5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 - 2021 DT JL JT 3.0L DIESEL DEF INDUCEMENT Recall?

azram520

Reaction score
Hi All,

background:
Just got back from the dealer. Yesterday my truck hit 35,777 miles I went to fire it up and it said something to the sorts of "Service Def system see dealer"
I was at a half tank def and full fuel. I usually fill once it hits qtr tank as it gets wonky.
I filled it up drove around for 20 miles turned truck on and off still had same issue.
Fast forward to today I take it in to dealer, they say there is a open recall. They flashed ECM for " 2020 - 2021 DT JL JT 3.0L DIESEL DEF INDUCEMENT" issue. Service guy made a comment when I dropped it off they may not have parts for it.. so sounds like its a known issue?
Anyways they said the flash fixed my issue. So far looks like it. But Mopar app shows there is now a campaign open and parts are available but my recall was not completed..

Question:
Anyone have anymore info on this y81 recall? Sounds like should have had some parts replaced too? When I click on link I do not see any details for recall.

Attachments

• IMG_8636.PNG
    IMG_8636.PNG
    208.9 KB · Views: 65

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The recall was just released, it's just a PCM update. The advisor may have not known about the exact info on it yet.

azram520

Reaction score
You'll get the same message if the Voltage is low too.
Interesting I came out and it did say my battery was low or something. I get that a lot when I park outside and it dips below 30. Never had a truck that was so picky about the cold.. thanks for heads up!

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty good warning FCA's craptastic IMS has killed your battery and you are going to be buying a new one for it to kill very soon.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just spent 10 hours at the Dealers Service department for some minor
Squalks two weeks ago. They performed a PCM Update from 68500630AD to 68500630AE.

They also did the Trailer Steering/Back up Camera Recall, the Rear Parking Sensors went out
about 4 months ago, and there was a hose not installed properly on the Engine. Everything
should have been done in about 2 hours. The Software was not talking properly with the
Modules.

They Found a STAR case on the Rear Parking Sensors #102062370.

Found this little Nugget on the Jeep JL Forum

Under the parts section It mentions a DEF injector needed.

Malodave

azram520

Reaction score
So this has aged well. After the "Recall" flash, 1500 miles later I have the exact same issue.. Sweet off to the dealership for round two tomorrow.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So this has aged well. After the "Recall" flash, 1500 miles later I have the exact same issue.. Sweet off to the dealership for round two tomorrow.
So far I've never had any DEF issues or warnings on my 2020. The dealer flashed the new Ecodiesel firmware a few weeks ago, I have had no warnings or issues since then, although I haven't driven it more than 100 miles since the Ecodiesel firmware flash for "DEF Inducement Issue".

Hofkamp

Reaction score
I have not had any issues, but I called my dealer and set up an appointment to address the recall. They said it was a software only recall, no parts, and should be less than an hour from check in to finish.

Will see Friday.

azram520

Reaction score
Update - Suppose to be getting my truck back today they held it over night. Cited something with Def tank and Def line needing to be replaced, had to order it will be installed today.

azram520

Reaction score
Ended up having to replace the def tank as sensor in there went bad. All good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread