5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn 5.7L both fobs not working, truck doesn't start, no display on dash, battery good.

KMick82

Reaction score
Welp, just watched my 2019 Ram 1500 get towed back to the dealer with only 10,300 miles or so (I'd give exact number but dash wouldn't light). I was away on vacation and truck was not driven for 10 days. Went to take it for a ride as I missed driving her and fibs did nothing. I thought that maybe there was a slow drain from battery and a jump would do it. Opened door with the actual key you pop out of the fob and immediately received the panic alarm horn and nothing on dash not even hazard lights. Tried to jump it off our Durango and after 20 minutes everything still dead on dash and radio and horn would keep getting triggered. Eventually removed horn fuse to give my neighbors a break. The PRND near gear dial would flicker as well as the push start button light and red security light and that's it. I've seen many threads where dash displays fob not detected and able to push the actual key to the button to get it going, that's not the case here. Most people seem to have issue with a leak in 5th window and having damage to the Rf hub (Radio frequency hub) which keeps truck in a security type mode if fibs are not present. Just looking for any input from anyone who has experienced anything similar and how was it resolved. Thanks

KMick82

Reaction score
Might want to check your grounds under the hood.
I did give a little torque on all connections I saw before calling for the tow, everything was tight, we'll see what they say. So far a call this morning to tell me it's dead and might need a battery. I told them it's not and if they want to just throw a new one in there while they keep diagnosing I'm fine with it.

KMick82

Reaction score
How do you know the battery is good?
I tested it at 12.5 amps, tried to jump with another vehicle to at least try to get a light on the dash or something. Nothing happened, roadside assistance confirmed with battery booster and no lights coming on that is was more involved than just a battery.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I tested it at 12.5 amps, tried to jump with another vehicle to at least try to get a light on the dash or something. Nothing happened, roadside assistance confirmed with battery booster and no lights coming on that is was more involved than just a battery.

There are a few threads about this exact problem and the battery ended up being the culprit, even though it tested okay.

KMick82

Reaction score
There are a few threads about this exact problem and the battery ended up being the culprit, even though it tested okay.
I would love for it to just be the battery. It's day 2 at the shop and they still don't have a diagnosis yet. The diagnostic cpu they have won't show anything, they said it's not getting power. Told them again pretty sure some wiring was fried from leak in the back. Still no answers.

KMick82

Reaction score
Update. They changed battery no change. Changed wireless control module, no change. Changed PDC (power distribution center) and they say it started but still lot of modules not communicating. Left me a voice mail asking the condition and when it started. It was end of day and didnt get a chance to call them back. Probably going to stop in tomorrow to talk with them as it has been 8 days now. Starting to wonder if lightning gave a surge while parked though no signs on ground where parked or on vehicle.

JoshSchoenmakers

Reaction score
Update. They changed battery no change. Changed wireless control module, no change. Changed PDC (power distribution center) and they say it started but still lot of modules not communicating. Left me a voice mail asking the condition and when it started. It was end of day and didnt get a chance to call them back. Probably going to stop in tomorrow to talk with them as it has been 8 days now. Starting to wonder if lightning gave a surge while parked though no signs on ground where parked or on vehicle.
what ended up being the solution? dealing with a similar issue.

Users who are viewing this thread