5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ecodiesel oil consumption

Jaxx252

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
First time posting on here. I'm putting up this post as my truck is now in the shop for what was thought to be a seized engine at first.
The dealership has pulled all 6 injectors and found the engine to be hydrolocked and down 2 liters of oil all of which ended up in the PCV valve and intercooler... the truck went in for an egr replacement a few month back and they told me a little oil was found in the intercooler at that time and to monitor oil levels until next oilchange which just came due just before the engine hydrolocked. Has anyone come across this type of issue before?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found a little oil in my charge tubes, but nothing significant. Ever turbo vehicle I’ve owned has had that, so I usually don’t think twice unless a charge pipe dumps oil when I disconnect it from the lowest point in the system.

Users who are viewing this thread