5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Limited/Longhorn buying advice!!

LorenzoDean

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been looking at purchasing a 2019 RAM 1500 limited trim truck and just wondered if there was anyone on this sub with a few months experience with their 2019 to provide some feedback. Any reliability issues? How's the performance, power and braking?

Secondly I've been looking at both the limited and the Longhorn. If I were to max out the spec of the longhorn would it match the limited in interior quality except for the color differences? 55 printing low cost color copy

Appreciate any feedback and help provided!!

Last edited:

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes the only difference would be the colour and the saddle bags on the back of the front seats

myles

Reaction score
2020 longhorn here - it mostly comes down to what interior color you want
Build quality/materials are the same

limited is black or white-ish colors
longhorn is light brown or dark brown interior options

- limited comes standard with air suspension, its an option on the longhorn, I specifically did not want that because it makes lifting the truck more expensive/difficult.
- limited has the chrome bezel thing on the side of the truck

- longhorn can be ordered with the walnut 2-tone for some colors.
- longhorn has filigree option - I got this and all the little details are really neat.

The longhorn is basically like a "texas" edition that has options for everything the limited has.

I was definitely worried because I never saw the light brown filigree option in person before i ordered, but once it came in I loved it, its definitely southwestern but everything has a very nice touch to it. Feel like I need to get myself a pair of snakeskin boots to match my truck lol.

as for power and braking,
braking is good, no complaints even with my 9k+ trailer, actually had my trailer brakes quit on my once and the truck still stopped the trailer.
i have the ecodiesel and it has a ton of torque, its not winning any 1/8 miles races but i knew that going into it.

Last edited:

Fatboy

Reaction score
2020 longhorn here - it mostly comes down to what interior color you want
Build quality/materials are the same

limited is black or white-ish colors
longhorn is light brown or dark brown interior options

- limited comes standard with air suspension, its an option on the longhorn, I specifically did not want that because it makes lifting the truck more expensive/difficult.
- limited has the chrome bezel thing on the side of the truck

- longhorn can be ordered with the walnut 2-tone for some colors.
- longhorn has filigree option - I got this and all the little details are really neat.

The longhorn is basically like a "texas" edition that has options for everything the limited has.

I was definitely worried because I never saw the light brown filigree option in person before i ordered, but once it came in I loved it, its definitely southwestern but everything has a very nice touch to it. Feel like I need to get myself a pair of snakeskin boots to match my truck lol.

as for power and braking,
braking is good, no complaints even with my 9k+ trailer, actually had my trailer brakes quit on my once and the truck still stopped the trailer.
i have the ecodiesel and it has a ton of torque, its not winning any 1/8 miles races but i knew that going into it.

sir, that is the most well spoken comparison I have seen on this sight in a long time.

FYI The grille is different also.

Fatboy

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been looking at purchasing a 2019 RAM 1500 limited trim truck and just wondered if there was anyone on this sub with a few months experience with their 2019 to provide some feedback. Any reliability issues? How's the performance, power and braking?

Secondly I've been looking at both the limited and the Longhorn. If I were to max out the spec of the longhorn would it match the limited in interior quality except for the color differences? 55 printing low cost color copy

Appreciate any feedback and help provided!!

I had a pearl white 19 limited and now have a 2020 black limited. I like black leather. But I have saw some beautiful longhorns. as stated above. Truly only difference is the leather type, color and the grille.

Attachments

• 14336849-A2FA-4C05-8C52-3C5F2E7F1ACF.jpeg
    14336849-A2FA-4C05-8C52-3C5F2E7F1ACF.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 32
  • F7FBEE5C-315D-4409-8962-9E38BB6F2134.jpeg
    F7FBEE5C-315D-4409-8962-9E38BB6F2134.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 565DE6FC-F877-45B9-8CF5-4F870BC862F1.jpeg
    565DE6FC-F877-45B9-8CF5-4F870BC862F1.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 30

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The black and new saddle colors of the longhorn struck me as so unique and cool that I went with the longhorn. It's a matter of taste. The interior color is a love it or leave it, judging by comments on the board. More positive reviews than negative. I will say that if I were back in the market that the blacked out limited would be a truck I'd consider for the right price. But I'm very happy with my truck as it is now.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a pearl white 19 limited and now have a 2020 black limited. I like black leather. But I have saw some beautiful longhorns. as stated above. Truly only difference is the leather type, color and the grille.
...and wheels, if you opt for the 20s.

Reactions: Jtr

troymi

Reaction score
Hey Fatboy,
I'm looking at a Limited with Black Pkg also. What tires do you have on? Size I mean. Thanks.

oulmanpe

Reaction score
Just cracked 1K miles on my 2020 Longhorn and I love it. Had my mind set on the Longhorn from the get-go so didn't really do any comparisons to the Limited. As most have posted, I think it is more just color and style preference, all the equipment should be identical, depending what options you opt for. I had a 2012 Longhorn 2500 with the Cummins a few years back and loved that truck also. The tech and other refinements since then are pretty dramatic. I do miss the diesel but still love my Hemi.

Users who are viewing this thread