5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Walked into a dealership to inquire about the Rebel they had 2 in stock. However they didn't have some of the options that I would like to have. I inquired about the Rebel 12 package. How a sales rep and a sales manager not know anything about the Rebel 12 package. How can you sale something if you don't know what you are selling.

Humans follow the path of least resistance! The same way many people didn't do their homework in school, for many people working at a dealership, they may not know if they didn't read up.

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
My New Lone Star has been ordered !!! I have a VON waiting on VIN.

Huge THANKS to Chris Ingram at Patterson DCJRF of Wichita Falls TEXAS !!! Solid Salesman that made it Easy !!!

2019 Ram 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab 6'4" Box
Granite Chrystal
Black / Diesel Gray Bucket Seats

5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
4x4 Off Road
3.21 Gear Ratio
Trailer Brake Control
33 Gallon Fuel Tank
Big Horn Level 2 Equip. Group
Bed Utility Group
Wheel to Wheel Side Steps
Rear Under Seat Compartment Storage
Front & Rear Rubber Floor Mats

MODS:
Upon Arrival or When Available

Ceramic Tint 20%
Black Ram Badges
Black Front Grill & Bumper
Black Step Up Bumper
Bed Divider
Retractable Tonneau Cover

Wish me Luck on the Wait !!! Hoping for a Christmas Miracle or New Year Suprise.... But, for right now... Just happy to get to this point...

Zmoney

Reaction score
Finally picked up truck. Just over 7 weeks from order to delivery.... now what running boards should I add?...

Attachments

• BAE87A2C-A335-4732-B224-B79600917969.jpeg
    BAE87A2C-A335-4732-B224-B79600917969.jpeg
    702.3 KB · Views: 55

Henry conklin

Reaction score
2019 Granite Laramie Crew Cab 5 1/2 short bed, order date 4/19/18
w/ 5.7L e-torque, Buckets, Level 1, Chrome Grp, 33 Gal, Trailer Tow Grp,
3.92, 20" wheels & E_locker.
No clue when I will see this truck!!
Understand it's in D status

Welfare357

Reaction score
Ordered 10-27-18

2019 RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 5'7" RAMBOX
Billet Silver Metallic Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
Black Premium Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
RamBox® Cargo Management System
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
20.0-Inch x 9.0-Inch Polished Wheels
Level 1 Equipment Group
33-Gallon Fuel Tank
Bed Utility Group
Trailer Brake Control

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ordered 10-27-18

2019 RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X4 5'7" RAMBOX
Billet Silver Metallic Clear-Coat Exterior Paint
Black Premium Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
RamBox® Cargo Management System
5.7-Liter V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
20.0-Inch x 9.0-Inch Polished Wheels
Level 1 Equipment Group
33-Gallon Fuel Tank
Bed Utility Group
Trailer Brake Control
Identicle build to my truck! I did get the Off Road Group but I sort of regret that. I may be happy later if the skid plates save me a repair charge. I lost 1 level of air suspension lift height though.

Welfare357

Reaction score
Identicle build to my truck! I did get the Off Road Group but I sort of regret that. I may be happy later if the skid plates save me a repair charge. I lost 1 level of air suspension lift height though.
Nice. My truck now has the Protection Group, but it never sees anything rougher than mining roads. We use ATVs for hunting and rides in the mountains. So i opted not getting the Off Road Group.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score

ordered my truck with the off road package due the fact i couldn't tell you how many snow covered job sites
i have been on - heard a loud thud under the truck - hoping nothing got hurt. (lumber / rebar / i-joists etc.) just can't see under the snow. bottom line for me - under carriage protection is well worth it(y)

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
Walked into a dealership to inquire about the Rebel they had 2 in stock. However they didn't have some of the options that I would like to have. I inquired about the Rebel 12 package. How a sales rep and a sales manager not know anything about the Rebel 12 package. How can you sale something if you don't know what you are selling.

I had the exact same experience. I must have visited 4 different dealerships and got the same responses, even to the point that some were argumentative, “no you can’t get a 12” screen in a Rebel, I work here I know”.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the exact same experience. I must have visited 4 different dealerships and got the same responses, even to the point that some were argumentative, “no you can’t get a 12” screen in a Rebel, I work here I know”.
They are aware. They plead ignorance because they realize they are stuck with Rebels in stock. They want you to buy what they are selling.

MikeHoncho

Reaction score
I am willing to do without the 12" screen. Its a want and not a must have. Want thing I do not want is the air suspension. I had a real bad experience with it in the past. Its an expensive option, and can get costly down the road if you are out of warranty. So I went to a dealer today and all their Rebels were equipped with. Sales guy tried really hard for me to go with what they had in stock. I choose to walk away. If I am going to spend this kind of cash on a truck I want to be like I want it to be. I am willing to compromise here and there such as the screen, or spray in Bed liner. I will find the right one eventually.

19Jake

Reaction score
Just traded a '17 Raptor 801 SCab for a Rebel 12...awesome deal...$6700 refund. Although Raptor's a unique beast, Rebel impressed me. Raptor had a couple of real minor issues + I never really liked the EcoBoost...glad to be back in a V8. I'll miss the steering wheel & console shift.
Canadian build : sunroof, blind spot/crosspath
Screenshot (40)_edited.jpg Screenshot (43)_edited.jpg Screenshot (44)_edited.jpg rap.jpg

Last edited:

Mike67

Reaction score
11/02 and the eTorque and Ramboxes are orderable again.
I was able to get a VON for my order today with both.
Originally tried to order on 9/22

Delmonico Red/ Black interior
Limted 4x4
eTorque
Rambox
Off-Road Group
Advanced Safety Group
Pano Roof
33 Gallon Tank
Body Color Bumper Group
Bed Utility Group
Trailer Brake Control

RAM 4times

Reaction score
11/02 and the eTorque and Ramboxes are orderable again.
I was able to get a VON for my order today with both.
Originally tried to order on 9/22

Delmonico Red/ Black interior
Limted 4x4
eTorque
Rambox
Off-Road Group
Advanced Safety Group
Pano Roof
33 Gallon Tank
Body Color Bumper Group
Bed Utility Group
Trailer Brake Control
well now that you got over the hardest part, waiting to be able to order what you wanted. back in march i had to wait another month before the ivory tri-coat was available to order. hope the wait isn't too long.

Daniel

Reaction score
Ordered it on sept 10th got it on oct 25th: Big Horn, 5.7 no e-torq, 392 diff, e-locker, air suspension, level 2, 26 gallon tank, front seat bench, no sun roof, no bed liner, tow package, no side steps , i ordered it this way to get the most payload witch is 1857 on my yellow sticker witch is very good so if you deduct 7100 - my registration weight 5033=2066 real payload.

Attachments

Last edited:

art1C6Limited

Reaction score
Would you mind expounding on why/how youy lost 1 level of suspension height? I too have a Limited with only 4 suspension heights available and no one knows why. I've had it less than a month and it's going in to the dealer for a checkout for this reason. Thank you kindly.

knightro84

Reaction score
I believe if you have the off-road group, since you are already 1" higher than non-ORG trucks, you only have one lift setting above normal (for total of 2" of lift), where non-ORG trucks have 2 (1" and 2").

Non-ORG air settings: entry/exit, aero, normal, OR1, OR2
ORG air settings: entry/exit, aero, normal, OR1 - presumably these are all 1" higher than non-ORG trucks.

art1C6Limited

Reaction score
Hmm. I did NOT know that... and evidently the service techs at my local dealership don't either. I guess I will use my dealership appointment to discuss "other" things that have cropped up since. Thank you so much for the reply!!

VinnyRam

Reaction score
I believe if you have the off-road group, since you are already 1" higher than non-ORG trucks, you only have one lift setting above normal (for total of 2" of lift), where non-ORG trucks have 2 (1" and 2").

Non-ORG air settings: entry/exit, aero, normal, OR1, OR2
ORG air settings: entry/exit, aero, normal, OR1 - presumably these are all 1" higher than non-ORG trucks.
I also heard somewhere on here that the Off Road Group kills the active air dam... Can someone confirm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/