5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rams come with 100,000 mile warranty

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Ok guys, I was looking at the FCA media release from their media relations website and deep in their EcoDiesel news release they mentioned that the 2020 Ram comes with a 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. As some of you might know that in 2016 FCA lowered their powertrain warranty by 40,000 miles to a total of 60,000 miles. It looks like the 2020 FCA vehicles will be going back to the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. What do you guys think? Below is a screenshot and a link to the document.

https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=20851&mid=69

ppowell1983

Reaction score
This is for the diesel only. May want to change the thread title to reflect that.
The press release is only for the Diesel but the section on the warranty clearly states all 2020 Ram 1500s. I am looking into this more, but I believe that the warranty will be for all FCA vehicles and especially for all RAM 1500s.

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
Be interesting to see if this truly is for all RAMs. I could understand it for the diesels, given the issues the eco diesel had previously along with the VW-like scandal. Also, the Cummins equipped 2500/3500 have a 5/100 warranty as well, which might show consistency for this being a diesel thing.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ok guys, I was looking at the FCA media release from their media relations website and deep in their EcoDiesel news release they mentioned that the 2020 Ram comes with a 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. As some of you might know that in 2016 FCA lowered their powertrain warranty by 40,000 miles to a total of 60,000 miles. It looks like the 2020 FCA vehicles will be going back to the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. What do you guys think? Below is a screenshot and a link to the document.

View attachment 30409

That’s only on the ecodiesel’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramhead

Reaction score
Well looks like another reason not to be a first year buyer :(

Might be true for many buyers but fortunately won't affect me....I only put on at most 7K miles a year so at 5 yr mark I'll have about 35K on it.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Might be true for many buyers but fortunately won't affect me....I only put on at most 7K miles a year so at 5 yr mark I'll have about 35K on it.

I'm in the same boat as you. 9 and change a year. I never keep a vehicle longer than 4-5 years so the next owner will still have some warranty left on mine.

Curious what will pique my interest next though. Ram won't change body styles for another 6 years or more so it won't be a Ram. Hmmmm....Sure wish Ford would come back out with their Full Size Bronco again and not the sorry excuse for the Bronco 2 recreation.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
They do that because they know most people won't get close to 100k miles in 5 years.

I'm just pissed they did away with the lifetime Mopar warranty option. I hope they bring it back otherwise, I may not keep the truck past its drivetrain warranty.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just hope this 5 yr, 100 mile doesn't dupe new 2020 buyers into a false sense of security and they do not purchase the bumper to bumper extended warranty. Assuming of course, the buyer intends on keeping their truck for awhile and the extended warranty otherwise makes sense for them. These new 2020 buyers will be taking on the same new model electronics and hardware we have and I submit the jury is still out on how friendly the lifespan will be.

ramhead

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. 9 and change a year. I never keep a vehicle longer than 4-5 years so the next owner will still have some warranty left on mine.

Curious what will pique my interest next though. Ram won't change body styles for another 6 years or more so it won't be a Ram. Hmmmm....Sure wish Ford would come back out with their Full Size Bronco again and not the sorry excuse for the Bronco 2 recreation.
They do that because they know most people won't get close to 100k miles in 5 years.

I'm just pissed they did away with the lifetime Mopar warranty option. I hope they bring it back otherwise, I may not keep the truck past its drivetrain warranty.

Agreed....but even that "lifetime warranty" had restrictions & hoops you had to jump through. In order to keep coverage valid/active you had to bring in your veh.
I just hope this 5 yr, 100 mile doesn't dupe new 2020 buyers into a false sense of security and they do not purchase the bumper to bumper extended warranty. Assuming of course, the buyer intends on keeping their truck for awhile and the extended warranty otherwise makes sense for them. These new 2020 buyers will be taking on the same new model electronics and hardware we have and I submit the jury is still out on how friendly the lifespan will be.

No doubt.....if I keep my 2019 Ram I will definitely be getting the extended FCA warranty. I think it would be foolish to not do so considering all the electronics that control just about every facet of the truck.

alanstahl

Reaction score

View attachment 30409
I BELIEVE THAT THE PRIOR ECO DIESEL ALSO HAD A 100,000 MILE WARRANTY WHILE THE REMAINING ENGINE LINEUP WAS STILL AT 60,000. I HAD A 2016 ECO DIESEL AND IT HAD THE 100,000 MILE WARRANTY SO NOTHING NEW. AND THERE WERE PROBLEMS SO THE WARRANTY WAS TO COMFORT BUYERS.

ramhead

Reaction score
I don’t have to “bring in” my truck. But I do need to document my maintenance.

Somehow my previous response got truncated....what I had added was , yes, under the lifetime warranty you do have to "bring in" your truck for a mandatory drivetrain inspection at the 5 year mark or they will void your coverage (read the fine print). You also have to follow all maintenance schedules or they can deny coverage (but that goes for all warranty coverages). You don't have to have dealer service it but, like you said, you need to have documentation that the services were done at the appropriate times. However, the 5 year inspection under the lifetime warranty has to be done by a certified FCA dealer.

Last edited:

JeepTech

Reaction score
Somehow my previous response got truncated....what I had added was , yes, under the lifetime warranty you do have to "bring in" your truck for a mandatory drivetrain inspection at the 5 year mark or they will void your coverage (read the fine print). You also have to follow all maintenance schedules or they can deny coverage (but that goes for all warranty coverages). You don't have to have dealer service it but, like you said, you need to have documentation that the services were done at the appropriate times. However, the 5 year inspection under the lifetime warranty has to be done by a certified FCA dealer.
You only had to bring in your vehicle for inspection for the "free" lifetime powertrain warranty. The lifetime maxcare or added care plus FCA warranties do not require an inspection, just that you have records of doing maintenance at proper intervals.

ramhead

Reaction score
You only had to bring in your vehicle for inspection for the "free" lifetime powertrain warranty. The lifetime maxcare or added care plus FCA warranties do not require an inspection, just that you have records of doing maintenance at proper intervals.

Yes...I know, I posted that above that it was for the "lifetime" warranty.

diamondmi

Reaction score
My 2020 came with a 3 year, 60k mile warranty. Upgraded to 5 year, 100k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting for my newly ordered 2020 Laramie Longhorn, Delmonico Red, chrome bumpers, 20” wheels, 5.7 V8 Hemi MDS VVT eTorque, 3.92 rear, all options except diesel, multifunction tailgate, protection group and trailer tow group. Interior Black/New Saddle. Looking forward to delivery. Truck arrived!!! Yes!

ramhead

Reaction score
you need to drive more..... LOL

Nah....since I'm mostly retired it's mostly all pleasure driving with some vacation trips - I drive it as much as I want or need to. Plus, after 5+ years I'll be able to sell the truck if I want for a high amount. EVERYONE wants a vehicle with low mileage if they're buying used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/