5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel with Weird Google Maps Problem

Creon01

Reaction score
My new 2019 Rebel always starts Carplay with Google Maps back at the dealership location regardless of where the truck is actually located. I use Apple CarPlay and the Google Maps app. Apple Maps has the same problem. It's not my Iphone as it has the most updated OS version and when not connected to the truck it works fine, meaning it accurately tells me where the phone is located. As soon as the phone is connected to the truck, via an Apple OEM cable, it takes me back to the dealership. I have the latest Uconnect software as well according to my VIN and the Unconnect website. I tried reinstalling the Google Maps app and every combination of when to insert the cable into the USB, before starting, after starting, while initially driving....with no luck. The odd thing is that once I drive about ten minutes it corrects itself and then I can use it to get me to places I've never been to before. I suspect the Uconnect is in some sort of travel or security mode, but my dealership says no and they never heard of this problem before. Does anyone know how I can reboot my Uconnect by pressing a combination of buttons? Keep in mind it is a 2019. I will not disconnect the battery as the dealership tells me that is a bad idea.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine does that to my home though. Not all the time, curious if it’s a app thing . Regardless, have had it act up and switch to wife’s phone and same thing. It’s one of the things on my list when I take in next week

TimG

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. Truck nav was saying I was in Montana when in reality I was in DC, the auto-time would always default to Mountain Time, and my compass/direction wouldn't display. Anyway, after much hem-hawing with Ram/UConnect and their engineers, they were able to talk the dealer mechanic through a fix, that surprisingly, actually fixed the issue. For some reason, the Uconnect folks wouldn't release the exact info as to why this was happening, nor would they allow the dealership/mechanic to truly explain what they did. But, if you have your dealer call Fred Frederick Dodge in Frederick Maryland (I know, that's a lot of Freds), they may be able to speak dealer to dealer. Good luck!

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It was a software update fix. Get it flashed

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine would do the same thing yours is doing as well as another unit I test drove. I had a TSB done for the radio that fixed the location issue when being used with my iPhone and the mapping system. The TSB fixed the issue for me. Sorry I can’t be more helpful

Creon01

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll mention this to the dealership as they seem to not know what I'm talking about. I also took some pics of the unit showing the dealership location on Google Maps and my house, 45 minutes away, in the background. Other than this the truck is awesome! My previous truck was a 2003 Nissan Frontier XE with roll up windows to give you an idea of how far I've come with my 2019 Rebel.

Creon01

Reaction score
Just back from the dealership and the problem seems to be solved! I had to drive aways from the dealership as it was always starting at that location regardless of where the truck was located and then park it for a while. Had a nice lunch and when I fired up the engine and attached my Iphone, the map apps found me right away. Not a major issue, more of an annoyance, but I'm glad it's gone. The dealership threw in a free tank of gas which made me very very happy as I have the extended 33 gallon fuel tank. Before I scheduled the visit I took pictures of the incorrect location screen (with a second phone of course) and gave the tec as much information as possible so he could research the problem. According to them it's an issue with the Sirius software and not fixable by the consumer. Hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem.

Mdodd1

Reaction score
I've had the same issue, I live in Georgia and it was stuck in Orlando Florida. I haven't had a chance to take it back to the dealer for service. I found a thread recommending driving 5 clockwise circles in a parking lot. I tried it today and the location updated correctly for the first time in a week. I'll have the dealership address the issue when I can.

Mdodd1

Reaction score
Ok, I'm still stuck in Orlando most of the time. I took it to the dealer and they indicate it is a know problem and the fix is slated for the 4th quarter of 2019.
I don't feel this is acceptable on a new vehicle. I utilize navigation daily. Guess I'll need to break out my old Garmin on the dash.

Users who are viewing this thread