5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Laramie Ambient Lighting

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got a 2021 Laramie with the Level 2 group and I have the ambient lighting in the doors and front and rear footwells. I searched on here and couldn't find the answer so I'm hoping some other's can chime in. I do not have the ambient dash lighting, but from what I've found it looks like previous years did have it in the Laramie trim. Can anyone confirm that the 19 or 20 Laramie has the ambient dash lighting, and if so, is it tied to a particular options package or not?

Also wondering if it is possible to track down the factory led's for that area and wire them in with the rest of the lighting?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
You might have to mess with the dimmer switches on the bottom left area of the dash. There are two round ones to move up and down. I think one makes the ambient dash lights brighter. Sorry I am not more descriptive but have you tried those switches?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You might have to mess with the dimmer switches on the bottom left area of the dash. There are two round ones to move up and down. I think one makes the ambient dash lights brighter. Sorry I am not more descriptive but have you tried those switches?

The dimmer works and controls the rest of the lights as it should. From the looks of it, there is just no ambient dash lighting present on my truck. It’s not mentioned on the build sheet either which is why I’m curious if it was removed for 2021, or is tied to a different options package.

Daverous

Reaction score
I was under the impression they removed ambient lighting from the 21 laramie.

See paragoptics.com as linked by another member further down.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got it in the doors and footwells, but not the dash. Perhaps they did just remove that portion of it for some reason.

redneck

Reaction score
i test drove a 2021 longhorn last week & i didnt even see it in the doors yes it was at night & i had the dash lights turned up is their a seperate dimmer

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm not clear on what you mean by ambient dash lighting. Exactly where on the dash is the lighting located?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i test drove a 2021 longhorn last week & i didnt even see it in the doors yes it was at night & i had the dash lights turned up is their a seperate dimmer
If you have the gauge cluster lights turned up to the highest setting, the ambient lighting is disabled. If it was equipped, the left dimmer would control the ambient and the right dimmer does the gauge cluster.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm not clear on what you mean by ambient dash lighting. Exactly where on the dash is the lighting located?
Above the upper glovebox, above the start/stop button, and the small space to the left of the gauge cluster, all where the top dash cover meets the lower half of the dash.

redneck

Reaction score
i dont remember seeing a second dimmer control was this a option you could chose? or did ram just offer it for some time & then stop

Tomcat68

Reaction score
The left dial is the on off brightness control. Light runs above the glove box and below the top of the dash from left to right. There is also doors, foot wells and one in the upper console in the ceiling.
d2b1afa52689704262e2a9b35d359a29.jpg
4dddc405cb3015270379daf4fed36cbf.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nels

Reaction score
Yes my 2019 has the ambient lighting in the dash as described.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I have a feeling that changing these lights must be difficult?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I've found a part number for the one over the glovebox, but finding the other 2 is a bit more troubling. The challenge will be seeing what, if any, wiring is present already.

b.w.royder

Reaction score
I had a 19 Laramie, just got a new 21 Laramie and it doesn’t have the same lighting. Seems like they removed some. Honestly felt like my 19 was nicer. The 21 seems like the went cheap in areas to cut cost in the interior. I had both side dimming mirrors in the 19 and the 21 is driver only. Also seats doesn’t seem as nice.

b.w.royder

Reaction score
Thought the dimming side mirrors were part of the level 2 package. What is different with the seats?
They leather doesnt seem as nice but could be just because I conditioned the 19 seats every other day. I havent done that with the 21, so they dont seem as smooth.

86grand

Reaction score
can anyone confirm this 2 knob set up on a 2021 longhorn?
The long horn has amber ambient lighting. I just traded my Limited in that had blue ambient lighting. Not sure if you can change the colors, but I can confirm it does have the lighting and amber makes it easier to see the writing on displays, rather than dark blue on a black background

86grand

Reaction score
I had a 19 Laramie, just got a new 21 Laramie and it doesn’t have the same lighting. Seems like they removed some. Honestly felt like my 19 was nicer. The 21 seems like the went cheap in areas to cut cost in the interior. I had both side dimming mirrors in the 19 and the 21 is driver only. Also seats doesn’t seem as nice.
with the leather upgrade on the laramie, the seats were really nice. The stock seats reminded me of my tool box drawer liners for the center section of the seats. It was a really weird texture that I dont remember being like that on the 19 or 20 models.

Users who are viewing this thread