5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn w/ Body Color Bumper?

JukeFactory

Reaction score
Hello! I have just started the process of researching the new 2019 Ram 1500 in hopes of purchasing one this fall. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the builder tool on ram website accurate as in if I dont see an option there it really isn't available?
2. Is it possible to get a Laramie Longhorn with the body colored bumpers? (white in my case)

Thanks!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello! I have just started the process of researching the new 2019 Ram 1500 in hopes of purchasing one this fall. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the builder tool on ram website accurate as in if I dont see an option there it really isn't available?
2. Is it possible to get a Laramie Longhorn with the body colored bumpers? (white in my case)

Thanks!
1. You'll find many examples in the threads on this forum of past errors. It varies by the day/week/month, so it's best to check with your dealer.
2. The Limited offers this option, but not the Laramie Longhorn. The only two-tone combination on the Longhorn has the bumpers and rockers painted in the "RV Match" Walnut Brown.

D

Deleted member 85

Thanks!
You could ask your dealer to swap the chrome bumpers with a Bighorn/Laramie Sport or a Limited. We have done this for a client on the 4th Gen trucks for the same purpose you're seeking.

Psimpson

Reaction score
You can get a body colored front bumper, Its ALN and lists for $195

Creep0321

Reaction score
You can get body colored bumpers in the longhorn, just not grill (like Laramie sport appearance)

Truckin

Reaction score
You can get body colored bumpers in the longhorn, just not grill (like Laramie sport appearance)

Yup. They added it in December, I already had my Longhorn ordered but the dealer was able to cancel and reorder my Delmonico Red with the body colored bumpers...Now, in another week or two I will be able to see it in person!

Rototerrier

Reaction score
I have body colored now and on my replacement reorder I chose chrome.
In 2k miles I already have little chips. The paint looks good on the lot, but over time I feel the chrome will hold up better. My personal opinion. Since I get a do over, I changed quite a few things, bumper color included.

Creep0321

Reaction score
In 2k miles I already have little chips. The paint looks good on the lot, but over time I feel the chrome will hold up better. My personal opinion. Since I get a do over, I changed quite a few things, bumper color included.
What other changes? And why re ordering?

Rototerrier

Reaction score
Back of my truck 2 tone Brown is mismatched with the front and the Pearl white is lighter than the front. Whole back half of truck doesn't match the front.

I chose chrome bumpers, removed etorque because it's a total sham, got the ramboxes and added air suspension. After towing without it, I decided I really do need it. Went with delmonico red as they seem to not be messing that paint color up. Should be here within the next couple weeks. Dealer said it was waiting for a train.

Everything else I kept the same in my signature.

arizonapaul

Reaction score

Thanks!
Yes, picked mine up 3 days ago and love the combo...
87840a865335380c532b5524b68db0b3.jpg
7ef5132bb2153ac42323bee31b1cbd48.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. They added it in December, I already had my Longhorn ordered but the dealer was able to cancel and reorder my Delmonico Red with the body colored bumpers...Now, in another week or two I will be able to see it in person!
I’ll want to see pics, as that option wasn’t around when I ordered last May! That being said, I’m a fan of the chrome on my own Delmonico Red Longhorn.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree. I bought mine off the lot and didnt even realize you could get chrome on the Limited. I would have preferred chrome. Mine are chipped already and I've only put 4000 miles on it.

Truckin

Reaction score
I will be adding PPF to the front and rear bumpers as soon as I take delivery...Hopefully I will be able to convince myself body color bumpers are worth $2K ($995 for the body color bumper group and $1,000 for PPF)

Users who are viewing this thread