5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 injector issues

AlwaysLearnin

Reaction score
Hello all,
Still trying to figure out how to work this site so sorry if maybe this question is already answered. I have a 19 ram 1500 with the 5.7 I purchased in June. Sometime in September I had started getting codes for a misfire in cylinder 3, the dealer replaced an injector and it was good. I called warranty services and they got it fixed in around a week. Two days ago it happened again but this time on cylinder 7. Also got it fixed through the warranty but it’s hard to believe it happened twice within a thousand miles. My question is this a common problem? And is there anyway to get warranty services to just replace all 8 to get this not to happen? Much appreciated

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello all,
Still trying to figure out how to work this site so sorry if maybe this question is already answered. I have a 19 ram 1500 with the 5.7 I purchased in June. Sometime in September I had started getting codes for a misfire in cylinder 3, the dealer replaced an injector and it was good. I called warranty services and they got it fixed in around a week. Two days ago it happened again but this time on cylinder 7. Also got it fixed through the warranty but it’s hard to believe it happened twice within a thousand miles. My question is this a common problem? And is there anyway to get warranty services to just replace all 8 to get this not to happen? Much appreciated
Not aware of this as a recurring problem. My first thought is something in the fuel. That could be as simple as poor quality/contaminated gas, or as major as debris in the fuel system. I would start by changing fillup locations, and make sure your filler area is clean before you insert the fuel nozzle.

You might ask your dealer (if you haven't already) to show you the bad injector, or at least explain what the failure was. As for a "pre-emptive strike", you aren't likely to get them to foot the bill of replacing parts that aren't verified as bad, but it doesn't cost anything to ask. Hopefully the second bad injector will be your last ;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree with @HemiDude. They will not replace any parts unless you have a failure...nothing "preemptive" will be approved. Use a high quality fuel and run some injector cleaner through your next empty tank. I like this one:

You can find them on sale at times at Walmart too! The six-pack is a very good deal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread