5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Limited w/Air (stock) + 295/70/18 Cooper AT3 XLT + Rebel Wheels

MetalDog

Reaction score
I just wanted to confirm that 295/70/18 Cooper AT3 XLT (on Rebel Wheels) causes no rub on a 2020 Limited w/Air and no level kit. I still have about an inch of clearance even after installing my Husky mud flaps. Thanks to the community for helping me pick a great tire size.

I looked at a lot of wheels out there and felt more comfortable with OE Rebels. Paid $500 for them and another $500 to get them powder-coated. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_3264.jpeg
    IMG_3264.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_3265.jpeg
    IMG_3265.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 768
  • IMG_3268.jpeg
    IMG_3268.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 728

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would think, based on all that I've read, that 295/70's should be fine with the air suspension in the normal position.

MetalDog

Reaction score
Does the Limited on air sit taller than a Bighorn with ORP?

No, the ORP on any of them sits an inch higher than Limited with air at normal height. Offroad 1 on Air is equal to ORP I believe. Feel free to correct me if anyone has alternative information.

reconshaun

Reaction score
This is the answer that I have been looking for. I have a Rebel with Air Ride, but I wanted to know the biggest size of tires that I can fit on stock wheels with air. Have you had any issues since installing @MetalDog ?

Last edited:

MetalDog

Reaction score
mine is stock with 305/65/18. No issues.

Yours isn't stock... it has aftermarket wheels, with aftermarket offset. The goal was to tell people who had stock air suspension and stock wheels, what the largest tire they could get without rubbing.

cseaman

Reaction score
I just wanted to confirm that 295/70/18 Cooper AT3 XLT (on Rebel Wheels) causes no rub on a 2020 Limited w/Air and no level kit. I still have about an inch of clearance even after installing my Husky mud flaps. Thanks to the community for helping me pick a great tire size.

I looked at a lot of wheels out there and felt more comfortable with OE Rebels. Paid $500 for them and another $500 to get them powder-coated. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Cheers.

Is this set up still working out for you? I just bought a 2021 Limited w/ air and wanting to do the same tire size.

vietatran05

Reaction score

Nice set up! This is exactly what I was looking for. How’s the clearance with the upper control arms?

Users who are viewing this thread