5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 orders - Tell Us About Yours!

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
I have no complaints. Truck is amazing and drive very very well. Extremely quiet in the cabin and the V8 sounds great when the window is down. I love the sunroof and also the off road package. Sits a litter higher and the faulkens look great with the 20in rims. The black paint has a sparkle to it and the Chrome looks awesome. I like the 6ft bed and the tonneau cover is very sturdy and fits well. Much better tonneau cover then my weather tech cover I had. Spray in bed liner is nice also. I wouldn't get anything besides the spray in liner.

the first statement you made "i have no complaints"- i just spit red wine on myself. lol. the off road package is a must and will be ordered. because u have nothing else to do ;) if you get a chance, take some pics and post your thoughts on the protective package on the under carriage. i have the spray in bedlinen and will once again order when i build mine. the sunroof and quad cab look very similar to the size of my 2013. once again .... looking forward to your post as the miles add up.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have no complaints. Truck is amazing and drive very very well. Extremely quiet in the cabin and the V8 sounds great when the window is down. I love the sunroof and also the off road package. Sits a litter higher and the faulkens look great with the 20in rims. The black paint has a sparkle to it and the Chrome looks awesome. I like the 6ft bed and the tonneau cover is very sturdy and fits well. Much better tonneau cover then my weather tech cover I had. Spray in bed liner is nice also. I wouldn't get anything besides the spray in liner.

Very glad to hear you took delivery - it looks great! Wishing you many happy miles!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the first statement you made "i have no complaints"- i just spit red wine on myself. lol. the off road package is a must and will be ordered. because u have nothing else to do ;) if you get a chance, take some pics and post your thoughts on the protective package on the under carriage. i have the spray in bedlinen and will once again order when i build mine. the sunroof and quad cab look very similar to the size of my 2013. once again .... looking forward to your post as the miles add up.
Hahah! I was just under my truck I saw the skid plates. Ill post some more pictures Thursday. Tomorrow I work 16hrs.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered a Limited CC 4x4
Rambox 5'7" bed
5.7 with E-Torque
Off Road Group
3.92 axle w/e-locker
Level 1 Equip Group
Dual Pano Sunroof
Tri-Fold Bedcover
33 gal tank
Trailer Brake Control

Fully loaded except the Towing Group which deletes the 360 view feature. No thanks.

I thought the Bed Utility Goup was included and didn't spec it. Big mistake. The dealer claims they can't change it now...even though the order isn't scheduled. The bed gets a sprayed liner. Does anyone know how difficult it to install the Bed Utility Group after the fact?

Limited

Reaction score

Ranchram

Reaction score
With ramboxes I think you may also lose the divider/bed extender when you do not have the bed utility group.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Limited models already include the bed liner and bed lights so the only thing the bed utility group adds is the utility rails on the sides of the bed. You can buy the utility rails online for $218 and they just bolt on.

Link to the best price I have found for the kit: https://moparonlineparts.com/mobile/1500-pickup-utility-rails-p-8700.html

Installation instructions: https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/pim/media?id=9432517345310

Thanks for the info. I'll read the instructions.

From what I understand, on the Rambox trucks there is a bed divider plus 4 strap hooks per side in addition to the rails with the Bed Utility Group.

My concern is whether the spray in bedliner is done before or after the Bed Utility Group from the factory. Probably before...just not sure.

The dealer has agreed to the install and parts at invoice pricing of the option.

Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
To anyone who has got their truck and hasn't done so...be sure to post in member truck section of 5th Gen forums...put your trim, cab, bed, and engine in the title, maybe even your rear gear as that has become a topic, and any package (off road, sport appearance, etc.)

It gets hard to keep up to what everyone is getting if you aren't able to read through the poats daily.

An it will give you a place to check back in on what you have doNE or experienced about your own truck easily.

Thank you.

immersivenc

Reaction score
That truck looks awesome. Glad to see another Off-Road Package. That is by far my favorite color right now.

I'm not a red guy traditionally, but the Delmonico just spoke to me and I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on it. It's just awesome in person. One of the surprises for me (maybe I just wasn't paying attention) is the All Terrain tires you get with the ORG. There was another Limited being delivered right behind mine, same color and everything that had the standard tires. The AT tires looked much better on this thing.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I logged on for a status update. "All of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon. ETA- to be determined." I placed the order the first week of May. Patience.
Still waiting on my truck ordered the first week a May. It’s been in paint for two weeks now.

DSPS

Reaction score
I'm not a red guy traditionally, but the Delmonico just spoke to me and I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on it. It's just awesome in person. One of the surprises for me (maybe I just wasn't paying attention) is the All Terrain tires you get with the ORG. There was another Limited being delivered right behind mine, same color and everything that had the standard tires. The AT tires looked much better on this thing.
A/T look better than standard tires - AGREED.

jackson

Reaction score
I have been in JB status for two weeks as of today. It was built on the 7th. It states " Ingate REbay Sterling Heights" I called RAM customer service and they agreed to "escalate" what ever that means. Three months seems like a reasonable amount of time to order and then get a vehicle. My 2013 RAM took 8 weeks. I have etorque and rambox on mine. Anyone got any ideas of what the hold up is?

Users who are viewing this thread