5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
Mine is D1 and scheduled ship date of 09/27!

2020 Ram Laramie Sport 4x2
5.7 HEMI eTorque
Level 2 Equipment Package
Advanced Safety Group
Bed Utility
3.92 w/limited slip
Trailer Break Controller
Power Running Boards
12” UConnect
Patriot Blue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x2
- 5.7 HEMI eTorque
- Patriot Blue

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
Great opportunity -- plant tour and see your very on truck being "born". If they let you take photos, please share some with we folks who do not have the connections that you do! :)(y)

Went to SHAP today to see my 1500 Laramie get built. Incredible factory. The automation and cleanliness was very high. High quality product comes from this place. 21B25831-F234-4AA2-8756-BA5684453F00.jpeg

Attachments

• D0CD5B6C-51D6-4052-A347-5AEF51552F50.jpeg
    D0CD5B6C-51D6-4052-A347-5AEF51552F50.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 52

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
I do. I've been for a tour of the Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga and would say this plant it just as high tech as the much newer and recently built VW plant. The VW building is more modern but what is in the building is on par. The investment in robots and optical equipment to check for defects is amazing. The focus on worker safety and motion ergonomics is world class. They adapt the line for the workers benefit, safely and fatigue. Tilting the bodies 1/4 so the assemblers do not have to bend or over reach as a example. Very well lit, clean, air is clean, not dusty or dirty (for a factory).

The logistics/planning that go in an assembly plant is off the chart. Most Just In Time.

This plant only makes the New 1500. There is still the Warren plant that makes the old style 1500 still. And 2 plants in Mexico that make the 1500, 2500,3500. 1500 for other than US market.

They production plan for yesterdays first 8 hour shift was greater than 670 vehicles, they were off by 30 or so . 2 shifts per day. 1200-1300 units per day, 6 days a week plus some Sundays. Come to approx 375,000 trucks a year. Awesome!

Very impressive.

Did not go into paint. Body shop is highly automated, mostly robot welding going on. I sight to see.

The management at FCA is world class, they know what they are doing. Very forward looking and not stuck in the past. New innovations in the pipeline. Hold on..........

IMG_4485.JPG

IMG_4491.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4497.JPG

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
To add. EVERY truck goes thru an indoor test track. Checking motor, trans, but mostly looking for rattles, squeaks, vibrations. Rigorous tests in soundproof building checking for loose components, parts left behind etc.... Kind of a torture test to listen for defects. There is not sampling on finished trucks, EACH one gets tested.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To add. EVERY truck goes thru an indoor test track. Checking motor, trans, but mostly looking for rattles, squeaks, vibrations. Rigorous tests in soundproof building checking for loose components, parts left behind etc.... Kind of a torture test to listen for defects. There is not sampling on finished trucks, EACH one gets tested.

And they don't fix them cause they get to the dealer. :ROFLMAO:

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
They do fix what they find. What happens in transit........../
Great report and I have no doubt that it is most impressive. But even with all of that they did not install my bed step with my Bed Utility Group and only sent me one key instead of 2 for the bed separator. No matter how modern and automated the system, it still depends on the thoroughness of the operators. Thanks again for sharing, you had a super experience. Wish I could have been there with you. Cheers.

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
Interesting that you say that. I do not have the bed step as well. They told me that if you get the MFT you do not get the step.

Did the dealer install the step for you?

They gave me the build sheets, these are the printouts that are put on the vehicle for each area of the factory as it make its progress thru the line.
Tere are 18 different printouts that get put on the vehicle.

Mine has "No" for Bed Step. So the system told the workers to not install the step, not that the workers forgot to put it on.

I asked and the plant manager told me that it is not included with the MFT. I did question it.

Love to know what you found out.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Interesting that you say that. I do not have the bed step as well. They told me that if you get the MFT you do not get the step.

Did the dealer install the step for you?

They gave me the build sheets, these are the printouts that are put on the vehicle for each area of the factory as it make its progress thru the line.
Tere are 18 different printouts that get put on the vehicle.

Mine has "No" for Bed Step. So the system told the workers to not install the step, not that the workers forgot to put it on.

I asked and the plant manager told me that it is not included with the MFT. I did question it.

Love to know what you found out.

The only news I have from the Dealer so far is that they ordered the bed step last week. Will let you know when I hear more. Thought I would wait until the end of this week to check with them. Thanks.

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
According to FCA website. Step not available until Spring 2020. Small footnote.

Not good.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Got the VIN and VON from my dealer today. My sales guy was out earlier this week so I don't know which actual day it showed up but I confirmed it is in D1 status. Need the next bunch of weeks to fly by now.
Mine was built late last week and entered KZ status yesterday. So now the fun long wait begins. Hopefully getting it before the end of the month.

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
My order hit KZM on 9/28. Can’t wait to finally get it!

- 5.7 HEMI eTorque 3.92 rear end
- Patriot Blue

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
My order hit KZM on 9/28. Can’t wait to finally get it!

- 5.7 HEMI eTorque 3.92 rear end
- Patriot Blue
Congratulations, KZM = First Rail Departure. Depending on where you are geographically, this can be the beginning of a longer than hoped for wait time. Let's hope you get yours soon. Cheers.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Mine was built late last week and entered KZ status yesterday. So now the fun long wait begins. Hopefully getting it before the end of the month.
Well that was faster than expected. Already at the dealer this afternoon. Picking it up tomorrow! Dealer said it was the 2nd fastest he has ever seen an order come in. 21 days from placing the order to being at the dealership!

Users who are viewing this thread