5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram with headliner leak, again.

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m Damon & new to this forum. I own a 2020 White Ram 1500 Crew cab. This is my first Ram, & have been happy with the ride, although these lingering headliner leaking issues have been a distraction. Already had the rear windshield replaced & brake light above sliding glass. After I did some research to see if this is a common issue with other Ram owners, I really wonder if the 22 models have had this problem. Anyone hear of any 21 or 22 owners who have dealt with this issue? I’ve contemplated trading my truck in for a 22. Only have about 28,000 miles, so I’m still under 36,000 mile warranty.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Yes they still can have issues. The roof mounted antenna and the center mounted brake light are both known to get the head liner wet. I believe the center brake light has an "updated" gasket for 21 and newer trucks.

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
Yes they still can have issues. The roof mounted antenna and the center mounted brake light are both known to get the head liner wet. I believe the center brake light has an "updated" gasket for 21 and newer trucks.
Hopefully the engineers fix this for future Ram owners so they don’t deal with this headache. I don’t want to switch from Ram with another truck really.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Hopefully the engineers fix this for future Ram owners so they don’t deal with this headache. I don’t want to switch from Ram with another truck really.
Hopefully but we'll see.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Have you had your headliner leak? Mine has been replaced once already & rear windshield. Waiting on dealer to get new headliner installed.
No but the cab vent was replaced after they misdiagnosed and replaced the rear sliding window first.

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
As I wait to get my headliner & exhaust manifold fixed, was curious if anyone has got friends that drive Fords, Chevys, GMCs, or Toyotas that have had headliner problems whether it’s leaking from the brake light or cracked windshield?

StitchTrusty

Reaction score
I’ve been contemplating on trading my Ram in, only have 29,000 miles on her. It’s a shame that through the years of Ram owners that the headliner leaks are a common issue. I was even talking with a friend of mine at work who owns a 2010 Ram Bighorn, he had the bad leak from brake light & another leak that caused his rear floor to get soaked. It amazes me that there haven’t been any class action lawsuits against Ram overall. I mean surely by now with the 22, that the engineers can get it right!

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My '21 Rebel has a small leak in the rear passenger side. I took it in a few weeks back and the dealer said they found the leak and replaced the 3rd brake light housing and gasket. I still have a small leak in the same place, so I taped off the antenna and the entire area around the brake light assembly and lightly ran water over the rear corner of the cab. After a minute or so, I saw a run down the inside of the window. For me, it's either the sealant in the upper corner of the window, or it's the seam seal under the roof trim. Not sure how to get under the roof trim, but I'll let the dealer fix it. No other leaks in my truck that I'm aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread