5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2wd V6 with 3.5" lift and 35s

Landram

Reaction score
Just wanted to put some information out there for those that are looking to put a lift on a 3.6l ram. I went with the 3.5" Ready Lift and 35x12.50R20 Hankook AT2s. 6mm spacer on the front end. Rides like a dream. Gas mileage dropped significantly on the highway. I was getting mid 20s now Im averaging 15-18 both in town and on highway depending on how I drive. Zero issues with rubbing and a minimal loss in power even with 3.21gears. I absolutely love it. Inked20211011_110121_LI.jpg 20211006_152958.jpg

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you reprogram the tire size? If not, you're going about 10% further per revolution, which would then lead to an apparent 10% decrease in fuel economy.
That definitely sounds like what’s happening. That is too much of a decrease. With a pen and paper method I’ve lost 4.9 mpg on the last 7/8 of a tank, but my wheels and tires are 83 pounds each and I have a 3 inch lift.

@Landram Looks great, congrats!

Landram

Reaction score
Did you reprogram the tire size? If not, you're going about 10% further per revolution, which would then lead to an apparent 10% decrease in fuel economy.
Did not even think about it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Landram

Reaction score
That definitely sounds like what’s happening. That is too much of a decrease. With a pen and paper method I’ve lost 4.9 mpg on the last 7/8 of a tank, but my wheels and tires are 83 pounds each and I have a 3 inch lift.

@Landram Looks great, congrats!
Gotcha. I will have to post actual mileage when I get speedo adjusted. Thanks I like how it turned out.

Purduegranite

Reaction score
Any reason to not run spacer on rear and keep it in line with front? Asking as I am getting a 3.5 lift and looking for new tires but don't know what size to go with.

Landram

Reaction score
Any reason to not run spacer on rear and keep it in line with front? Asking as I am getting a 3.5 lift and looking for new tires but don't know what size to go with.
I prefer a more stock look so I wanted the minimum change from stock. Absolutely needed a spacer on the front to prevent rubbing. The tires on the rear end extended slightly further out with the lift than the front end. The shop explained that this is due to the solid axle in the rear vs A-Arms up front. Blocks push the axle on the rear straight up where as the front the a-arms pivot at an angle so the stance isnt exactly the same as the rear. It was very slight difference maybe 1/2'' at most. I originally had a 10mm spacer on the front which was perfect but the spacers were causing a shimmy that couldn't be resolved. The 4x4 shop had a 6mm on hand which worked well but I have noticed after driving for a while that on fast turns the tires will slightly rub the wheel well. Will prob end up going back to a 10mm eventually. Hope that helps!

Purduegranite

Reaction score
It helped. But once I picked mine up I just got different wheels. I didn't feel like I had enough space between control arm and tire. Currently not running a spacer but haven't tested it on lock to lock for forward and reverse.

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
How do you do a speedo adjust
You can either pay the dealership or do it yourself using AlfaOBD, a security bypass cable, and an OBDII scanner. I just did mine yesterday after having new wheels and 295/65/r20 tires installed.

angelo56

Reaction score
Just wanted to put some information out there for those that are looking to put a lift on a 3.6l ram. I went with the 3.5" Ready Lift and 35x12.50R20 Hankook AT2s. 6mm spacer on the front end. Rides like a dream. Gas mileage dropped significantly on the highway. I was getting mid 20s now Im averaging 15-18 both in town and on highway depending on how I drive. Zero issues with rubbing and a minimal loss in power even with 3.21gears. I absolutely love it. View attachment 109449 View attachment 109450
Thanks so much for this info, I’ve done so much work to this truck and I almost tapped out and bout a v8 because I wanted a lift. I went 2” level on 33s with 22x10-12 lost mpg to about 16.5-17. Now I’m getting a lift this week but really wanted 4.5-5” but there are no options so I almost settled with the 3.5 (which does look great), seems to me and the guy doing my lift who owns 3 rams and his New body v8 rebel he did 3.5 and regretted and told me his mpg was MAYBE .5 less with the 6”. It’s all in the tires. This information is very much appreciated, lastly how long have you ran the 35s?

Users who are viewing this thread