5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
I ordered a 2020 1500 Laramie with both the multifunction tailgate and bed utility group on 8/7. Not sure why you’re being told they are incompatible. May be an issue with the person at the dealer who places the others. I had that issue. Wanted the night package along with the off road package. When he tried to order it the one package became unselectable when the other was selected. So I ended up ordering the protection group and anti spin with the night package. A couple of days later I saw another dealer had one with both. Unfortunately it was too late to change my order as it was already in D1.

Did you get Level 2 Equipment group or Level 1? Did you get the Advanced Safety group as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kstod21

Reaction score
Aug 28th, ordered a 2020 Limited CC Short bed, 4x4, 5.7 e-Torque, 3.95, Patriot Blue Pearl, Body Color Bumper group, Rambox, Dual Function Tailgate, Bed Utility Group, Off-Road Group, Trailer Brake Controller, 33 gal Tank, Level 1 equipment group, Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Interesting how checking the multi-function tailgate option makes the bed utility group unavailable. Why are they incompatible?

Either FCA keeps changing the rules or you have encountered an incompetent person at the Dealer's. As you can see in my signature I ordered a lot of options and none of them cancelled out anything. I ordered on 7-25-19 and it went to D1 within a couple of days. Dealer says I should have it by early next week.

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
Ordered my 2020 Laramie 4x2 5'7" a few weeks ago.
Black, Night Package, eTorque, Level 2, Multi Tailgate, Ramboxes, 12 U Connect, Safety Group, 33 gallon, Bed Utility, Trailer Brake Controller, Pano Roof, power running boards, Anti Spin Diff, Rubber mats, air suspension, rear wheel liners. Sticker MSRP came in at $66,900 delivered.

Going to Sterling Height this month to get a factory tour and see it come off the assembly line.

kstod21

Reaction score
Black, Night Package, eTorque, Level 2, Multi Tailgate, Ramboxes, 12 U Connect, Safety Group, 33 gallon, Bed Utility, Trailer Brake Controller, Pano Roof, power running boards, Anti Spin Diff, Rubber mats, air suspension, rear wheel liners. Sticker MSRP came in at $66,900 delivered.

Going to Sterling Height this month to get a factory tour and see it come off the assembly line.
That's awesome!

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score

Great opportunity -- plant tour and see your very on truck being "born". If they let you take photos, please share some with we folks who do not have the connections that you do! :)(y)

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
Finally got my 2020 truck ordered! The dealership finally listened to me and figured out you can’t get Level 2 Equipment without selecting an eTorque engine! Now the clock starts.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Finally got my 2020 truck ordered! The dealership finally listened to me and figured out you can’t get Level 2 Equipment without selecting an eTorque engine! Now the clock starts.

Amazing how "well informed" some Dealerships are. The need to start reading the RAM forums and learn something!

Dan H

Reaction score
My order process began 1-1/2 years ago as I waited for the 2-tone and rambox options to be available together. Two-tone became available in October. When ramboxes were added in Nov., they removed the 2-tone option. Took until July for these two to order together. Was able to order 17Jul19, in 'D1' 9-days later and built 31Jul19. THEN, sat in 'I' status for over 5-weeks. Finally moved to 'J' 9/6, 'KZ' 3-days later and now sits at the New Boston Rail Yard. Dealer is optimistic that it will arrive by 9/30.

What has been an order nightmare will, hopefully soon, become a great 2020 with all options wanted except for the 6'-4" bed (which you still can't get w/ramboxes).

Longhorn w/Filigree, Two-Tone Ivory Pearl Coat, RamBoxes, 4x4, 5.7L eTorque, E-Locker, 3.92, 4-Corner Air Suspension, Level 1 Group, Safety Group, Protection Group, Bed Utility Group, 33-Gallon Tank, Uconnect 12-inch, Dual-Pane Panoramic Sunroof, Trailer Brake Control.

Attachments

• 2020 RAM RF.jpg
    2020 RAM RF.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2020 RAM LF.jpg
    2020 RAM LF.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 2020 RAM ~ RR.png
    2020 RAM ~ RR.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 2020 RAM ~ RS.png
    2020 RAM ~ RS.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 22
  • WindowSticker.pdf
    95.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
I placed my order 9/11 for my 2020 Limited. I had been waiting to order the EcoDiesel but finally decided it wasn't worth it and stuck with the eTorque Hemi.

2020 1500 Limited CC 4x4 5' 7", Hemi eTorque, 3.21 Gears, Maximum Steel, Indigo Frost Interior, Body Color Bumper Group, Bed Utility Group, Dual Function Tailgate, Anti-Spin Diff, Sunroof, Trailer Brake Control, 33 Gallon Tank, RamBox, Level 1 Group.

Attachments

• iris.jpg
    iris.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 35
  • iris (4).jpg
    iris (4).jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 37
  • iris (3).jpg
    iris (3).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
I ordered a '20 1500 Limited 4x4 with the 6'4" bed in the Patriot Blue. I stuck with the 20" wheels since I like smoother rides. But then I checked every option I could except tow package due to lack of power folding feature. Hemi eTorque, 33 gallon tank, Level 1 Group, Body color Bumper, Bed Utility Group, Offroad Package, Sunroof, and Trailer Brake Controller. Dealer was able to get it through the order process in less than 4 weeks. Love it so far. A few minor bugs in the 12" screen that bug me as a software architect, but it is still way ahead of the quality of the '15 Sierra Denali that I had.

Now I have new AT tires, A.R.E color-matched hard folding cover, mud guards, console lockbox and a Ranch Hand grille guard on the way to stick on it this week. :)

Dan H

Reaction score
Train carrier in Birmingham, AL, 9/16. Perhaps Jacksonville today for its 'mobile parking lot' ride to Ocala Dealer? Getting Close :)

Attachments

• 2020 RAM LR.jpg
    2020 RAM LR.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 17

E.Hands

Reaction score
Train carrier in Birmingham, AL, 9/16. Perhaps Jacksonville today for its 'mobile parking lot' ride to Ocala Dealer? Getting Close :)
How did you get such detailed and specific information? Ram Chat told me that my truck left on a train and they could no longer track it.

Last edited:

Dan H

Reaction score
How did you get such detailed and specific information? Ram Chat told me that my truck left on a train and they could no longer track it.
Used the 'chat' as you have and the 'customer service line' (same as chat, but on phone). However, my dealer has been providing daily 'detailed' information that the other two didn't/couldn't provide (Dealer just notified that the train is going thru Baldwin, FL, which is just a few miles West of the Jacksonville Rail Yard).

Noticed you mentioned your option of 'Deployable Bed Step' but not the 'Bed Utility Group' (D.B.S. was changed from a single option to included in the B.U.T. when I ordered mine 7/17/19).

E.Hands

Reaction score
Yahoo! Sounds like yours is almost there! Hopefully mine is still moving in this direction.
I told the salesman I wanted the DBS and he said they would get it through the parts department. He also promised it would have the in console, CD player. Even if they had to order it separately.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
I placed my order 9/11 for my 2020 Limited. I had been waiting to order the EcoDiesel but finally decided it wasn't worth it and stuck with the eTorque Hemi.

2020 1500 Limited CC 4x4 5' 7", Hemi eTorque, 3.21 Gears, Maximum Steel, Indigo Frost Interior, Body Color Bumper Group, Bed Utility Group, Dual Function Tailgate, Anti-Spin Diff, Sunroof, Trailer Brake Control, 33 Gallon Tank, RamBox, Level 1 Group.
Got the VIN and VON from my dealer today. My sales guy was out earlier this week so I don't know which actual day it showed up but I confirmed it is in D1 status. Need the next bunch of weeks to fly by now.

Users who are viewing this thread