5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Revving After Start

Journeyman

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 2019 Rebel will sometimes rev the engine slightly for a few minutes after start. I took it to the garage where I wasn’t able to replicate the problem at the time as it’s intermittent. I live in a hot place so it’s not down to a cold weather start.

They say this is normal but it doesn’t feel normal to have to brake against a revving engine when I’m pulling out of my drive way. Can anyone offer any info on this whether they’ve had/have the same issue and how it was fixed please.

Many Thanks

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Had the same issue, especially on cold starts. This is what I did and it fixed it. From another forum member:

OPTION TWO-RESET TPS & ACCELERATOR PEDAL (did once and works great so far)
1-Foot OFF of the brake and accelerator pedal
2-Press the START BUTTON until the RUN position is achieved but DO NOT start the vehicle. (If you do, turn off, open door and let everything reset before restarting).
3-Wait until all the instrument panels idiot/cycle lights go OUT (Check Engine light may stay on)
4-Slowly press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and then slowly let off. I think a steady and consistent motion is best.
5a-Press START BUTTON again to turn everything off. (Open Door?) Start the truck as normal. That should recalibrate the pedal so that you are using its full range of motion in synch with the throttle body's opening.
or
5b-Press Brake pedal and START BUTTON to start truck."

Users who are viewing this thread