5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ram 1500 Limited with 4" BDS Suspension, 35" Tires & Exhuast

nash1127

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to the RAM family, I bought my 2020 RAM 1500 back in March. I traded in my 2015 Chevy 1500 for my RAM and I couldn't be happier with the trade. I searched through a ton of threads to find the right information on the mods I wanted to make. I wanted to post what mods I made in the hopes that I help somone like me in the future.

RAM 2020 Limted
BDS 4 Inch AirRide Lift Kit with Fox Rear Shocks
Helwig Rear Sway Bar
Black Rhino Overland Wheels 20X9.5 -18 Matte Black
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 35x9.5R20
Superchip Performance Module: Pulsar 32453
Borla S-Typle Exhaust
Black Matte Chrome Delete
Black Matte Badge Replacement
Luxe Auto Tail Light Tint Kit, Thrid Brake Light and Mirror Tints

I bought my truck in March 2021 and made the order on my mods about 2 weeks later. It took until the end of July to recieve my BDS suspension. The rims and tires took about 6 weeks but BDS is still on back order, but it was definitlely work the wait.

BDS 4 Inch AirRide Lift, Black Rhino Overland, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 35x9.5R20- I've never had a lifted truck before so I was a little unsure what to do especially a truck with a with AirRide. I thought about just doing a leveling kit and the shop I used talked me into the BDS suspension. The truck feels like it rides better now than it did prior to the lift. It still as smooth as can be and almost zero road noise from the tires. If it wasn't for the exhaust, I wouldn't hear a thing while driving around.

Once of the things I wanted to know more about was ride height. In south Florida, there are a lot of parking garages so I wanted to make sure I could still fit in a majority of them. The ride height in Normal setting is 79 inches. It drops an inch in entry/exit and raises an inch in off road setting.

Borla S-Typle Exhaust: I had a Flowmaster on my Chevy and it sounded great. One thing it did but never bothered me much was it was still pretty loud when idling at a certain speed. I could be going 70 MPH on the highway and I could still hear the exhaust even if I wasn't pressing the throttle. The Borla has a deep, rich sound when accelerating. But once you hit your idle speed, the sound quiets down. You honestly get the best of both worlds, amazing sound when pressing the gas but a quiter ride once you hit your cruising speed. I have 2 young kids and a nagging wife that can't stand the sound of excellence, so this system is literally the perfect balance to make sure so I don't hear any complaints coming from inside the cab.

I probably did the most research on the exhaust system. I cannot say enough great things about the Borla sound. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on different systems and none of them do it justice. I contemplated getting the Atak system but everything I read made it seem like I was going to rattle my house and neighbors souls every time I cranked the engine so I went with the S-Type. Couldn't be more please with it.

Black Matte Chrome Delete & Black Matte Badge Replacement: I bought my truck used and I didn't get the Night Edition so I thought I'd try to replicate it on my own. I replaced all of the badges in matte black and got them on ebay. I took the truck to a custom wrap shop and had them do a chrome delete on everything they could. I also bought tail light tints from Luxe Auto and installed them myself.

Hopefully this helps someone in their decision to make any mods. My humble advice, just go for it. You won't regret it.

Attachments

• IMG-9171.jpg
    IMG-9171.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG-9169.jpg
    IMG-9169.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG-9167.jpg
    IMG-9167.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG-9165.jpg
    IMG-9165.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG-9164.jpg
    IMG-9164.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG-9164.jpg
    IMG-9164.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG-9182.jpg
    IMG-9182.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG-9177.jpg
    IMG-9177.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG-9175.jpg
    IMG-9175.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 162

Filmoreranger

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to the RAM family, I bought my 2020 RAM 1500 back in March. I traded in my 2015 Chevy 1500 for my RAM and I couldn't be happier with the trade. I searched through a ton of threads to find the right information on the mods I wanted to make. I wanted to post what mods I made in the hopes that I help somone like me in the future.

RAM 2020 Limted
BDS 4 Inch AirRide Lift Kit with Fox Rear Shocks
Helwig Rear Sway Bar
Black Rhino Overland Wheels 20X9.5 -18 Matte Black
Nitto Terra Grappler G2 35x9.5R20
Superchip Performance Module: Pulsar 32453
Borla S-Typle Exhaust
Black Matte Chrome Delete
Black Matte Badge Replacement
Luxe Auto Tail Light Tint Kit, Thrid Brake Light and Mirror Tints

I bought my truck in March 2021 and made the order on my mods about 2 weeks later. It took until the end of July to recieve my BDS suspension. The rims and tires took about 6 weeks but BDS is still on back order, but it was definitlely work the wait.

BDS 4 Inch AirRide Lift, Black Rhino Overland, Nitto Terra Grappler G2 35x9.5R20- I've never had a lifted truck before so I was a little unsure what to do especially a truck with a with AirRide. I thought about just doing a leveling kit and the shop I used talked me into the BDS suspension. The truck feels like it rides better now than it did prior to the lift. It still as smooth as can be and almost zero road noise from the tires. If it wasn't for the exhaust, I wouldn't hear a thing while driving around.

Once of the things I wanted to know more about was ride height. In south Florida, there are a lot of parking garages so I wanted to make sure I could still fit in a majority of them. The ride height in Normal setting is 79 inches. It drops an inch in entry/exit and raises an inch in off road setting.

Borla S-Typle Exhaust: I had a Flowmaster on my Chevy and it sounded great. One thing it did but never bothered me much was it was still pretty loud when idling at a certain speed. I could be going 70 MPH on the highway and I could still hear the exhaust even if I wasn't pressing the throttle. The Borla has a deep, rich sound when accelerating. But once you hit your idle speed, the sound quiets down. You honestly get the best of both worlds, amazing sound when pressing the gas but a quiter ride once you hit your cruising speed. I have 2 young kids and a nagging wife that can't stand the sound of excellence, so this system is literally the perfect balance to make sure so I don't hear any complaints coming from inside the cab.

I probably did the most research on the exhaust system. I cannot say enough great things about the Borla sound. I watched a bunch of youtube videos on different systems and none of them do it justice. I contemplated getting the Atak system but everything I read made it seem like I was going to rattle my house and neighbors souls every time I cranked the engine so I went with the S-Type. Couldn't be more please with it.

Black Matte Chrome Delete & Black Matte Badge Replacement: I bought my truck used and I didn't get the Night Edition so I thought I'd try to replicate it on my own. I replaced all of the badges in matte black and got them on ebay. I took the truck to a custom wrap shop and had them do a chrome delete on everything they could. I also bought tail light tints from Luxe Auto and installed them myself.

Hopefully this helps someone in their decision to make any mods. My humble advice, just go for it. You won't regret it.
I’m debating whether to pull the plug. I have a 2021 Night Edition and even though she’s amazing, I can’t stand how low she is. How much was the BDS lift?

nash1127

Reaction score
The BDS suspension kit was about 2400 plus about 1400 in labor.

Users who are viewing this thread