5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Big Horn Sport Question

kevinjones1997

Reaction score
I saw from the article in the news section a few days ago that the 2020 Big Horn sport package includes 20" paint/polished wheels. The picture from the article looks to me like they are the same style as the 2019 wheels, however the 2019's are chrome-clad, are they not? Has anyone confirmed if the 2020 wheels are truly polished instead of chrome-clad?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's the window sticker of a 2020 Big Horn Sport. The last line under Optional Equipment in the second column "20-inch x 9.0-Inch Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels"

The truck..

kevinjones1997

Reaction score
Here's the window sticker of a 2020 Big Horn Sport. The last line under Optional Equipment in the second column "20-inch x 9.0-Inch Aluminum Chrome Clad Wheels"

The truck..

I saw that too - maybe they are equipping the chrome clads until they run out of inventory, and then will switch to polished?

Sidenote: I've also seen some 2019 Monroney stickers that list the vehicle description at the top as "2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport", like this one:

I'm not sure what the difference is here, but these only started popping up later in the 2019 production calendar.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll never understand why they picked such ugly rims for the Big Horn compared to the Laramie, LongHorn and Limited

kevinjones1997

Reaction score
I'll never understand why they picked such ugly rims for the Big Horn compared to the Laramie, LongHorn and Limited

I don't think the style is that bad, but I'm not a fan of the chrome at all. The reason I started this thread is because I'd like to take the Big Horn 20's and have them powder coated gunmetal gray. I think that would look really good on a Billet Silver Big Horn. However, I don't think you can powder coat the chrome-cladding, so having a polished wheel instead would make this possible.

I know you can remove the cladding and glue on and then could powder coat, but if I can just start with the polished wheels instead, I'd rather do that.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't think the style is that bad, but I'm not a fan of the chrome at all. The reason I started this thread is because I'd like to take the Big Horn 20's and have them powder coated gunmetal gray. I think that would look really good on a Billet Silver Big Horn. However, I don't think you can powder coat the chrome-cladding, so having a polished wheel instead would make this possible.

I know you can remove the cladding and glue on and then could powder coat, but if I can just start with the polished wheels instead, I'd rather do that.
Yeah definitely creates more work for you if they are chrome

I had the 18" rims on my Billet Silver Big Horn Sport and swapped them for Laramie 20's and then eventually for Limited 20's with the Falken Off Road Tires

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I would prefer the non chrome clad wheels, that is the one thing I don't care for on the Bighorn sport. That said I don't think they look half bad but they are easy to scratch if you are not careful. I may swap them for the limited 20's at some point.

kevinjones1997

Reaction score

I had the 18" rims on my Billet Silver Big Horn Sport and swapped them for Laramie 20's and then eventually for Limited 20's with the Falken Off Road Tires

View attachment 34785

Wow, look at the color change of Billet Silver in the different sunlight - this is why it's the best color :) Your rig looks great, btw.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, those chrome clad wheels scream 1994.

Mine came with the standard 18” wheels which are pretty plain.

I was lucky enough to buy a set of 20” Laramie painted and polished wheels from a fellow forum member.

IMHO these are the best looking wheels on the 5th gens. 3EC162E2-91CC-4FCE-8680-EF116D18C7B4.jpeg

Last edited:

Sushiyummy

Reaction score

View attachment 34785
Please advise, so the '2020 Laramie 20x9 will fit '2020 Bighorn?
Thank you

Sushiyummy

Reaction score
Thank you for your information. I order my Bighorn late Oct 2020. My sale man really no help, if I can do it over I will go for Laramie.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for your information. I order my Bighorn late Oct 2020. My sale man really no help, if I can do it over I will go for Laramie.
I love my truck, I thought about trading it on a Laramie but couldn’t justify the difference in money.. my truck only has 28k miles on it.. so instead I just had heated katzkin leather seats installed. And they’re actually nicer than Laramie seats IMO. 19BE5C91-180A-423C-9FBD-0E538F1CB6BB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread