5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Rebel Factory Goodyears

rkjunior

Reaction score
Are these tires notorious for getting VERY loud as they get close to end of life? My set has about 46K on them and I've noticed lately they are incredibly loud to the point I though I had something wrong with my front end/power steering. High noise, some vibration, 'whining' etc. Rain performance has gone through to the toilet as well especially taking turns from a stop. Is it my truck or standard with these?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's not bad for factory tires that are 3-4 years old. Mine are at about 42k with a mid 2019 manufacture date and they're pretty close to what you describe. Rain performance isn't terrible, but I am definitely paying more attention. Noise can be heard on the highway over low radio volumes.

Gotta remember tires aren't only defined by miles. If you have an early-mid 2019 truck that parks outside 24/7 in all weather they're going to feel older than the miles might say.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That is something they are well known for. I love the looks of the Duratracs, but they are expensive, their off-road durability is suspect and they aren't known for their good street ride and comfort/noise.

I will not be considering them when I finally need to change tires. There are far more superior tires from BGF, Nitto, Etc. that will fit the bill for similar prices or even cheaper.

cliffsta

Reaction score

I will not be considering them when I finally need to change tires. There are far more superior tires from BGF, Nitto, Etc. that will fit the bill for similar prices or even cheaper.
Excuse my ignorance. What tires from BFG or Nitto would be similarly aggressive as the Duratrac?

IndianaRam

Reaction score
I had 60,000 on mine before I replaced them. they are street/offroad tires, so they will be louder than just street tires. I bought the same tires to replace them with, I was happy with them.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. What tires from BFG or Nitto would be similarly aggressive as the Duratrac?
I had two sets of Duratracs and found them to be good tires. I am in SoCal though. To answer your question, BF Goodrich has the KO2 and the MT. They don't have a crossover. Nitto has the Ridge Grappler for their crossover. Toyo has some as well.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Getting louder as they wear down is the norm, could feel the pads hitting the pavement through the steering wheel.
Got 60k out of my original set, liked them enough to go with them again.

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Currently running the stock Duratracs but they are not my first. Had them on my 4Runner years ago as my first offroad tires. They lasted me 3 years or so, with quite a lot of offroad miles whether it was desert high speed terrains, mild crawling, and snow runs. I did my 2000 miles Moab trip with them with a nail stuck in one of the tires, and I aired down and did the trails with no problem.

The Duras are ok, but when these stock ones go I'll be going back to Falken Wildpeak AT3/W. I had put over 10K miles on them with about 3k miles of mild to hard offroading on desert, crawling, and snow and they performed great. Treadwear was so minimal that they still looked new at 10K miles in.

Users who are viewing this thread