5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 air ride leaving kit

D52670

Reaction score
I put the daystar leaving kit along with the links on my 2021 Ram 1500 limited W/air ride. Sitting at “normal” ride mode my front fenders are 40inch from the ground with 35s. With only the 35s I sat at 37in. I adjusted the links a little bit to level the truck out. My whole truck sits at 40in from the ground to the center of the fender. I can still use off road 1 and 2. Not a bad kit and pretty easy to install.

Attachments

• 93856AD8-421A-4EE9-8DE0-624BA73527FC.jpeg
    93856AD8-421A-4EE9-8DE0-624BA73527FC.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 386

db252

Reaction score
Awesome! We have the same kit but waiting for the truck to arrive. Looks great with the 35’s.

UYAWNT2

Reaction score
I put the daystar leaving kit along with the links on my 2021 Ram 1500 limited W/air ride. Sitting at “normal” ride mode my front fenders are 40inch from the ground with 35s. With only the 35s I sat at 37in. I adjusted the links a little bit to level the truck out. My whole truck sits at 40in from the ground to the center of the fender. I can still use off road 1 and 2. Not a bad kit and pretty easy to install.
So I put on links but having issues. Did you also use spacers?

joemo

Reaction score
Do you have the link? I am not seeing this on their site. I have the 2021 Rebel with Air. Would love to check this out. Thanks and truck looks great!

D52670

Reaction score
What does the Daystar kit go for?
I paid about 400$ for the spacers, front and rear links. I didn’t even add the rear links. So i dont know if You need them. If you want to maintain all functions of the air ride I don’t see how you could use them. They trick the computer into thinking your truck is sitting lower so it adds air to the strut to raise it. You will lose off road settings if you do that because you will cause a over inflate/high pressure warning in the bag.

D52670

Reaction score
Do you have the link? I am not seeing this on their site. I have the 2021 Rebel with Air. Would love to check this out. Thanks and truck looks great!

UYAWNT2

Reaction score
I put on the spacers as well as the links. What issues with the links are you having?
So the 1st time we installed them the ride was a lot rougher & lots of "clunking" noise while driving. We adjusted them some more....lost the level & ride got smoother but still getting the clunking. Just wondering if I should add spacers too.

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Did you need to grind off part of the strut bolt for the spacer bolt to fit properly?

Iltis23

Reaction score
Hey man thanks for all the info. I just bought a new 2021 Limited that I'm looking at doing the same think to.
My question is how is the ride quality with the Daystar and the links installed? I was told that it was very rough with just the links. Thanks

The Tos

Reaction score
Hey man thanks for all the info. I just bought a new 2021 Limited that I'm looking at doing the same think to.
My question is how is the ride quality with the Daystar and the links installed? I was told that it was very rough with just the links. Thanks
I have a 2019 Limited with air and did they daystar pucks with links as well. There is no really noticeable difference in ride since I leveled the truck. The look is perfect and still maintains all the functions of the adjustable air ride.

D52670

Reaction score
Did you need to grind off part of the strut bolt for the spacer bolt to fit properly?
Yes the instruction say to do it. I took half the stud off. I did a little at a time and kept checking for fit. But basically, if you get the strut off and put the nut back on, all the way down then just cut a thread or two above the nut. That way when you take the nut off it will fix whatever threads might be damaged. And it’s about the right length. I’ll try and post a pic.

Attachments

• 31F03ECC-5523-47CC-98AE-69BE82E9EB9A.jpeg
    31F03ECC-5523-47CC-98AE-69BE82E9EB9A.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 198
  • 266A7BC4-AE5D-4C84-AAC8-3BC7BCC947AF.jpeg
    266A7BC4-AE5D-4C84-AAC8-3BC7BCC947AF.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 197
  • DE6A6D06-4DAA-46A4-AEFE-6D24EAE2AFA4.jpeg
    DE6A6D06-4DAA-46A4-AEFE-6D24EAE2AFA4.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 198

D52670

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited with air and did they daystar pucks with links as well. There is no really noticeable difference in ride since I leveled the truck. The look is perfect and still maintains all the functions of the adjustable air ride.
Hmm, not sure what’s clunking. But the spacers are the correct way. You will maintain ride quality and the ability to still use all of your air suspensions settings. Just adding the links will make the ride quality more rough. Your adding more air to the strut which will stiffen it up.

D52670

Reaction score
Not rough at all. I added my tires first to just see the difference. On the stock suspension with 35x12.5x22s I notice no difference once I added the spacers and links. The tires make the biggest difference out of those 3 mods.

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Yes the instruction say to do it. I took half the stud off. I did a little at a time and kept checking for fit. But basically, if you get the strut off and put the nut back on, all the way down then just cut a thread or two above the nut. That way when you take the nut off it will fix whatever threads might be damaged. And it’s about the right length. I’ll try and post a pic.
So looks like that’s quite a bit that needs to come off. I’m guessing once you put in the spacers and grind the studs there’s no going back?

D52670

Reaction score
I suppose you could take the spacer off if you ever wanted to go back to fully stock. You would have to trim the adapter pieces that are screwed onto the stock studs. Or maybe weld a new stud, depends on your skill level

ram537

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited with air ride, can I just level the truck with just the spacers ?? Or I still need the links for that, I just wanna level it I don't want to lift it.

db252

Reaction score
You’ll still need the front links. The stock links are non adjustable and adding the spacers require you to change the link length so the truck believes it’s at the same height making all settings function normally.

Users who are viewing this thread