5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM LARAMIE 4X4 OFF ROAD

mjharden

Reaction score
Previous Ecodiesel owner here! Put a 4" suspension lift on it, and it made it unbearable to drive (drivetrain vibration)!! Went to a Tacoma TRD Off Road two years ago. Nice little truck, but way underpowered. So now, back to RAM! No suspension lift for me this time. Ordered 4x4 Off Road package. Figured 1" of lift and all-terrain tires will satisfy me for awhile...

Ordered around 3/4 week of May, and window sticker was posted online yesterday. Not sure how long from there until I get my truck. Not really impatient, as much as frustrated because I sold my Tacoma in 1 day. Having an 8 year old that goes to camp and plays travel baseball, and a wife with only vehicle is a pain!

Ordered Laramie 4x4 package, maximum steel metallic, chrome package, light frost/mountain beige leather bucket seats, with level 2 equip. group.

ryelinek

Reaction score
Previous Ecodiesel owner here! Put a 4" suspension lift on it, and it made it unbearable to drive (drivetrain vibration)!! Went to a Tacoma TRD Off Road two years ago. Nice little truck, but way underpowered. So now, back to RAM! No suspension lift for me this time. Ordered 4x4 Off Road package. Figured 1" of lift and all-terrain tires will satisfy me for awhile...

Ordered around 3/4 week of May, and window sticker was posted online yesterday. Not sure how long from there until I get my truck. Not really impatient, as much as frustrated because I sold my Tacoma in 1 day. Having an 8 year old that goes to camp and plays travel baseball, and a wife with only vehicle is a pain!

Ordered Laramie 4x4 package, maximum steel metallic, chrome package, light frost/mountain beige leather bucket seats, with level 2 equip. group.

Wow if you ordered towards the end of May and already have a Window Sticker that’s awesome. FAST build and I’d say you got lucky.

Congrats on the order and you will LOVE the new truck.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I ordered a Laramie w/off road package, chrome package etc on 4/8/16. As of today I still dont have it.
I traded in my ecodiesel for this.

mjharden

Reaction score
Wow if you ordered towards the end of May and already have a Window Sticker that’s awesome. FAST build and I’d say you got lucky.

Congrats on the order and you will LOVE the new truck.

Thanks! You just can't beat the interiors on these things. People just don't realize just how nice they are. We've owned Mercedes, BMW...the interiors on these things are like a luxury SUV...if you're in to that sort of thing. It's kind of like prime beef, once you have it it's hard to go back to choice ;-)

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! You just can't beat the interiors on these things. People just don't realize just how nice they are. We've owned Mercedes, BMW...the interiors on these things are like a luxury SUV...if you're in to that sort of thing. It's kind of like prime beef, once you have it it's hard to go back to choice ;-)
Yes, the interiors are awesome. This is my 3rd Ram.

mjharden

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie w/off road package, chrome package etc on 4/8/16. As of today I still dont have it.
I traded in my ecodiesel for this.

Wow, sorry to hear that...I'm sure that's frustrating! Hoping some kinks got worked out on the production line, and things are moving along a little quicker now. Did you order the Ehybrid? Mine's just a regular 5.7 Hemi.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If it weren't for the interior, which really goes well beyond anything offered in a truck previously, I'd probably take a five-figure discount on an F-150. But once we sat in the Longhorn, our decision was made.

mjharden

Reaction score
If it weren't for the interior, which really goes well beyond anything offered in a truck previously, I'd probably take a five-figure discount on an F-150. But once we sat in the Longhorn, our decision was made.

Haha, yeah, my wife and I went and looked at the F-150...we just couldn't do it. Interior just doesn't come close. Interested to see what the new Silverado looks like inside.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear that...I'm sure that's frustrating! Hoping some kinks got worked out on the production line, and things are moving along a little quicker now. Did you order the Ehybrid? Mine's just a regular 5.7 Hemi.[/QUOTE

No I just ordered the regular Hemi. I don't like the e-torque because of the stop and start features and many other reasons. Plus no one knows how they are going to be. Not a single person on here has had a chance to drive one etc. Way to new for me

ryelinek

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, my wife and I went and looked at the F-150...we just couldn't do it. Interior just doesn't come close. Interested to see what the new Silverado looks like inside.

The new Silverado and Sierra look just like the old Silverado and Sierra for the most part.

It’s kinda crazy how little they did. Yes they made changes but they are no where near the level of these 5th Gen Rams.

mjharden

Reaction score
Welcome @mjharden

Glad to have you here and can't wait to hear how you like the off road package.

Will you be doing any offroading?

Thanks! No, not really. My 8yo has a KLX 110 dirt bike, so we'll go to the track, and the occasional soybean field. I mostly just like the more aggressive look! I'm 41, so not a kid, but not old enough yet for the old man truck ;-)

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome, I myself am forty and my youngest is 5. We spend 80 percent of our time off main roads...not necessarily "off roading" though.

He is anxiously awaiting the next truck and it will have the off road package and I can already hear him saying "hit that dirt road, we got an Elocker to try out.!"

Also, glad to hear you did look at other trucks and still went with the Ram.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Awesome, I myself am forty and my youngest is 5. We spend 80 percent of our time off main roads...not necessarily "off roading" though.

He is anxiously awaiting the next truck and it will have the off road package and I can already hear him saying "hit that dirt road, we got an Elocker to try out.!"

Would you suggest using the e-locker when driving in the snow?

mjharden

Reaction score

Haha, that's awesome! My son wouldn't even know what an Elocker is! Yeah man, me and my family are a little boujee, so we had to go with the luxury interior!

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha, that's awesome! My son wouldn't even know what an Elocker is! Yeah man, me and my family are a little boujee, so we had to go with the luxury interior!
Its like driving a cadillac with a bed attached. I love it

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I would. As it kicks out at 10mph you wouldn't have worry about any change in your normal driving style.

The Elocker will suit us well backing in our camper into some of the more rustic camp sites we go to.

Although, I have heard the ford guys say they never use there's...we will be using ours alot...and if we go with the Powerwagon when the dust settles we will be using both.

Sorry for the high jack.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@alacombe Not the expert here, but you really only need in controlled situations (slow) when you don't want rear wheels to slip...boat ramps, perhaps the snow, etc.
Thanks! I heard it disengages after like 25-30mph? Not sure if thats true or not.

mjharden

Reaction score
Thanks! I heard it disengages after like 25-30mph? Not sure if thats true or not.

You might be right. I certainly wouldn't try to do any hard turning though with it engaged, you might break something!

Users who are viewing this thread