5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RAM 1500 Limited/Longhorn buying advice

joe77

Reaction score
Hello everyone,,
I've been looking at purchasing a 2019 RAM 1500 limited trim truck and just wondered if there was anyone on this sub with a few months experience with their 2019 to provide some feedback. Any reliability issues? How's the performance, power and braking?
Secondly I've been looking at both the limited and the Longhorn. If I were to max out the spec of the longhorn would it match the limited in interior quality except for the color differences?100001.onl/ 1921681254.mx/ acc.onl/hotmail
Appreciate any feedback and help provided!!

Last edited:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,,
I've been looking at purchasing a 2019 RAM 1500 limited trim truck and just wondered if there was anyone on this sub with a few months experience with their 2019 to provide some feedback. Any reliability issues? How's the performance, power and braking?
Secondly I've been looking at both the limited and the Longhorn. If I were to max out the spec of the longhorn would it match the limited in interior quality except for the color differences?
Appreciate any feedback and help provided!!
I have a highly-optioned truck and have had very few issues (PM me if you want specifics).

The Limited and Longhorn are essentially identical in fit and finish - just different styles. The Limited comes with more standard features, but there’s nothing on a Limited that can’t be had on a Longhorn.

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
I have a highly-optioned truck and have had very few issues (PM me if you want specifics).

The Limited and Longhorn are essentially identical in fit and finish - just different styles. The Limited comes with more standard features, but there’s nothing on a Limited that can’t be had on a Longhorn.
I found the seats in a Longhorn are "cushier" than a Limited. I discovered this when I test drove both, one directly after the other.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I loved the Longhorn with the black/saddle interior... like LOVED. A little too "cowboy" for Massachusetts, but damn it was gorgeous.

rotts4u

Reaction score
I too looked at both Limited and Longhorns. I ended up with a Longhorn and here is why. All Limiteds have a lot of carbon fiber looking trim inside that just didn't suit me personally. If that is your style then you may like it better. There are DIFFERENT Longhorn interior colors and some of them haver the embroidery on the seats and some don't. To me I did not like the stitching on the seats at all. Its too western looking but the rest of the Longhorn accents were not so obvious other than the buckles on the back of the front seats which I think they all have. So I ended up with a Billet Silver Longhorn with the interior color that didn't have the stitching. I am not a cowboy but I think its a very classy look with the two tone interior and so far no issues at all. I love everything except I wish I had the 33 gallon tank. The 26 is just too small for a V8 5.7. I am lucky to get 400 miles on a good day before the low fuel light is on. 375 is common.

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
I loved the Longhorn with the black/saddle interior... like LOVED. A little too "cowboy" for Massachusetts, but damn it was gorgeous.
We're just a bunch of Florida "crackers" anyway so "cowboy" fits right in even though we launch rockets around here. :LOL:

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oooohh... I meant no offense to cowboys or anyone... like I said I love the Longhorn. It's just the "theme" of the truck that doesn't quite fit in the Puritanical North East. Much the same way if there was a "Lobstahman" edition, it wouldn't quite fit in in Dallas. That was my only point.

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
Oooohh... I meant no offense to cowboys or anyone... like I said I love the Longhorn. It's just the "theme" of the truck that doesn't quite fit in the Puritanical North East. Much the same way if there was a "Lobstahman" edition, it wouldn't quite fit in in Dallas. That was my only point.
No offense here :giggle:

LGBarnett

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited. The only 2 items of note are:
  1. I had the UConnect system go blank on me after 4 months. Brought to dealership and found out it needed a reboot. Now I know how to do it myself. Been 2.5 months since with no recurrence
  2. I have had an ongoing issue with the easy exit seats. They almost have never worked. I have reset them and have had the dealer reset them, but they still don;t go back when I exit the truck. Maybe its because my seat is already about 3/4 inch from all the way back. Not a big deal though.
Otherwise, its been a great truck. Rides awesome. Interior quality is awesome (Mercedes like). Everyone thinks its off the hook nice. One piece of advice (check on this forum for more info), replace the factory speakers (dash and doors only). I think this applies for both the Alpine and the HK system but for me it was the Alpine. That transformed an adequate sounding stereo into a great sounding stereo.

LGBarnett

Reaction score
What speakers did you use? Also what are the sizes?
Infinity Ref 3022 3.5" 2-Way in all 3 spots in dash
Infinity Ref 9620 6x9 Components (used only woofer) in front doors
Infinity Ref 9633 6x9 3-Way in rear doors
These will completely alter your perception of the Alpine stereo.

Edit: I got them all on Amazon at significant savings over Crutchfield. I believe some, at least the 3022, are the prior models and thus the big savings. Complete change out was ~$350 with connectors from Crutchfield. Two types the one Crutchfield recommends works for the door speakers. The model for the dash speakers I can't recall but there are numerous postings here on it. Crutchfield says they don;t match but they do.

Last edited:

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited. The only 2 items of note are:
  1. I had the UConnect system go blank on me after 4 months. Brought to dealership and found out it needed a reboot. Now I know how to do it myself. Been 2.5 months since with no recurrence
  2. I have had an ongoing issue with the easy exit seats. They almost have never worked. I have reset them and have had the dealer reset them, but they still don;t go back when I exit the truck. Maybe its because my seat is already about 3/4 inch from all the way back. Not a big deal though.
Otherwise, its been a great truck. Rides awesome. Interior quality is awesome (Mercedes like). Everyone thinks its off the hook nice. One piece of advice (check on this forum for more info), replace the factory speakers (dash and doors only). I think this applies for both the Alpine and the HK system but for me it was the Alpine. That transformed an adequate sounding stereo into a great sounding stereo.
What did the dealer teach you to perform the uconnect reboot? Thx

LGBarnett

Reaction score
What did the dealer teach you to perform the uconnect reboot? Thx
Ummm... Good Question! I forgot! Oh well, quick search found a posting on this site saying to press in Tune and Volume knobs at same time and hold for 10 seconds. I seem to recall that was the process.

Actually I think it is to press the button in the Tune and Volume knobs. Think they are Power on left and I am not sure what the button on the right side is for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtr

Users who are viewing this thread