5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram 1500 Laramie vs 2021 GMC Sierra Denali

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys!
So after 35K Miles on my 2019 Bighorn, and with it being at the shop waiting for a new 48V eTorque battery pack, I think it's time to move on.(the battery pack brain died supposedly after the main battery died and i tried to jump-start it and fried the module)
Thank god i still have 1k miles of warranty.

Thinking of the 2021 Sierra Denali. Did any of you check them? What do you guys think about them?
I'm kind of done with all the small things i've had with the RAM, It was a great truck overall and the best "car" i've ever owned, but i hate that there are small things that i just need to "live with".
I was never a fanboy and always bought what i liked the most, I had a 2016 Ford Explorer, 2017 Silverado LTZ and then got the RAM. So i don't really care about the brand, I care about the product.
Ford, RAM or GMC? what are your thoughts?
I love the exterior look of the Denali, But the inside is... meh... I guess i can live with that if it's a better truck.
I also like the new 2021 F150... I might check it too...

Anyway, Just looking for some input on other trucks that you guys have tried...
TIA,
Manny.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys!
So after 35K Miles on my 2019 Bighorn, and with it being at the shop waiting for a new 48V eTorque battery pack, I think it's time to move on.(the battery pack brain died supposedly after the main battery died and i tried to jump-start it and fried the module)

Thinking of the 2021 Sierra Denali. Did any of you check them? What do you guys think about them?
I'm kind of done with all the small things i've had with the RAM, It was a great truck overall and the best "car" i've ever owned, but i hate that there are small things that i just need to "live with".
I was never a fanboy and always bought what i liked the most, I had a 2016 Ford Explorer, 2017 Silverado LTZ and then got the RAM. So i don't really care about the brand, I care about the product.
I love the exterior look of the Denali, But the inside is... meh... I guess i can live with that if it's a better truck.

TIA,
Manny.

It will still have a leaking rear window....the grass is definitely not greener over there. Why not trade in on a new ram and fresh warranty and still enjoy the best truck out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldawg23

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie without the etorque and love it. For me it’s between Ram and the new F-150. I’ve had a lot of issues with Chevy in the past and their interior, as you said, is meh. Interior is a big deciding factor for me because I spend a lot of time in my truck and Chevy is way behind in that regard. That’s just my opinion on it though!

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
It will still have a leaking rear window....the grass is definitely not greener over there. Why not trade in on a new ram and fresh warranty and still enjoy the best truck out there.

Definitely thinking about that! I know with RAM i will get the best deal also...
Why are there so many options?? I HATE IT! :D

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you like your Limited? Would you buy it again?

Love it. The only issue I have is I’ve had the rear window frame crack twice but otherwise it’s flawless. I can from a Mercedes E class and the truck is by far better! Would do it all over again.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Love it. The only issue I have is I’ve had the rear window frame crack twice but otherwise it’s flawless. I can from a Mercedes E class and the truck is by far better! Would do it all over again.

That's great to hear man!
I have a cracked rear window but it never leaked so i let it be lol...
I love my truck too, but i think it's time to move to a new one and i thought i might get a different brand, See if i like it better.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's great to hear man!
I have a cracked rear window but it never leaked so i let it be lol...
I love my truck too, but i think it's time to move to a new one and i thought i might get a different brand, See if i like it better.

Maybe the new ford. But I’d avoid the Chevy. Plus remember the new ford will be bug ridden worse than the ram. Ford has had a hard time with launches Get another ram but simplify. Avoid the weird stuff like e torque etc. seems like it’s just something you don’t need that will most likely cause problems during its lifetime.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe the new ford. But I’d avoid the Chevy. Plus remember the new ford will be bug ridden worse than the ram. Ford has had a hard time with launches Get another ram but simplify. Avoid the weird stuff like e torque etc. seems like it’s just something you don’t need that will most likely cause problems during its lifetime.

That's the thing, I've never had any issues with eTorque. This is the first time, and by the look of it, i caused it... I don't know how you can fry a module by Jump-starting the engine, but that's what the dealer said.

Thanks for all the great replies!

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the thing, I've never had any issues with eTorque. This is the first time, and by the look of it, i caused it... I don't know how you can fry a module by Jump-starting the engine, but that's what the dealer said.

Thanks for all the great replies!

Never heard of that happening.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
35k on my almost 2 years old Limited. Thought about selling it because used car prices are so strong right now, but simply can’t do it. I know I will not be satisfied with whatever I replaced it with. It’s been one of the best trucks I’ve ever owned, and I’m no fan boy either. Previous 2 trucks were Raptors, one of each generation. This Limited relaxes me every time I climb into it.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
35k on my almost 2 years old Limited. Thought about selling it because used car prices are so strong right now, but simply can’t do it. I know I will not be satisfied with whatever I replaced it with. It’s been one of the best trucks I’ve ever owned, and I’m no fan boy either. Previous 2 trucks were Raptors, one of each generation. This Limited relaxes me every time I climb into it.
Thanks man! I'm sure if i owned a Limited i'd never want to sell it... I have the big screen and some other nice stuff but the Limited is better at a whole different level!
I'll visit the dealership as soon as the new 2021's arrives, I'll probably go with a new Ram.

I have a 2020 Laramie without the etorque and love it. For me it’s between Ram and the new F-150. I’ve had a lot of issues with Chevy in the past and their interior, as you said, is meh. Interior is a big deciding factor for me because I spend a lot of time in my truck and Chevy is way behind in that regard. That’s just my opinion on it though!
Thank you! I agree with you on the chevy and i think that the F150 would probably turn out to be the better truck...

Polo08816

Reaction score
Until GM revises their 1/2 ton trucks with a better interior and allow a 30+ gallon tank option, I'm not considering it.

It'll be between the 2021 Ram 1500 Limited or 2021 F150 Platinum.

I usually like to give FCA 2-3 years from the introduction to figure out the small issues.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Until GM revises their 1/2 ton trucks with a better interior and allow a 30+ gallon tank option, I'm not considering it.

It'll be between the 2021 Ram 1500 Limited or 2021 F150 Platinum.

I usually like to give FCA 2-3 years from the introduction to figure out the small issues.
Yeah.. that's where I'm heading. I will probably wait for the 2021 Ram Limited or the F150... either one is available at the moment so I still have another month or so to do some research...
Unfortunately, as beautiful is the new Denali is imo, GM is out of the equation.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I'm one of the folks who actually really likes the look of the Denali exterior (I think it's right up there with the Longhorn as best exterior in the bunch), but that interior is a hard pass for me.

ClancyO

Reaction score
I looked at GMC. Fit/finish (especially interior) is just disappointing. I’ve never been a fan of GM, but there’s no denying the LS engines are rock solid. The issue I had was finding inventory - it’s down everywhere (especially ford since it’s model close out). Managed to find my unicorn Laramie so it was a no brainer..

Last edited:

Dodgehemi0

Reaction score
Hey guys!

TIA,
Manny.

I too like the gmc and Chevy looks on the outside. The inside though is much much smaller I’m only 5’6 and the Chevy made me feel cramped could not even stretch out my legs because of the way Chevy does the floorboards on the drivers side.
On paper the interior shows just to be a little bit smaller but once you get in you feel it.
Also the interior is freaking horrible!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rexx

Reaction score
I really like the outside look of the Chevy and GMC. I’ve never been a big fan of the interior. I recently drove a Chevy a couple thousand KMs for work and man was I ever happy to get back into my RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/