off road you're probably gonna be fine. Just keep the pressure up. If you are gonna off road or have reason to air down you should get some spacers or get -12 offset on your new wheels.
You think 1/4 is good enough space?

You think 1/4 is good enough space?

If you ever plan to run “35s” the typically run 12.5” wide, or ~1 3/4” wider than stock. You’d need to account for at least half of that, and @h20man’s recommendation of -12 would move you out just over a much from where your +18 wheel is today, so would be a good recommendation.

If you won’t ever go that wide then a 0mm offset would be good - it would move you out about 3/4” and should accommodate 11.5” wide tires, as well as the 11” tires you have on there now.

I am satisfied with my 0 mm offset, plenty of uca clearance and puts the tires, wheels just outside flush with the truck. 35 x 11.5

return the wheels and get -12mm or 4.5" backspacing.
there's no point going aftermarket wheels and run spacers. that's just backwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back