5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Hey Circle K, Congrats, the wait is over. For an old guy like me it is taking time to learn how to turn on and turn off all of the selectable electronics, let alone how to use them. How about the bed step -- missing? Again, congrats.
Got mine today, no bed step. Disappointing. Dealer is going to try and figure out what is going on.

kstod21

Reaction score
Was the step there?
no but I told them I was aware of the pending recall and parts shortage and asked for them to put in writing that they would install when it became available at no cost additional cost to me (since it was supposed to be included in the BUG). They obliged.

kstod21

Reaction score
I'm loving the tailgate. I knew I would like it but didn't realize just how useful it really is! The first time I had to get some items out of the tailgate, the swing-out was the better way to get them. Just awesome!

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
I'm loving the tailgate. I knew I would like it but didn't realize just how useful it really is! The first time I had to get some items out of the tailgate, the swing-out was the better way to get them. Just awesome!

Knew you would love the tailgate -- I concur completely. You might want to remove "On Order" from your signature. Cheers

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
What is status code KZP?

My truck:

JB - 9/26 body vendor...I assume for spray in bed liner.
KZM - on 9/28
KZP - ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
So what does that mean? It “arrived at shipping”? Back at the factory? Still hasn’t headed to Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe it means it was sent to the shipping area where vehicles are waiting to be loaded on rail cars. When you get KZM it will mean first rail departure. If in doubt, call RAM Chat.

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
I believe it means it was sent to the shipping area where vehicles are waiting to be loaded on rail cars. When you get KZM it will mean first rail departure. If in doubt, call RAM Chat.

That is what is strange to me...My salesman said it was at KZM last week now it is at KZP? Ram chat just says KZ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x2
- 5.7 HEMI eTorque 3.92 rear end
- Patriot Blue

Last edited:

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
That is what is strange to me...My salesman said it was at KZM last week now it is at KZP? Ram chat just says KZ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x2
- 5.7 HEMI eTorque 3.92 rear end
- Patriot Blue
Your salesmen and his manager should know more than both of us since they have direct communication with the factory. I would politely lean them to get you the clarification you deserve.

kstod21

Reaction score
no but I told them I was aware of the pending recall and parts shortage and asked for them to put in writing that they would install when it became available at no cost additional cost to me (since it was supposed to be included in the BUG). They obliged.
Just got an email from the dealership. My bed step is in (under 2 weeks) and ready for install.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
scheduled for install Oct. 28th...you may still beat me to getting it on the truck!
Doubt if I’ll beat you in the install. After 2 tries at contacting my fleet sales manager after I read your post, he checked and said it had arrived and was surprised l had not been called. I talk to them Monday for the install date. I am always concerned they’ll butcher the job, especially since they probably have little or no experience in doing it. Thanks for the update.

Ram Ski - SLT

Reaction score
10/04/2019 - Ordered
10/10/2019 - D
10/15/2019 - D1

2020 1500 Rebel CC 4x4
5' 7" w/ Rambox and MFT
New 3.0 L ECODIESEL V6
Maximum Steel/Diamond Black,
Black Interior
Level 2 Equipment Group
Rebel 12