5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Ecodiesel Rebel, 4” lift?

KodiakHntr

Reaction score
Afternoon…
Anyone lift their Ecodiesel Rebel? If so, what lift did you use?
BDS tells me theirs isn’t compatible, and google isn’t helping me much. What isn’t compatible between the diesel and gas versions?
What are my options here?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

flying53brian

Reaction score
Fox has a couple options, 1-2" or 2-3". I have the 2- 3" fox lift on mine but it is not a diesel. I believe you would have to have a heavier spring depending on what lift you are trying f to accomplish

2020 Ram Rebel 4x4

KodiakHntr

Reaction score
I’ll check them out. Thanks.
Superlift makes a 6”, but they aren’t positive if it’s compatible or not.
Ideally I’ll find a 4” lift that works so I can keep cv angles correct.

KodiakHntr

Reaction score
Follow up to my original post…
Talked to BDS, their kits will bolt on cleanly, with no issue on fit.
However, the issue is front drive shaft failure in under 10 000 miles on the Ecodiesel equipped trucks.
Driveline Plus apparently is developing a new front shaft to work around the issue.
So, looks like it will be a level instead of a lift.

HomeSlice780

Reaction score
Follow up to my original post…
Talked to BDS, their kits will bolt on cleanly, with no issue on fit.
However, the issue is front drive shaft failure in under 10 000 miles on the Ecodiesel equipped trucks.
Driveline Plus apparently is developing a new front shaft to work around the issue.
So, looks like it will be a level instead of a lift.
I can attest to this. I have 2021 Eco and I have a BDS 4" lift. I also had to get a new front driveshaft. BDS recommended Driveline Plus. They have them now. $500 plus shipping. They build them to order, but it was shipped within a couple days of ordering it. Got it about a week after ordering.

HomeSlice780

Reaction score
Afternoon…
Anyone lift their Ecodiesel Rebel? If so, what lift did you use?
BDS tells me theirs isn’t compatible, and google isn’t helping me much. What isn’t compatible between the diesel and gas versions?
What are my options here?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!
I have 2021 Eco. All of the lifts will fit as long as it is a spacer lift. The front ends are heavier on the Eco, and no one makes a coil over kit yet with springs for the heavier weight. If you are wanting 4" or more, all of the kits will work on an Eco, you just need to get a custom front driveshaft. The issue is the transfer case is in a slightly different location on an Eco. Because of this the Eco has a shorter front drive shaft than a gasser. When you have a lift kit that drops the front drive axle, and with the included spacer the kit comes with, it puts the shorter drive shaft at an extreme angle and it will vibrate and destruct after a while. Driveshafts Plus makes a longer driveshaft with different knuckles to handle the angle. With the new longer driveshaft you don't use the included spacer in the kit.

ib4elk

Reaction score
HOmeSlice780, you noted you have the BDS 4' lift along with a new front drive shaft. Have you installed it yet and does it all seem to work out? I have been looking for a lift for my 2021 eco and as you are likely aware nobody makes them for the eco models and likely due to the issue you noted about the driveshaft. I use my truck off road a lot and lift kits from Ready Lift or similar state they are not made for off road use... Anyway, any concerns with the BDS kits for off road use that you are aware of? Thanks.

Batlwagn

Reaction score
2021 Rebel ECO Diesel with the ready lift 3.5 sst lift/level. No issues thus far but it's just spacers. Wheels are 18x9.5 -18 black rhino 35x12.50R18 federal xplora tires

Attachments

• 20211009_123030.jpg
    20211009_123030.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20211009_123014.jpg
    20211009_123014.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 55

ReyPaez

Reaction score
I have 2021 Eco. All of the lifts will fit as long as it is a spacer lift. The front ends are heavier on the Eco, and no one makes a coil over kit yet with springs for the heavier weight. If you are wanting 4" or more, all of the kits will work on an Eco, you just need to get a custom front driveshaft. The issue is the transfer case is in a slightly different location on an Eco. Because of this the Eco has a shorter front drive shaft than a gasser. When you have a lift kit that drops the front drive axle, and with the included spacer the kit comes with, it puts the shorter drive shaft at an extreme angle and it will vibrate and destruct after a while. Driveshafts Plus makes a longer driveshaft with different knuckles to handle the angle. With the new longer driveshaft you don't use the included spacer in the kit.
How did the Drivelines Plus shaft needed for this lift kits actually worked? Is it reliable on our 4x4 Ecodiesel Rams? I'm inquiring because I wanted to lift my truck with BDS 4" kit with air ride suspension but don't want problems with the drive shaft, Thanks in advance..

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here my shaft

Attachments

• 91F30AF7-B588-4115-89A8-1388DF7C2445.jpeg
    91F30AF7-B588-4115-89A8-1388DF7C2445.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 21
  • F188D27D-A85B-428B-9948-39745F3FBA72.jpeg
    F188D27D-A85B-428B-9948-39745F3FBA72.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 79D0B187-357B-46CA-840C-967EB484A884.jpeg
    79D0B187-357B-46CA-840C-967EB484A884.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 21

ReyPaez

Reaction score
here my shaft
Nice.. it's that from Drivelines Plus? Have you had it for a while now or just installed? You give me hope.. I was so disappointed thinking that I couldn't get a lift kit without compromising the reliability of my 4x4, thank you for sharing my friend, looks awesome and strong..

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice.. it's that from Drivelines Plus? Have you had it for a while now or just installed? You give me hope.. I was so disappointed thinking that I couldn't get a lift kit without compromising the reliability of my 4x4, thank you for sharing my friend, looks awesome and strong..
driveshaft pro in california garden grove

CigarXO

Reaction score
Jumping in here looking for front driveshaft solutions. I installed BDS 4" air ride lift when I bought my truck. Love the lift and look on '35s. The front driveshaft just gave out at 30k miles exactly. I see the Driveshaft Pro comments above. Are they making an aftermarket shaft for purchase, or are they a fab shop building individual units? Any others out there? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Front driveshaft OEM.jpg
    Front driveshaft OEM.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 8

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jumping in here looking for front driveshaft solutions. I installed BDS 4" air ride lift when I bought my truck. Love the lift and look on '35s. The front driveshaft just gave out at 30k miles exactly. I see the Driveshaft Pro comments above. Are they making an aftermarket shaft for purchase, or are they a fab shop building individual units? Any others out there? Thanks in advance.
talk to them they made mines

CigarXO

Reaction score
The solution I decided on for aftermarket front driveshaft replacement was the DriveshaftPro.com 3194-3062CV for $451 and installed by a local speed shop for $150 totaling less than OEM part alone. I think it has solved the 70mph resonance I experienced. The double cardan certainly improves the drive angles. My OEM lasted exactly 30k. Thx.

Attachments

• DriveshaftPro Replacement.jpg
    DriveshaftPro Replacement.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread