2019 Ram roar or humming noise

ted esquer

Reaction score
I purchased a 2019 Ram pickup in September and started humming and roaring very loud does anybody have a solution for this problem I've taken it to the dealer they can't replicate the noise so I guess I'm * out of luck wish I never bought this truck even though I love the heck out of it

KRField

Reaction score
I purchased a 2019 Ram pickup in September and started humming and roaring very loud does anybody have a solution for this problem I've taken it to the dealer they can't replicate the noise so I guess I'm * out of luck wish I never bought this truck even though I love the heck out of it
Is it a Bighorn with the base 6 six speaker radio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CALIRAM

Reaction score
When does the noise occur?

mike0012

Reaction score
I had similar issue and found it to be from the nose cancellation system. The dealer updated the software and haven't had an issue since.

Hassman

Reaction score
Mine makes a nice roar / rumble while coasting with MDS on when it starts to engine brake in 4cyl mode. But that’s somewhat normal for funny noises in MDS.

Patpenrod

Reaction score
Im having three same issue. Comes on really bad around 2k rpms then goes away after a few seconds. I was thinking active noise cancelling issue but mine was built only 2 months ago, seems like others here have had the issue long ago and had the programming updated to fix the problem. Wouldn't my new build already have this update? It's so bad ive considered doing the noise cancellation bypass discussed in these forums.

Patsy1099

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Im having three same issue. Comes on really bad around 2k rpms then goes away after a few seconds. I was thinking active noise cancelling issue but mine was built only 2 months ago, seems like others here have had the issue long ago and had the programming updated to fix the problem. Wouldn't my new build already have this update? It's so bad ive considered doing the noise cancellation bypass discussed in these forums.
You would think lol. Best way for people to narrow this down is to remove the ANC as a possible issue. The module exists under your driver’s seat. Simple unplug the large wiring harness. Takes two seconds. You won’t have any radio/sound while you’re doing this. Drive around. If you’re problem is gone, it’s the ANC. The dealer must either replace the module, update the software or both. If it’s not the ANC and you still have the noise at least you and the dealer know.

Pocho

Reaction score
Until they recall, drive in the tow/haul mode, it stops immediately.
It also stops above 70 mph.

Patpenrod

Reaction score
Until they recall, drive in the tow/haul mode, it stops immediately.
It also stops above 70 mph.
Not mine, i was towing our 8k lb travel trailer in tow/haul mode and it was driving me insane! Almost always between 1900 and 2100rpm.

RTIF

Reaction score
Not mine, i was towing our 8k lb travel trailer in tow/haul mode and it was driving me insane! Almost always between 1900 and 2100rpm.
The noise is caused by the noise cancellation system in the truck. The deslership may be able to take care of it by flashing the radio. However, this will also occur after the installation of after market speakers or additional amplifier. If that is the case the trucks noise cancellation system will have to be disabled. Not hard to do and the cabin noise does not increase by much either. Please post which is your situation and if its the latter of the two i will advise on which wires to cut on the amp to correct your problem.

Another way to verify that it is the trucks noise cancellation system is by opening the windows while driving the truck and if it goes away you have your answer.

Benji80

Reaction score
Happened to mine. Have your dealer update the anc..took care of the issue for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)