5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Limited Air Suspension vs previous generation non air?

Gond1

Reaction score
Love the forum! I'm close to purchasing an 19RAM Limited. I currently have an 17 Laramie loaded but without air suspension. My impetus for getting out of the 17 is the "floaty" ride. It is a soft ride to be sure but I'm looking for a more buttoned down ride. Now I understand a RAM is not a racecar but I would like a tighter ride. Can anybody comment on the difference between the new model air suspension versus a prior generation without? Thanks in advance!

Gtbrown

Reaction score
I went from a Gen 3 (2007) to a Limited and the air suspension is far superior to the Gen 3. It is firm and well planted yet absorbs road imperfections wonderfully. Very impressive.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
I didn't own a previous gen truck but I can say that my 2019 Limited offers a good balance between ride and handling. I had a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali with Magneride, and while I believe it handled "better" than my RAM, it also rode much more harshly. I can't stand a vehicle that drives like a boat and my RAM does not float down the road.

Raminit

Reaction score
Go drive one with 22’s and you’ll buy it. It’s a luxurious solid “big car feel” ride very little float. Coming from a Honda Accord that has a very sporty feel overall that says a lot. I’m in love with this truck and the way it handles

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't own a previous gen truck but I can say that my 2019 Limited offers a good balance between ride and handling. I had a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali with Magneride, and while I believe it handled "better" than my RAM, it also rode much more harshly. I can't stand a vehicle that drives like a boat and my RAM does not float down the road.

I think the tradeoff here is the leaf springs in that chevy.
The Chevy and GMC trucks tend to have good payloads, handle well on the highway, but have a stiffer ride.

Users who are viewing this thread