5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Laramie Black Out in WI

LossPrev

Reaction score
Just traded my 2015 Laramie in for this new one and so far am very happy. I really enjoyed my 2015 but it is not set up to tow much and I will be getting a toy hauler soon so figured I'd use that as an excuse to get into the new body style. I've only put about 350 miles on it so still very early(fingers crossed) but haven't had any issues so far other than my Bluetooth audio source cutting in/out intermittently. I love how this truck looks and "feels". For the first time I have a vehicle that if I won the lottery tomorrow I would not trade in immediately because this is a dream truck.

Favorite things(too many to list)
-LED Headlights & Fog lights (I was always bitter that the previous Laramies didn't have Xenons lol)
-The Black Out package. I don't hate chrome but have always envied the Sport Package trucks I would see. Fell in love with the black out package as soon as I saw it.
-The entire interior. Everything is so damn nice. I love that Ram even thought through putting a black headliner in the Black Out truck rather than reusing the tan/light gray one.
-Panoramic Sunroof
-updated Uconnect/android auto capable. Google maps is da best!
-huge backseat/cabin
-3.92 axle
-antenna is finally gone

Things I don't like
-Bluetooth issue
-non power folding tow mirrors!!!!!
-no dimming in the tow mirrors!!!! seriously Ram why do you punish me for paying more for mirrors? I noticed that the standard 2019 mirrors only dim on the drivers side though. My 2015 had driver and passenger dimming mirrors.
-the cluster/control lights are full bright with headlights off and dimmed with headlights on. 2015 if the headlights were on but there was still quite a bit of daylight would keep the cluster at full bright.

Attachments

• Old Truck.jpg
    Old Truck.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 23
  • New truck.jpg
    New truck.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 25
  • New Truck1.jpg
    New Truck1.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome. This mirror debacle makes no sense...when they already had better mirrors.

Thanks for joining us

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online