5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Bed Lights

jag182

Reaction score
Regarding bed lights for existing factory installed lights......Are there bulb or light upgrades out there that are a direct swap? Also, is there a "kit" of lights that you could install that tap into the existing lights that would go on and off in sync with the factory installed lights? Wouldn't mind doing both if there are direct kits/parts to do so. I couldn't find any existing threads or you-tube videos. I have found aftermarket light kits but nothing that taps into existing lights to run in sync.

DeepCitizenry

Reaction score
You have to T tap the lines behind the light module on the right side of the bed and find a place to mount an automotive relay. Then you attach the wires so that the relay switches to the on position when the lights turn on. Then simply run your wiring up through the rear of the bed to a hole and attach to the lights of your choice. It is really nice to be able to see better under the tonneau cover and it also turns on and off when you lock/unlock with the OEM lights or when you ores the button in the bed.
A lesson learned: the regular outdoor LED strip lights will work but running them in series with one another (under the drivers, front and passengers side bed rails) proved difficult. The points where you solder and connect them become brittle and break. Because of this only my additional drivers side bed lights still work. I am thinking about changing it out for some like these:
2fc6c759fb723cf6eec77e98ae7bc263.jpg
87af45f11a831a2a9b32891025d61378.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread