5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Rebel?

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
RM019_122FNnvq3k6qmbtqj09fjdmia190mrk__mid.jpg

Who here is planning on getting a 2019 Rebel? What options are you looking at getting?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am.Looking at 3.6 Pentastar with ETorque, Crew Cab 4x4(5'7" box) Level 2 Equipment group, Bed Utility Group, Block Heater, Billet Silver Metallic/Black Crystal Pearl, Ramboxes, Spray-in Liner, Rear Wheelhouse Liners, 9 Alpine Speakers with Subwoofer, Trailer Brake Control.

Just waiting for the prices and them to finalize the packages as they are always a little different in Canada. I built the above on US site and I know Block Heater is standard on Canadian trucks. I noticed on the 62 page list that Jared put out that the Bed Utility Group has the rear drop down step but its not listed on the build and price website so like I said waiting on finalization of everything.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome... should be a nice truck. After seeing the new Rebel on the road, they have a lot more presence than the current DS Rebels do.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
I priced one out on-line with the Hemi, air suspension, higher capacity fuel tank, engine block heater, trailer tow group, Level 2 equipment group, side steps, RamBox (of course), tonneau cover, bedliner, 8.4" NAV, 9-speaker system, sunroof, blind spot detection, etc. $62,000 all together.Will I actually buy one . . . still paying off some high interest debt (from the rental property days) so now is not a good time. Focused on the TRX, I'm on the fence about waiting and saving vs. buying and trading up later since they seem to hold their value well. Having paddle shifters might have swayed me to buy sooner, but ultimately, it is my financial situation that holds the most sway.But I do like the truck. Very well done.

D

Deleted member103

VoiceOfReason said:
I priced one out on-line with the Hemi, air suspension, higher capacity fuel tank, engine block heater, trailer tow group, Level 2 equipment group, side steps, RamBox (of course), tonneau cover, bedliner, 8.4" NAV, 9-speaker system, sunroof, blind spot detection, etc. $62,000 all together.Will I actually buy one . . . still paying off some high interest debt (from the rental property days) so now is not a good time. Focused on the TRX, I'm on the fence about waiting and saving vs. buying and trading up later since they seem to hold their value well. Having paddle shifters might have swayed me to buy sooner, but ultimately, it is my financial situation that holds the most sway.But I do like the truck. Very well done.
Well thought out . . . hope your plans work out, and THANK YOU FOR YOUR MILITARY SERVICE, as a Navy retiree I certainly can appreciate all the sacrifices you've made !
1f44d.png

D

Deleted member103

Thinking about REBEL and the just released towing statistics . . . I just want to say, or rather SHOW what I feel a REBEL should be Towing --
(see attachment)
(see attachment)
Couldn't find a DS towing this Off Road "camper" ! Will the Cherokee do ? For now .

Attachments

• 877632_orig.jpg
    877632_orig.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 474351_orig.jpg
    474351_orig.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 163
D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
@LOU.2 just got bit by the Rebel bug...
1f609.png
NO 'dd', my friend, If you "time-travel" back you'll see I was Smitten in love with the new-look REBEL pretty much from the beginning ! The new look Front-end was/is tweaked just right from the previous year ! Yes . . . and it wasn't until the build & price came on line & I realized, as Mamma used to say, " My eyes were bigger than my stomach !" Meaning my Wallet of course . . . I just didn't feel justified in spending another 6 to 8K, when - as you know from my many previous chats - the 4X4 off road Big Horn/Level 1 does fulfill my real-requirements ! The REBEL, as yummy as it is, would be "wasted on me" ! Understand what I mean ? It's like the reason I will probably never have another dog -- because I won't put "her" thru the "apartment" lifestyle, and I don't know how much longer I can actually DRIVE, let alone care for the dog (use the Rebel as Intended) ! But as I mentioned I think a day ago or so, when I do get my DT; it's off to the wilderness I go, hi ho, hi ho ! I'll be trying to Camp & fly fish till I get "sick of it" - never would, it's what I "live for" ! It's the only inspiration I have left !
263a.png

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I know, we are all smitten by the Rebel and I do remeber you saying exactly that. And when they become available on lots alot of people willstop to see it and go home with the big horn with off road package, which I agree will suit you just fine. I also feel the rebel is priced out of my range, when a Powerwagon is cheaper, but man it keeps biting at me. And i fully understand about the dog. We miss our St. BERNARD dearly, but I remeber now how annoying other dog owners can be at campgrounds, so until my son gets older, we won't be getting another...and now I can get a Rebel with the console as I won't need the center seat...but I have no use for a 1500...I don't need a flashy factory custom pickup...
1f62b.png
1f628.png
263a.png

D

Deleted member103

devildodge said:
Yes I know, we are all smitten by the Rebel and I do remeber you saying exactly that. And when they become available on lots alot of people willstop to see it and go home with the big horn with off road package, which I agree will suit you just fine. I also feel the rebel is priced out of my range, when a Powerwagon is cheaper, but man it keeps biting at me. And i fully understand about the dog. We miss our St. BERNARD dearly, but I remeber now how annoying other dog owners can be at campgrounds, so until my son gets older, we won't be getting another...and now I can get a Rebel with the console as I won't need the center seat...but I have no use for a 1500...I don't need a flashy factory custom pickup...
1f62b.png
1f628.png
263a.png
Our "Brain-Waves" seem to be on a similar "Plain" ! Nice chat . Funny, a St. Bernard . . . that is a LOT of missed occupancy . . . and now sadly -or not - more space for other things ! I do too miss the snuggle of my dogs snout in my lap driving along the open road; when she ain't got her head out the passenger window ! Wouldn't / Couldn't have her out MY window, wouldn't be able to drive ! Can't imagine how a ST. Bernard would even attempt that !
263a.png
1f606.png
263a.png
1f914.png
Stay well.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He would lay his head on my lap the whole trip, then just in time to back up he would do this(see attachment)
And then I couldn't see my mirror. We sure do miss him.

Attachments

• 2018-01-21 21.26.15.jpg
    2018-01-21 21.26.15.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 122

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)
Interesting picture of the Rebel in the dirt.

Man does that truck look good. Wish they would add the high impact colots to the Rebel...like hills green and Omaha orange

Attachments

• 2018-05-21 08.38.06.jpg
    2018-05-21 08.38.06.jpg
    1,012.8 KB · Views: 62

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome news @t_george77 that you ordered a Rebel. By far my favorite Ram 1500 truck of all time and this 5th Gen Version is much better than the last.

Can't wait to heat you got yours. I have been looking daily to see if any dealers have them, so far 6 near me have been ordered but none have arrived.

TimG

Reaction score
Yeah, according to all I can see on other forums and such, very few Rebels have gone down the line. Those that have do not have Ramboxes (or eTorque, but that's a whole other box of hammers). I saw somewhere that FCA is really having a hard time reaching production goals (obviously), and the company is actively searching for the solution. Hopefully its just a bit of growing pains and everything gets sorted out soon!

Users who are viewing this thread