5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

JayMann

Reaction score
I was just informed by my local dealer that Ram is not taking build orders for the remainder of the year. Something about trying to push out 2018 models. They will begin taking orders again in early Jan 2019. Anyone else hearing this?

YIKES! that sucks - I guess I'm not purchasing a RAM (if I don't go Chevy) until January since it's impossible to find one with the 4x4 pkg on the lot. This'll be nice to not have to worry about during the rest of December. Gives me time to get more of my ducks in a row.

scourson22

Reaction score
My order for a Rebel was placed by my dealership on 12/7. I received my VIN 12/11. As far as I was told, they were still taking orders at that time. But, as we all know, that could have changed at a moments notice.

mxracer32

Reaction score
Interesting. I was going to inquire about a build at my local dealership. How much did everyone put down to start the build process? I never ordered a vehicle before.

mxracer32

Reaction score
That’s if? Wow I thought it would be $2k or something.

Reason I ask is I receive money from an annuity every January, and my
Bonus from work I n February. Both together is the amount of The truck. I’m thinking about taking advantage of the 0% financing available this month, ordering a truck then sticking the liquid funds I would normally buy the truck for cash, into a high yield savings account and let it earn interest while I make monthly payments. I just wasn’t sure what dealers required for a build. That doesn’t seem Bad at all!

JayMann

Reaction score
yep - it's not too bad. that's how my previous factory ordered car worked as well

professorwest

Reaction score
Hello all! I ordered mine on 12/15 - A limited 4x4 with 5.7 eTorque - color match bumpers, 33 gallon fuel, brake control, bed step, anti-slip, pano roof, 22" wheels, and of course Equip 1.

I'll tell you all about my journey sometime and the deal I got. Now trying to figure out when a reasonable ETA will be.

Thanks and Merry Christmas all

Aquitaine

Reaction score
Ordered a Laramie 4x2 Crew cab on 12/22. Here in Austin there is no deposit ("unless you order it in pink, or something") since they just sell so many of these things in TX. They didn't say anything about not taking orders for 2019s but we also haven't asked for an update yet nor heard anything since.

Straycat

Reaction score
Ordered Bighorn Quad 12/10, in D1 on 12/17, KZ on 12/24, Scheduled delivery date of 01/03/19. Ordered Nav, Level 2, 5.7, Buckets, Wheel liners, 20 inch chrome wheels, anti spin, trailer controller

professorwest

Reaction score
I called just before Christmas and with my order on 12/15 - Mine is on preproduction and it has a VIN # now. They estimated 10-12 weeks from order date.

Stasek

Reaction score
Has anyone heard when they are getting V6 Laramies on the lots? I haven’t seen any within 150 miles of NJ.
Not sure if you’re still looking, but I FINALLY found few V6 Laramies within 150 miles from Chicago (Madison, WI). If the inventory doesn’t improve soon, I’ll just have to order one.

Ripple

Reaction score
Ordered on 12-24-18, VIN number assigned, but build has not started. Hoping this gets done by middle of February.

1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, 5'7" box
5.7L Hemi MDS
Sport appearance package - max steel color
RamBox
Trailer Tow Group
Level 1 equip group
Anti slip diff

PHANTUMRAM

Reaction score
Hey guys.My understanding was that the 2019 rams weren't selling well so they kept building the gen 4 rams for a while and adding the CLASSIC label to the them. Ive seen quite a few of theM in dealerships in south jersey.Some have hemis and some have v6s.We just bought our 2019 blacked out version hemi ram from Turnersville ram,in Turnersville n.j.They had quite a assortment of gen5 and gen4 rams.I know they were trying to push the v6 rams.The classic rams seemed to be more expensive, now then in the past.Our hemi ram comes in the blacked out verion,all chrome blacked out,blacked out rims etc..It has 275/55 mags kindof cragerish,4x4,3.21 rear gears,sirious satellite,dual climate contols,dual blacked out exhaust.And more computer stuff with the big computer screen then we know what to do with!lol!The truck drives great is fast and is very comfortable we even have a CD player!Its the BIGHORN edition.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys.My understanding was that the 2019 rams weren't selling well so they kept building the gen 4 rams for a while and adding the CLASSIC label to the them. Ive seen quite a few of theM in dealerships in south jersey.Some have hemis and some have v6s.We just bought our 2019 blacked out version hemi ram from Turnersville ram,in Turnersville n.j.They had quite a assortment of gen5 and gen4 rams.I know they were trying to push the v6 rams.The classic rams seemed to be more expensive, now then in the past.Our hemi ram comes in the blacked out verion,all chrome blacked out,blacked out rims etc..It has 275/55 mags kindof cragerish,4x4,3.21 rear gears,sirious satellite,dual climate contols,dual blacked out exhaust.And more computer stuff with the big computer screen then we know what to do with!lol!The truck drives great is fast and is very comfortable we even have a CD player!Its the BIGHORN edition.
Yeah...that’s not the case at all (the “not selling well” comment). You’ll find much more info on the retooling of Warren and other factors that have kept the ‘classic’ trucks in production with some searching on this forum and/or HDRams.com.

Jro

Reaction score
Posted this in the other thread, but seems to belong here too. Was told you cannot currently option a Longhorn with ORP (also not available on Limited or Laramie), and two tone paint is not available currently.

jasonsrmail

Reaction score
Ordered mine end of October and still don't have a delivery date scheduled. It's been in Trim for the last couple weeks. With that said, I heard the plant was closed from January 1st - 13th. Hopefully they'll get it going again soon. I was told by the dealer I should have it by the end of the year. We'll, now i'm hoping for the end of January at least. That will be 12 weeks...

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still trying to get my order in and still being rejected in the configuration I want.

First time around on Jan 5... ORG not available.

Second time today Jan 14... dealer says ORG can be ordered but not with Hemi eTorque. Odd.

Creep0321

Reaction score
Still trying to get my order in and still being rejected in the configuration I want.

First time around on Jan 5... ORG not available.

Second time today Jan 14... dealer says ORG can be ordered but not with Hemi eTorque. Odd.
Skip the eTorque? Save 1500ish?

Users who are viewing this thread