5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 V6 Big Horn/Lone Star Problems!!

ChristianFAFD8

Reaction score
Let me start off with this...I bought the truck a month ago, brand new, it has 900 miles on it and a ton of problems. Any input would be great!!

When driving around 25-40MPH, I get a vibration (almost like I’m going over a rumble strip) I take my foot off the gas and it goes away. Sounds to me like it’s coming from the transfer case or drive shaft. Doesn’t matter if it’s in 3rd gear or 6th gear. Was driving down the parkway the other day in traffic and it was a horribly rumbly ride the entire way.

Anytime I go up a hill, the transmission will seem to think about what gear it wants to go in causing it to be an extremely hard shift into the next gear and or rev multiple times then switch over into the next higher gear.

Finally, when I slow down to make a turn, it’ll stay in third gear at around 10-15mph, when I go to put my foot back on the gas to power up, the truck goes no where. The pedal is almost to the floor and then it finally takes off.

So far, this truck seems to be very sluggish. I can’t tell if it’s misfiring, if the trans is sticking or if it’s a computer problem. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Brisoup1

Reaction score
Either the transmission is bad or it needs a computer re-flash. I read on one post that someone had the same problem & had the transmission replaced.

ChristianFAFD8

Reaction score
Either the transmission is bad or it needs a computer re-flash. I read on one post that someone had the same problem & had the transmission replaced.
I’m taking it back into the shop for the third time
- first time was for a bad crankshaft sensor, second was for a flat - on Thursday, we shall see what they say.

Brisoup1

Reaction score
I’m taking it back into the shop for the third time
- first time was for a bad crankshaft sensor, second was for a flat - on Thursday, we shall see what they say.
Each time you pick up your truck for warranty work, make sure they give the paperwork with a detailed description of your problems and what the did to recitify it. You'll need it if you have to go the Lemon Law route.

Ricardowelch

Reaction score
Let me start off with this...I bought the truck a month ago, brand new, it has 900 miles on it and a ton of problems. Any input would be great!!

When driving around 25-40MPH, I get a vibration (almost like I’m going over a rumble strip) I take my foot off the gas and it goes away. Sounds to me like it’s coming from the transfer case or drive shaft. Doesn’t matter if it’s in 3rd gear or 6th gear. Was driving down the parkway the other day in traffic and it was a horribly rumbly ride the entire way.

Anytime I go up a hill, the transmission will seem to think about what gear it wants to go in causing it to be an extremely hard shift into the next gear and or rev multiple times then switch over into the next higher gear.
Visting autoguysland to know what we should do when manual transmission wont go into gear if you concern.
Finally, when I slow down to make a turn, it’ll stay in third gear at around 10-15mph, when I go to put my foot back on the gas to power up, the truck goes no where. The pedal is almost to the floor and then it finally takes off.

So far, this truck seems to be very sluggish. I can’t tell if it’s misfiring, if the trans is sticking or if it’s a computer problem. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

I think you should check throttle body if it is clean, unobstructed. It is also engine management computer or software. If you use ODB2 scanner, you can diagnostic your car to see if there is another problem.

Users who are viewing this thread