5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

cruz1996

Reaction score
My ramp date was 8/14. It never changed. I am supposed to pick up the truck tomorrow
Dealer called me and said my truck is showing in E status now. Idk what that is but I guess it’s moving lol

Lettika

Reaction score
Ordered on 06-20-18. D1 till yesterday. It went to JB yesterday then KZ today. Getting excited now. Someone said that when they start the build it doesn't take long and that info was spot on. Hopefully it can get from Detroit to North Carolina in a few weeks and I will be breaking in that sweet ride.

cruz1996

Reaction score
Ordered on 06-20-18. D1 till yesterday. It went to JB yesterday then KZ today. Getting excited now. Someone said that when they start the build it doesn't take long and that info was spot on. Hopefully it can get from Detroit to North Carolina in a few weeks and I will be breaking in that sweet ride.
I ordered on 9/14 a big horn blacked out package, sunroof, alpine, level 2 group led lighting and it’s now in KZ this went fast! I can’t wait till it gets here hopefully 2 more weeks

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congratulations to all the Ram folks Old and new on the ordering of their new trucks! May the Force be with ya! :)

VinnyRam

Reaction score
Hello ALL. I'm looking to order a Laramie with the off road package but I'm having problem building it on the RamTruck website. For some unknown reason, it wouldn't let me pick the leather bucket seats option with the Uconnect 4C with NAV. It defaulted to the Uconnect 4 WITHOUT the NAV. Did you guys run into this issue when you order your truck?

Last edited:

knightro84

Reaction score
Hello ALL. I'm looking to order a Laramie with the off road package but I'm having problem building it on the RamTruck website. For some unknown reason, it wouldn't let me pick the leather bucket seats option with the Uconnect 4C with NAV. It defaulted to the Uconnect 4 WITHOUT the NAV. Did you guys run into this issue when you order your truck?

In order to get the leather buckets, you have to get either the level 1 equipment, level 2 equipment, or sport appearance package.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the start of the thread it was asked about the E-locker and Limited Slip. It appears on all orders if E-locker is ordered you have the benefit of limited slip and if you order limited slip you cannot get E-locker? Is that correct in my thoughts?

knightro84

Reaction score
At the start of the thread it was asked about the E-locker and Limited Slip. It appears on all orders if E-locker is ordered you have the benefit of limited slip and if you order limited slip you cannot get E-locker? Is that correct in my thoughts?

I believe it is either one or the other - as in, if you order the e-locker your diff is open when not locked, and, if you order the limited slip you cannot order the e-locker as well.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it is either one or the other - as in, if you order the e-locker your diff is open when not locked, and, if you order the limited slip you cannot order the e-locker as well.

That was my Thinking too....Most Limited slip or Elock would only be needed in low speeds where you need it most in adverse conditions,gravel,mud,snow,rocks,creeks,sand etc.

Troop2865

Reaction score
I ordered a Bighorn with off-road package, level 2 and other options to include 3:92, larger fuel tank, and brake controller. I placed my order 8/30 and was told a VIN was assigned the following week. When I saw how fast others were getting their truck, I called to inquire. I was told there was no other information available. They told me they would call and let me know when it was built.

noanoa

Reaction score
what does it mean when you truck is "going to body vendor?"
thats what my saleswoman told me. On 9/13 i ordered a:
Limited
Level 1
basicallt everything you can get except the pano roof
its billet silver with body colored bumpers

DaYooper

Reaction score
Ok, I hope I don't regret this but I place my order on 10/9 for a Limited 4X4 with 6'4" box and regular 5.7L Hemi.

I've owned many new vehicles in my lifetime and everyone up until now has been a GM product. No major issues with any of them, I was just so disappointed with the 2019 GMC Sierra that I had to go looking elsewhere. Lot's of videos, reading, lot looking, and three test drives convinced me to take the plunge and order a Ram.

Hopefully Santa will deliver and there will be a big Delmonico Red present under the tree for me this year.

DaYooper

Reaction score
Ok, I hope I don't regret this but I place my order on 10/9 for a Limited 4X4 with 6'4" box and regular 5.7L Hemi.

I've owned many new vehicles in my lifetime and everyone up until now has been a GM product. No major issues with any of them, I was just so disappointed with the 2019 GMC Sierra that I had to go looking elsewhere. Lot's of videos, reading, lot looking, and three test drives convinced me to take the plunge and order a Ram.

Hopefully Santa will deliver and there will be a big Delmonico Red present under the tree for me this year.
Ok, is this even possible?

I placed my order on 10/9. I asked my dealer for the VON/VIN number today and they sent me a copy of the POC that shows D1 status already with an estimated ship date of 10/30.

Is the estimated ship date usually even close to accurate?

cruz1996

Reaction score
Ok, is this even possible?

I placed my order on 10/9. I asked my dealer for the VON/VIN number today and they sent me a copy of the POC that shows D1 status already with an estimated ship date of 10/30.

Is the estimated ship date usually even close to accurate?
It’s very accurate. Mine shipped exactly when it said it would

lowell3170

lowell3170
Reaction score
My estimated ship date of was 9/21, and has been in D1 since 9/1. Mine hasn't even been built yet. My order was placed 8/27.

Users who are viewing this thread